An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station without Sister Denise

OLAM Dad

Thank you for the information. . .Yes, I wrote to the Camaldolese many months ago. . .just figured it wasn't God's will.

brandelynmarie

Speaking of hermits there are two female Carmelite hermits near Steubenville, OH & I think there are the Handmaids of Nazareth down there too...They have an interesting novitiate were you can still be in debt & work off your debts & live where you live while following their rule...Eek! I think I have that right! LOL :topsy:

Marieteresa

Hey Denise I pray that your retreat is going well and that your enjoying the peace and quiet.

In JMJ

Domine ut Videam

Denise............

there is really nothing i can say. But Christ is carrying you and you are in my prayers. He will catch every tear that falls from your eyes. I am here too if you ever want to talk; just PM me.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Hello everyone. Thank you for your prayers. My 'retreat' has been, well, interesting. The sisters are wonderfully nice. I've had a chance to do some praying, some reading, some walking, some sleeping and more praying.

Like I said, it isn't a retreat in that you sign up and go to a retreat for instruction. More, it's a time for me to pray and see what our Lord is asking of me, with no specific time schedule. There are some religious that I've spoken with (not here) who've said that perhaps, since this is the second time I've gotten ill upon arriving to a convent, perhaps that means I'm not called to religious life. Others have said perhaps it just means I wasn't called where I went. LOL Let me tell you, while I've learned tremendously where I've been, I would love to be able to know where He IS calling me, so that I won't be a gypsy, and traipsing from place to place. At any rate, I am still discerning if He wishes for me to have learned some things while in the rel life, then go back out into the world, for whatever purpose (3rd order, secular institute, etc.) or if He wishes me to finally find my home within religious life.

So far, He's been rather silent. But I continue to ask His will, for that is all I will.

The sisters are on retreat starting last night. Most of it is a silent retreat, which makes for an interesting time for me. I have offered to cook their main meals, which they accepted. (I wonder if they know what torture that have in store for them! LOL) Today was pot roast/beef stew. Tomorrow I'm making homemade pizza. I hope it turns out well. This is the first time I'm using this particular dough recipe. I will be cooking their main meals until Friday. Maybe one of the sisters from the community will post on here and tell you if it was good or not. ;)

Talk to you all soon. I pray you are all doing well. I remember each of you daily.

God Bless you.

Denise

Denise,

Sounds like you're at least keeping busy with all that cooking!! I hope that the food turns out well...or it could be sisters' penitential act for the day ;)

It's good that you've at least found a place where you can take some time away from the working world to pray and discern where God is calling you to next. What a blessing that those sisters have opened their doors to you! I am incredibly glad that you have that...even if the more distant future is still unclear.

I will, of course, continue to pray for you. May Mary continue to guide you ever closer to the most Sacred and merciful Heart of Jesus.

Keep us posted! :)

[quote name='magnificat' post='1002648' date='Jun 10 2006, 05:04 PM']
Denise,

Sounds like you're at least keeping busy with all that cooking!! I hope that the food turns out well...or it could be sisters' penitential act for the day ;)

It's good that you've at least found a place where you can take some time away from the working world to pray and discern where God is calling you to next. What a blessing that those sisters have opened their doors to you! I am incredibly glad that you have that...even if the more distant future is still unclear.

I will, of course, continue to pray for you. May Mary continue to guide you ever closer to the most Sacred and merciful Heart of Jesus.

Keep us posted! :)
[/quote]

Penitential eh? Lovely :shock:

I hope it will never be THAT bad, and that they aren't doing the false flattery thing.
Yea, I can see it. . .compliment her cooking so we don't have to do it for the retreat. :lol_roll:

Yes, they are very generous for allowing me to stay here. I'm working hard, yes. But they have just been wonderful. Just. ..accepting and loving me. Rare, to be sure.

Thank you for your prayers. You are of course in mine. God bless you.

denise

Edited by HisChild