An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

passionheart

We seemed to have picked up some outside members and they following saints have been added for their intercession:

St. Rita
St. Bernard: My friend the Trappist priest is praying for us
St. Anthony (of Padua)

Cheers,

DM

Please count me in too.

Also the foundress of the Tyburn Order(Mother Mary of St Peter :love: ), is really good for money based matters, and her case for canonisation has been introduced in Rome at the moment. So, could we please add her to the prayer list also.

Lord, glorify your servant,
Mother Mary of St Peter
that your Servant
may glorify YOU!

In His Light aka Belinda

passionheart

[quote name='In His Light' post='1049926' date='Aug 24 2006, 08:16 PM']
Please count me in too.

Also the foundress of the Tyburn Order(Mother Mary of St Peter :love: ), is really good for money based matters, and her case for canonisation has been introduced in Rome at the moment. So, could we please add her to the prayer list also.

Lord, glorify your servant,
Mother Mary of St Peter
that your Servant
may glorify YOU!

In His Light aka Belinda
[/quote]

Belinda you are most welcomed into our little family.

As well Mother Mary of St. Peter, remember us before the throne of grace!!!

passionheart

On the suggestion of Sr. Mary Catherine, OP we have the addition of two more saints:

1) St. Pio ie Padre Pio. (Also another friend for the Franciscan Vocations)

2) Blessed Br. Andre Bessette, Holy Cross Brother.

Now Sister's second suggestion, Br.Andre is very interesting to me for the following reasons.

First, he is a Canadian so it will be nice to appeal to a fellow countryman. Secondly, I am consecrated to St. Joseph and the main place of pilgrimage for me when I want to honour "Papa" is St. Joseph Oratory in Montreal. Br. Andre loved St. Joseph and through his work and prayers St. Joseph Oratory came into being. Here is the website link

[url="http://www.saint-joseph.org/"]http://www.saint-joseph.org/[/url]

As well, Bl. Br. Andre taught me a thing or two about service. When the sisters at the Monastery in Buffalo said I would be an extern sister with them, I wasn't too happy about it. Why? I thought that the only reason why the sisters mentioned it to me was because they thought I couldn't handle the cloister. So when I was there for my aspirancy, I wanted to prove to them that I could handle the cloister. :cool:

Later, I started to think about all the saints who were porters or who had simple duties that gave them contact with the public. It was this life of service that helped them lead a life that burned with God's love and light. Afterwards, I realized I was very wrong to consider the life of an extern sister to be "less of a vocation" and when I went to St. Joseph Oratory to celebrate St. Joseph's feast day, I paid visit to Bl. Br. Andre's tomb. I asked for his help to live this call with love and humility as he lived his call as a porter for the Holy Cross brother.

I felt confirmed in being called to be an extern when Sr. Mary Catherine in a separate email to me described it as a vocation. I didn't think of it as a vocation but only as just another job in the Monastery that needed to be done. Now, I am excited to live this call :D: and like Bl. Br. Andre be an instrument of God's grace. I may not accomplish anything as grand such as the St. Joseph's Oratory but maybe I can be the instrument that God's uses to tell someone that He loves them. :)

Edited by passionheart

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='passionheart' post='1051018' date='Aug 26 2006, 03:44 PM']
On the suggestion of Sr. Mary Catherine, OP we have the addition of two more saints:

1) St. Pio ie Padre Pio. (Also another friend for the Franciscan Vocations)

2) Blessed Br. Andre Bessette, Holy Cross Brother.

Now Sister's second suggestion, Br.Andre is very interesting to me for the following reasons.

First, he is a Canadian so it will be nice to appeal to a fellow countryman. Secondly, I am consecrated to St. Joseph and the main place of pilgrimage for me when I want to honour "Papa" is St. Joseph Oratory in Montreal. Br. Andre loved St. Joseph and through his work and prayers St. Joseph Oratory came into being. Here is the website link

[url="http://www.saint-joseph.org/"]http://www.saint-joseph.org/[/url]

As well, Bl. Br. Andre taught me a thing or two about service. When the sisters at the Monastery in Buffalo said I would be an extern sister with them, I wasn't too happy about it. Why? I thought that the only reason why the sisters mentioned it to me was because they thought I couldn't handle the cloister. So when I was there for my aspirancy, I wanted to prove to them that I could handle the cloister.

Later, I started to think about all the saints who were porters or who had simple duties that gave them contact with the public. It was this life of service that helped them lead a life that burned with God's love and light. Afterwards, I realized I was very wrong to consider the life of an extern sister to be "less of a vocation" and when I went to St. Joseph Oratory to celebrate St. Joseph's feast day, I paid visit to Bl. Br. Andre's tomb.
I asked for his help to live this call with love and humilty as he lived his call as a porter for the Holy Cross brother.

I felt confirmed in being called to be an extern when Sr. Mary Catherine in a separate email to me described it as a vocation. I didn't think of it as a vocation just another job.
So I am excited to live this call and like Bl. Br. Andre be an instrument of God's grace. I may not accomplish anything as grand such as the St. Joseph's Oratory but maybe I can be the instrument that God's uses to tell someone that He loves them. :)
[/quote]

Being an extern IS a beautiful vocation within a vocation. It is being Martha-Mary, it is being one of the Holy Women who served Jesus, it is being Mary who says, "Do whatever He tells you!"
My first year in the monastery I had a real pull toward the extern vocation because of my childhood memories of Poor Clare externs who embodied the love of Jesus in a concrete way. Our community doesn't have externs and at this point not intending to because we have such a good network of volunteers. However, as one of the very few sisters who does drive and so is the one who does do necessary business outside (such as going to the airport!) I value the extern vocation even more and am thrilled that you will be serving the monastery in that way. In monastic life, in the end, each sister serves the monastery according to how the prioress asks and through her Christ.
You're right! there are many saints who have served in this vocation. Think of St. Martin de Porres, too! He's our big brother much loved by us all!

God bless you!
Sr. Mary Catharine

brandelynmarie
:D: Beautiful! I always think of Venerable Solanus Casey...he was a porter too & was a simplex priest....he could not hear confessions or preach homilies...& so he did al ot of the work of the brothers...I love him....:love:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='passionheart' post='1051018' date='Aug 26 2006, 09:44 PM']

Later, I started to think about all the saints who were porters or who had simple duties that gave them contact with the public. It was this life of service that helped them lead a life that burned with God's love and light. Afterwards, I realized I was very wrong to consider the life of an extern sister to be "less of a vocation" and when I went to St. Joseph Oratory to celebrate St. Joseph's feast day, I paid visit to Bl. Br. Andre's tomb. I asked for his help to live this call with love and humility as he lived his call as a porter for the Holy Cross brother.

I felt confirmed in being called to be an extern when Sr. Mary Catherine in a separate email to me described it as a vocation. I didn't think of it as a vocation but only as just another job in the Monastery that needed to be done. Now, I am excited to live this call :D: and like Bl. Br. Andre be an instrument of God's grace. I may not accomplish anything as grand such as the St. Joseph's Oratory but maybe I can be the instrument that God's uses to tell someone that He loves them. :)
[/quote]

When I was in Stanbrook this summer, the guest sister, Sr. Julian, told me about how externs used to be considered slightly inferior - and how that is "completely rubbish, naturally". And a Carmelite nun I used to talk a lot with once joked that you recognise a good cloistered nun by her wish to become extern and a good extern by the opposite!

I think it basically all comes down to that the best place you can be is the place you're supposed to be. It's nice to see you're so well on your way to finding that place.

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1047425' date='Aug 21 2006, 02:41 PM']
Allo! I will continue to update my litany...any person posting on this thread will be included in my prayers...I will be petitioning all the saints mentioned too... :saint: :saint: :saint: Heaven help us! :blush:

Oh, & Rose_of_Sharon...Which community will you be entering? If you don't want to share that info, that's ok... :blush:
[/quote]

She mentioned in another post that she's hoping to enter the PCPA in AZ.

passionheart

Wow, such wonderful responses.

You are all right, I am to live the vocation that I am called to live because that will lead me down the road I want to walk. The narrow path that leads to life and hopeful reform and transform me into a saint!!!

I have to let go of the weakness in myself that feels if I am given something different from everyone else then it must be less. May God heal me in this lingering woundedness from the past.

Also, I am adding one saint to the Litany: St. Clare of Assisi

Hello Fellow members of the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic! You guys were in my prayers and I left our intentions with the sisters. Let us storm heaven with our prayers!