An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station without Sister Denise

OLAM Dad

I didn't know Denise as well as many of you, but I will miss her more than I thought. May the Lord grant her happiness and peace.

As I was singing the Divine Mercy Chaplet before Mass at the IRL for Denise....I was in tears.....I miss her dearly...

we will all miss her terribly but that's not to say we will never speak to her again. I cannot be more happy for her, we should all learn from her examples and willngness to follow God. May He bless her as she follows His will to become a poor clare,
-Lori

Guest phatdaddy

Well said Lori. Yes Denice will be missed by us all. She is a remarkable young lady and she has been a blessing to us all. For me, even though I knew her only briefly through this PM, I again feel a little pain of separation. But, I must say PM is such a blessing to me, I so enjoy being a part of so many holy lives. God bless you all. Thanks OLAM Dad for asking.
Mr. Ray :sadwalk:

PS: Sr. Denice's labor of love is just beginning and I am consoled to think of that. Thank you Jesus :clapping:

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='958871' date='Apr 24 2006, 09:38 AM']
PS: Sr. Denice's labor of love is just beginning and I am consoled to think of that. Thank you Jesus :clapping:
[/quote]

Yes knowing how [i]happy [/i] and [i]peaceful[/i] she must be right now, I am just overjoyed to know how she is feeling. I'm so excited for her!!! Yes thank you Jesus, he's wonderful isn't He? :love: ^_^ :saint: :drool: :)

brandelynmarie

She was such a big help to me...to so many of us...someone up above mentioned how transparent she was with us in sharing her vocation journey with us...I miss her :sadder: ...but again, we all can meet at the feet of our Eucharistic Lord & say..."hi!" :bye: to her & to each other...We're all on a journey home so to speak & yes, this is a pretty transitory place...especially fragile since it is in cyber-space! May God grant us many happy & holy vocations from phatmass! OLAM Dad, thanks for starting up this thread...this is very good!

Edited by brandelynmarie

franciscanheart

It's definitely different without her here. I was so happy for her though (and still am). She's in such a wonderful place right now and I feel blessed to have known her, even for such a short amount of time. :)

PCPA2Be's Mom

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Although Denise will not be able to read the thoughts you had I know she thoroughly enjoyed sharing her travels toward the Lord with all of you. That is why she asked me to keep you informed when I hear from her. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I am going through Denise withdrawl and have received comfort from your words.

Deb

Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Although Denise will not be able to read the thoughts you had I know she thoroughly enjoyed sharing her travels toward the Lord with all of you. That is why she asked me to keep you informed when I hear from her. Thanks again for your thoughts and prayers. I am going through Denise withdrawl and have received comfort from your words.

Deb

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I wrote Sister Denise a letter ^_^ I am sending it off tomorrow morning!

brandelynmarie

I thought she wouldn't be able to read any of our letters till Christmas...although I guess there is no harm in sending them, huh? She could have a stock-pile of them from all of us!!!

I emailed Mother and told her to tell Sr. Denise that OLAM Dad says hi. :)

I don't know whether she'll get the message but she might!

Here's a trick that I learned from observing Sr. Lauren's behavior. If you send a donation to the monestary care of Sr. Denise she should get to write a thank you card and offer up a day of prayers, etc. It will be a short note but at least you'll get to hear from her.

I know this because when brandlynmarie left Sr. Lauren some coffee, Sr. Lauren sent me a card to mail to Brandee because she didn't have her address. I don't know what she wrote but I suspect it was a bit more than just 'Thank you'. :)

I think I'll try this tactic with Sr. Denise and see what happens.

Edited by OLAM Dad