An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

passionheart

Hello,

I would like to introduce our new club "The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic". This group came to life on the feast day of the Transfiguration of our Lord. (August 6) The charter members of this group are brandelynmarie, (Brandee) and marieteresa (Shernel) and I.

The reason why this group was founded was because the charter members have some things in common:

1) We feel called to the Dominican vocation
2) We have debts that must be paid before we can enter. :ohno:

Therefore we have pledge to pray for each other for the resolution of our debt problems. As each of us enters, we will be required to keep praying for the other club members. Which types of prayers said are left up to the individual but both Brandee and myself are praying the Litany of the Dominican Saints asking our "future kin" to help us.

Lately, I have been feeling that we should open the group to others and after discussing it with Brandee, we are opening the group to anyone who is in the same boat as ourselves. No, it doesn't matter as if you don't have a Dominican vocation (OK PP!!! :cool: ) This group is for intercessory prayer for our debts to be resolved so we can enter the communities our Beloved wants us to be in. The only condition is that we keep the different communities in each of our prayers.

For example, if you believe you have a Franciscan vocation then whole group will also ask the intercession of St. Francis for you and in turn you can ask St. Francis to pray for us.

So if you are interested, either email me or Brandee and we will put a list together. To all the religious and sp. directors on phatmass, we accept referrals :D: This is just one way to help pray and support each other into the priesthood, religious life or any community.

God Bless,

DonnaMarie aka passionheart :saint:

Edited by passionheart

Can I like become a lay member of the broke daughters (and sons!)? I can pray for your mission, if nothing else. Maybe I can be a second order broke Dominican...

passionheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1043861' date='Aug 14 2006, 07:48 PM']
Can I like become a lay member of the broke daughters (and sons!)? I can pray for your mission, if nothing else. Maybe I can be a second order broke Dominican...
[/quote]

My dear friend, I believe we can accomodate your membership because I know we will benefit from your prayers!!! :)

As a future Dominican, I would like to join as well- the prayer membership kind, too :)

[quote name='passionheart' post='1043880' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:10 PM']
My dear friend, I believe we can accomodate your membership because I know we will benefit from your prayers!!! :)
[/quote]

DiscerningSoul

As a spiritual little sister who has promissed to pray for vocation to the Lockport Dominicans, I too will like to join your group as a "Spriitual little sister" who will pray for you also. :)

Well the group is growing! Not as intended, probably, but maybe this is God's will! :)

A new foundation started on St. Maximilian Kolbe's feast and on the eve of the Assumption of Our Lady, how exciting!

passionheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1043894' date='Aug 14 2006, 09:01 PM']
Well the group is growing! Not as intended, probably, but maybe this is God's will! :)

A new foundation started on St. Maximilian Kolbe's feast and on the eve of the Assumption of Our Lady, how exciting!
[/quote]

You can't resist getting the Franciscan reference in there, eh Michael. :D:

It is OK because St. Francis is on the Dominican Litany of Saints and well the Dominicans are the Blessed Mother's order. St. Maximilian life has always touched my heart, in his courage, devotion, and of course love.

Exciting to say the least because as much as I wanted to keep this group private, but increasingly, I felt I must speak about in public.

puellapaschalis

Count me in, even though I'm proudly flying the Benny colours over here!

Yesterday I was at Stanbrook for St. Maximilian's feast; it was very beautiful :) (although overshadowed - I'm sure St. Maximilian doesn't mind in the slightest - by the vigil of Our Lady's Assumption which began in the evening)

I'm struggling to get rid of my debts too, although as the situation in with UK debts is somewhat different I have to do more looking up.

Love and prayers,

PP

HI!

Can I become a member...I also have to paid my debts before I enter...eventhough I am not quite sure when my entrance date will be...But I will keep praying for all you...and ask for prayers as well

Saint Teresa of Avila...Pray For Us

franciscanheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1043861' date='Aug 14 2006, 06:48 PM']
[/quote]
What he said... :saint:

[quote name='passionheart' post='1043898' date='Aug 14 2006, 08:11 PM']
You can't resist getting the Franciscan reference in there, eh Michael. :D:
[/quote]
That wasn't my intent but since you mention it I might as well acknowledge it. :) In fact, I made reference to two Franciscans, Our Lady AND St. Max. :P:

Who says Our Lady's a Franciscan? <_<

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1044064' date='Aug 15 2006, 12:10 PM']
That wasn't my intent but since you mention it I might as well acknowledge it. :) In fact, I made reference to two Franciscans, Our Lady AND St. Max. :P:
[/quote]

brandelynmarie

This is really neat! I'll pop on here as often as I can to see who else has joined up & keep in my prayers for this specific intention of overcoming debts....Third Order Broke Dominicans... :D: ...We need all the help we can get!

Oh, I thought our Blessed Mother was a Dominican! :lol_roll:

Blessed & Happy Feast of the Assumption everyone!

Edited by brandelynmarie

passionheart

Boy, looks like we are going to be storming Heaven. I love this community in action.

So PP, I am adding St. Benedict to my Litany any other Benedictine saint you would like me to invoke on your benefit?

My friend FutureINMNJ, I will include St. Teresa de Jesus, do you have any other in mind as well.

So I figure this group will have a twofold purpose in the end. First we will be debt free and all will be able to enter religious life. and secondly, with all this praying we may end up becoming saints ourselves :cloud9:

Think about it, wouldn't you like to be at the party in Heaven today celebrating our Beautiful Blessed Mother's Assumption. What also thrills me about this feast day is that it is a feast day celebrated by the Byzantine rites as the Feast of the Dormintion. So as church we are celebration TOGETHER!!! May we all be one.

May all be blessed on this beautiful Solemnity of the Assumption of our Beautiful Blessed Mother!!!