An Old School Catholic Message Board

Prayers Requested

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

[quote name='PCPA2Be's Mom' date='Apr 6 2006, 10:51 PM']>:(  :weep:  :weep:  :weep:

I was so sorry to hear about your loss.  D called me to tell me about it and of course was really upset by what happened.  I know that you feel violated and scared.  Make sure that the locks are changed along with any repairs that might be needed.  Do you have a deadbolt on doors and locks on windows?  Whatever you need to do to feel safe should be done asap.  I'm just glad that you were not home and were not physically injured.  Now you need to try to feel safe.  You will be in my prayers
love Deb
[right][snapback]938627[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This place is like fort knox now. I feel like I live in a bomb shelter. We placed wood over our glass on our back door. The garage windows are covered and we have the locksmith here. The landlord is coming tomorrow for the doors.

The problem is this place is marked, it's all cops and firemen that live here, the burglars come in looking for guns and quick stuff they can sell for cash. I can't even keep my gun here, it's registered and at my parents. In Chicago you cannot have a gun unless your a fireman or cop. So, that's why we are getting hit by thee losers.

Just so ya'll don't worry, we're taking this into our own hands. My cousin is a tact officer, plain clothes drug enforcement officer in this beat where I live, Lydia our neighbor upstairs is a cop. We are doing our own investigation. We are checking the local pawn shops for all my jewelry today.

Thanks for your prayers and we're gonna find this loser or these losers.

I'm also looking at moving into a safer neighborhood.

brandelynmarie
:sign: :sign: :sign: Please bless your home with Holy Water or Blessed Salt to continue the healing process...or even have a priest come & bless it....I'm so sorry... :sadder:

Guest phatdaddy
:( very sorry this has happen to you. Please try to put it behind you as soon as you can. The fear can be over whelming. It seems to me your best option is to move for safety sake. Even if they are caught and punished and you get your valuables back, it sounds like the danger will always remain because it's in the neighbor. Moving is easier said than done, but I pray you are able to. Take care of your precious self.
Mr. Ray

Laurentina1975

[quote name='brandelynmarie' date='Apr 7 2006, 09:00 AM']:sign:  :sign:  :sign: Please bless your home with Holy Water or Blessed Salt to continue the healing process...or even have a priest come & bless it....I'm so sorry... :sadder:
[right][snapback]938836[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Good idea, I'll call Fr. Steve.

Mary-Kathryn

Dear Lauren,

I am so very sory for your loss and violation of safety. Alarm systems can be costly, so perhaps this might do in the meantime:

When we lived in Arizona when our children were small, we had to be very saftey-conscious, particularly since we had a pool. WE went to a local store [maybe Wal-Mart or K-Mart] and in the baby section they had these door alarms. Very inexpensive and easy to install. Turn it on when you need peace of mind [for us it was like every second for the door that led to the pool; perhaps at night for you?] and it worked wonderfully. If you open the door while its turned on that thing was LOUD beyond belief.

Also, I now live in a very rural area. My "alarm" is a very sweet-natured protective pooch who has what a I call the "Cujo" bark. She wouldn't hurt a fly but has kept some questionable looking solicitors at bay.

I will offer my prayers for you before The Blessed Sacrament.
Mary-Kathryn

Laurentina1975

thanks. i found my class ring from 1993 at the pawn shop over near my place. it's a start.

:madrant:

That just makes me wanna. . . . some people are so, so lost. I'm glad you found your ring, though.

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 7 2006, 02:33 PM']thanks. i found my class ring from 1993 at the pawn shop over near my place.  it's a start.
[right][snapback]939320[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I pray that the news continues to improve.

PCPA2Be's Mom

Lauren, I'm glad that you found your ring. Hopefully other items will show up over the next few days, those guys don't usually hold onto items very long, as your police neighbors probably told you.

I think it''s a good idea to move to a safer neighborhood. Then hopefully you can put this awful experience behind you. I pray for you!! bigpray: :bigpray:

take care
Deb
You know where those guys are going :devil:

Laurentina1975

Sorry my computer time is limited, as I no longer like...have one. Thanks all for your prayers and please continue them. The house is now alarmed and like fort knox. adt came out today.

Lauren :ninja:

I'm :pray: for you. Are you going to get a new computer? Was it insured?

And I know this is :offtopic: but when are you going to Boston?

Your sister in Christ,
Denise