An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station without Sister Denise

OLAM Dad

:cry: I was a wreck today! I can't believe my brother, (who is 12 yrs younger than me) is MARRIED! But, it was a beautiful wedding. I saw them head off to their hotel in the limo. . . I won't be seeing them when I get back as I'll be then off to my 'retreat'. But I'm so happy for them. . .even though I'm still feeling. . .well, it is still so surreal. Thank you for the prayers!

Aw Denise, it's ok, I know it must be so hard for you. I'm praying for you, as we all are, and love you.
God Bless
In Christ,
-uruviel

Someone on Phatmass was talking to me about the letter you sent me, FutureNun, that was returned. I thought it was funny that they didn't even tell me you'd sent it. Although, odd as it was, I was given two other letters from people that weren't related to me. AND I was given OLAM Dad's email. Anyway. .. I re read all your posts. Made me :cry: LOL because it was so nice to read how many were supportive of me. I'm still trying to figure out what to do next in my life. Life was so clear before. . .it's, well, it's not clear now. . .just a lot of prayer and wondering. He's being silent! Can someone tell our Lord that He needs to take his phone off mute! Because I can't hear anything! :lol:

God bless you and keep you.

Denise

Hi Denise-

Though I wasn't on the boards before you left, you are certainly on my prayer list now. I pray for encouragement for you while God writes a new and wonderful chapter in your life journey!

God's Blessings!

Amber

Thank you Amber. Your support means a lot. . .I just want to do God's will, whether it's to be in a religious community as a sister. . .or as a lay 3rd order, while working in the world.
God bless you, and I will pray for you in your own discernment.

Denise

I know what you mean by God being silent to you, usually you seem to be able to read it, read the next chapter in your life yet this page appears blank and empty, and you feel your left with this pen to write it on your own. But God always comes back and takes the pen with you and writes it down. :) ahh anyways, I'm praying for you, have a wonderful retreat, (if you haven't completed it already) God Bless you!!
-Lori

Have you thought about a more eremetic type of monastery? The Carthusians are a bit severe and don't have a female monastery in the states. But the Camaldoli Benedictines are similiar. They all have little houses, bungalos really, and mainly meet for prayer and mass. There are several other congregations like that that are not quite as established yet.

I wrote to the Camoldolese a while ago. . .no response. :) But yea, I thought about a more eremetic life. I am just not all that positive I'm called to be cloistered. In fact, when I was with the PCPA I felt more called to want to be an extern. . .

passionheart

[quote name='HisChild' post='996713' date='Jun 4 2006, 09:27 PM']
I wrote to the Camoldolese a while ago. . .no response. :) But yea, I thought about a more eremetic life. I am just not all that positive I'm called to be cloistered. In fact, when I was with the PCPA I felt more called to want to be an extern. . .
[/quote]

Do they PCPA in Ohio have externs??? Only now am I learning that being an extern is a vocation in itself.

They do have externs there, yes. It would be a little different in ohio than in, say, Alabama where there is a lot more interaction with the public, but yes they do.

I miss your PMs . . .feel free to PM me if you'd like ;)

God bless you. . .Denise

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='HisChild' post='996339' date='Jun 3 2006, 09:19 PM'] Someone on Phatmass was talking to me about the letter you sent me, FutureNun, that was returned. I thought it was funny that they didn't even tell me you'd sent it. Although, odd as it was, I was given two other letters from people that weren't related to me. AND I was given OLAM Dad's email. A[/quote]Well, ain't that interesting... :lol:

I bet the Ohio PC's don't have nearly as much interaction with the public as those in Hanceville, yes the extern life is just as much of a vocation as is the cloistered life, I just learned about it more detailed recently as well. :)

[quote name='HisChild' post='996713' date='Jun 5 2006, 03:27 AM']
[/quote]

How about the consecrated virgins? CouldnĀ“t it be possible that you are called to living consecrated in the world? :)

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='HisChild' post='996713' date='Jun 4 2006, 09:27 PM']
[/quote]

Denise,

There is a....oh what do you call it?...a laura{?} of Hermits by the name of "The Hermits of Bethlehem of The Heart of Jesus in Chester NJ. They are approved b the Bishop I believe and wear a habit. I thought of you when you mentioned the Calmodese. You may have to wait awhile and send off another friendly letter/email to the Calmodese--maybe they overlooked it?