An Old School Catholic Message Board

sad and lost in life

Sixtina87

I vote to close this thread.

I wouldn't like discussing my issues in public, and I certainly wouldn't like others discussing them on a forum that anybody with google can find.

Edited by jgirl

[quote name='Veritas' post='1030808' date='Jul 25 2006, 09:21 PM']
+
1. Everyone being "hard" on Sixtina: We all agree she's got A LOT of growing-up to do, but remember she is still a young girl!

2. Sixtina obviously is not getting good support at home and is additionally struggling with a variety of mental health issues. Yes, we should speak the truth to her, but she needs and deserves our compassion and love -even IF, some of you are ultimately correct about the drama/attention issues.

[/quote]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! IT IS HARD, I HAVE BEEN CRYING ALL DAY!!!! I did eat something today but not much. I had coffee to drink which I am not suppose to have at all only because it makes me sick!! Every day my dad reminds me that I am a screw up and that things in life is always my fault. I am sick of it and I am not going to deal with it anymore.

When I was at CASA Maria, I loved being there so much i didn't want to leave. If worse comes to worse, i will just run away from home again and go to my family in birmingham. At least i know i have family there!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1030820' date='Jul 25 2006, 09:31 PM']
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! IT IS HARD, I HAVE BEEN CRYING ALL DAY!!!! I did eat something today but not much. I had coffee to drink which I am not suppose to have at all only because it makes me sick!! Every day my dad reminds me that I am a screw up and that things in life is always my fault. I am sick of it and I am not going to deal with it anymore.

When I was at CASA Maria, I loved being there so much i didn't want to leave. If worse comes to worse, i will just run away from home again and go to my family in birmingham. At least i know i have family there!!!
[/quote]

+

Sixtina, running-away isn't the answer. What might be helpful is living on your own for a while. Work a good job and rent an inexpensive studio for 6 months or a year. Be in a place where you are working and providing for yourself (and removed from demeaning words) -realize how much you can contribute to your own well-being and how good that will make you feel about yourself! It will also teach you responsibility and self-respect.

It is time to face it that you won't be able to do what YOU want to do -enter a religious order- this year. GOD is shutting doors, but he is opening windows... "smell of elderberries it up" as the saying goes, and get ready to do something REALLY noble -what you don't want to, but what needs to be done! It seems to me that God is really directing you somewhere else at this time and it is only foolish to attempt to ignore him. Instead, embrace this new challenge and be prepared for the awesome growth God will bring out of this suffering and humilty IF you humble yourself and let him!

You have a great future, if you learn from these lessons -stop speaking, start listening!

Blessings and Prayers!

Marieteresa

Nicole, I know that this has been a difficult struggle for you and I know that individuals get over things in their own time. I wanted to let you know that we are here to help you whether it be with a kind word or just listening to one vent. Its okie, I hope and pray that you dont leave PM because there are people who care about you on here. You will be in my prayers hon

In JMJ

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1030820' date='Jul 26 2006, 12:31 PM']

[/quote]

[quote]2. Sixtina obviously is not getting good support at home and is additionally struggling with a variety of mental health issues. Yes, we should speak the truth to her, but she needs and deserves our compassion and love -even IF, some of you are ultimately correct about the drama/attention issues.[/quote]

I have read and re-read this over the last couple of minutes and yes you are right, so Nicole I have an offer for you.

Ok, I am about as far away from you as I can be, but if you want to talk I am here.

I do know only too well how parents can be :(

My contacts are in my profile, and you can use the MSN email to get straight to me, its checked a couple of times a day and I am on MSN and Yahoo IM's also.

As you can see I shoot from the hip, but I also listen well, [i]so people tell me[/i]
I am not one to gloss over things, I will be very straight with you, I'll hold your hand and cry with you and I have been, and I don't go behind people's back. And that is why I am posting this here.

So its up to you, I am happy to hold your hand and see you out the otherside of this, all the way to your entrance if you like......your choice.

In His Light

i have decided i am going to step away for a few days, that way i don't get kicked out and off of phatmass for good