An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Guardian Angel

uruviel

[quote name='shortnun' post='1039147' date='Aug 8 2006, 06:50 AM']
When I was in elementary school (10+ years ago :shock: ), the rumor was to say the Guardian Angel prayer three time before you went to bed, and the first name that came into your head the next day was the name of your guardian angel. I did it at Girl Scout camp and came up with Aloysius-- :blink: (who thinks of names like that?).
[u]
Guardian Angel Prayer:[/u]
Angel of God, my guardian dear, to who God's love commits me here. Ever this day be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, and to guide. Amen.
[/quote]

I'm going to try this :) I didn't know you could know your guadian angels name

MY COMMUNITY, THE SISTER SERVANTS SAY THE GUARDIAN ANGEL PRAYER EVERY DAY, WE HAVE OUR OWN VERSION AND WE ALSO USE THE REGULAR ONE AS WELL. OUR OWN VERSION JUST ADDS SOME WORDS. HOWEVER IT IS STILL A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER!!!

[quote name='uruviel' post='1039421' date='Aug 7 2006, 11:22 PM']
I most certainly think we are allowed to. Mother Angelica said herself it was important to have a name for him.
[/quote]
People have always told me that's it not good to name a guardian angel either. I don't know what mine's name is. I her though. I know she's a female, for some reason. But, if Mother said it's a good thing to name her then, how am I suppose to go about it? Hopefully, I'll be able to hear her tell me tonight as I sleep (as you mentioned to one of the previous posts).

Wow, I'm glad I read this forum now. :cool:

[quote name='GodChild' post='1052641' date='Aug 29 2006, 12:46 AM']
I'm going to try this :) I didn't know you could know your guadian angels name
[/quote]
So Am I.

Thanks.

franciscanheart

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1039143' date='Aug 7 2006, 03:46 PM']
All I know is that my angel loves me and I love my angel :)
[/quote]
ditto. :cool:

well, i think i might have a name but i'm not quite sure. i'm going to pray for a few days and see if my angel confirms it or not. Actually, i have 3 different names (2 female, 1 male). But, like i said, i'm pretty sure my guardian is female. So, anyway.... i'll let ya'll know once she confirms. :saint:

Lawrence. :) My baptized uncle who died after only three months of infancy. In situations like that, the Mass of the Angels is celebrated instead of Christian Burial. We're very lucky to have a saint in the family, and he's my guardian angel.

Edited by brendan1104

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
missionarybelle

A friend told me that when a child is in his mother's womb, her gaurdian angel guards the child as well. Then it's when we're bron that God assigns us an angel. she said that's one of the reasons we have such a special connection with our mothers.

I call my angel Justin.

JamesTheYounger

I think my angel's name is Roberto.
He likes me to pray to him in spanish

Angel de la Guarda, dulce compania, no me desampares ni de noche ni de dia, hasta que me dejes en paz y alegria con todos los santos, Jesus, Jose y Maria.
Si me desampares, que sera de mi!
Angel de la Guarda ruega Dios por mi.