An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

Yep -- pray for my continued discernment, for my trip to Argentina, and for the retreat that I believe I will be playing at the weekend before the trip to Argentina (my spiritual director has asked me not only to play but to completely submerge myself in the retreat).

Now this past weekend I played at another retreat (except I was somewhat resistant and didn't want to enter into the retreat ... God ***STILL*** had His way and spoke quite loudly so that I'd listen :blush: )

Well, the miracles of miracles occurred. I did offer an intention for those discerning in PhatMass (including the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic). Me and names don't mix well so I couldn't remember the name but the Lord knew I was thinking of all those who have debts.

Those intentions were held up in prayer during both masses.

Next time I make it over to the Adoration Chapel I will light a votive (large) candle for those on this list.

Hey All,

I just wanted to let you all know that I just got back from Saint John the Evangelist church and I lit a candle for everyone intentions in the group.

"Listen, Lord for Thy servant speaks,"
but "Speak, Lord, for Thy servant heareth."

brandelynmarie

Thanks to all who have been/will be offering up prayers/petitions/Masses for all of us!

'In truth I tell you, if your faith is the size of a mustard seed you will say to this mountain, "Move from here to there," & it will move; nothing will be impossible for you.' St. Matthew 17: 20-21 (New Jerusalem)

The Lord is near. Never worry about anything; but tell God all your desires of every kind in prayer & petition shot through with gratitude, & the peace of God which is beyond our understanding will guard your hearts & thoughts in Jesus Christ.
Philippians 4: 6-7 (New Jerusalem)

And He said unto them,"This kind can come forth by nothing but prayer & fasting."
(21st Century KJV)

DeoOptimoMaximo

My Dear Sisters in Christ,

Please keep me in your prayers! I am a seminarian at the Pontifical College Josephinum with the Glenmary Home Missioners of America.

Unfortunately, I too qualify for being "BROKE" and in major debt from previous Air Force and college scholarships. :(

In addition, Glenmary cannot afford to pay for my seminary expenses and my checking account will be $0 quite soon. :idontknow:

I trust the Lord will provide, but..... without $, :sadder:

You are all in my thoughts and prayers ! (It so inspiring to be surrounded by future Phatmass saints :saint: :D: !!!!)

In His Service,
Shawn

Sancte Ioseph, ora pro nobis!

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1065767' date='Sep 18 2006, 04:12 AM']
Yep -- pray for my continued discernment, for my trip to Argentina, and for the retreat that I believe I will be playing at the weekend before the trip to Argentina (my spiritual director has asked me not only to play but to completely submerge myself in the retreat).

Now this past weekend I played at another retreat (except I was somewhat resistant and didn't want to enter into the retreat ... God ***STILL*** had His way and spoke quite loudly so that I'd listen :blush: )

Well, the miracles of miracles occurred. I did offer an intention for those discerning in PhatMass (including the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic). Me and names don't mix well so I couldn't remember the name but the Lord knew I was thinking of all those who have debts.

Those intentions were held up in prayer during both masses.

Next time I make it over to the Adoration Chapel I will light a votive (large) candle for those on this list.
[/quote]

Thanks Carmen for your prayers. I know we were blessed by them!!

My friends I believe we will see miracles happening to many of us on this list. Just ask Verita's friend Jill. I bet she is definately doing some dancing tonight!!

I know after the summer I had, I was discouraged. I hoped to finish work on the feast of St. Clare but it didn't happen. I was very depressed about troubles of work, the support falling off, my father being very ill. I felt a little abandoned to say the least.

One day as I was walking to work Our Loving Lord showed me that I was so focussed on wanting to enter that slowly my priorities was changing from entering because I felt God calling me to be with Him to I had to get out of mess at work!! My prayer life and my time spent with the Lord was non existant. So I started to spend more time with the Lord and I realized this small change has made all the difference.

My Beloved had to be my one true desire again and I needed to go through this trial of summer to refocus on Him. So now, I feel revived in my faith and my desire in the Lord and my Hope that my debts will be resolved.

I love praying the litany of the Dominicans and all our saint brother and sisters for our intentions because I believe that God will help us. Not in the ways that we understand but He will act. I love being in the Vocation Station because it is exciting to see everyone's passionate love and desire to serve the Lord.

I am 44 (turned 44 in July. Yes, summer was fun) and my vocation walk for most of my life has been lonely. However, when I come here I feel encouraged and I don't feel lonely anymore. So believe me it is a real joy to offer these prayers for you my friends, my brothers and sisters on the road with me.

It is the little I can do but I try to offer all with love!!!

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='1066367' date='Sep 18 2006, 11:11 PM']
My Dear Sisters in Christ,

Please keep me in your prayers! I am a seminarian at the Pontifical College Josephinum with the Glenmary Home Missioners of America.

Unfortunately, I too qualify for being "BROKE" and in major debt from previous Air Force and college scholarships. :(

In addition, Glenmary cannot afford to pay for my seminary expenses and my checking account will be $0 quite soon. :idontknow:

I trust the Lord will provide, but..... without $, :sadder:

You are all in my thoughts and prayers ! (It so inspiring to be surrounded by future Phatmass saints :saint: :D: !!!!)

In His Service,
Shawn

Sancte Ioseph, ora pro nobis!
[/quote]

Welcome Shawn,

I believe you are our first Broke "Son" in the club.

Now I gather from your post that your need is immediate as well I see you have ask St. Joseph to pray for us.

On September 30, I will be making a pilgrimage to St. Joseph's Oratory in Montreal. I will offer your intentions specifically to St. Joseph while I pray the Stations of the Cross, attend Mass and light candles in the Vovite Chapel. As well praying at Bl. Br. Andre tomb for our intentions.

Hopefully, I can have a mass offered at the Oratory for the intentions of our group. I hope I can pull off asking for a Mass for the Broke Daughters/Sons of St. Dominic in either English or French :topsy: Regardless, I think I will get a very peculiar look.

Also, since I am now praying to St. Joseph for an intention for some friends, I will include yours as well.

Peace dear brother.

brandelynmarie

[u]Members Needing Prayers To Eliminate Debts[/u]

passionheart
Marieteresa
puella paschalis
Future IHMNJ
Venite Adoremus
cmariadiaz
In His Light
brandelynmarie
Veritas
trfr415
DeoOptimoMaximo

[u]Auxiliaries[/u]

OLAM Dad
DiscerningSoul
hugheyforlife
phatdaddy
Fr. Stephen of Genesee Abbey of Pifford, NY
shortnun
zunshynn
Rose-of-Sharon
TheresaMF
Beatrice off-line
Mary off-line
Bryan off-line
Sister Mary Catharine OP of Our Lady of the Rosary Monastery, Summit,NJ
Joni off-line
brendan1104
Kari
dee_lt4life

[u]Saints Interceding For All Of Us![/u]

All Dominican Saints & Blesseds in the Litany (see shortnun's earlier post!)
Infant Jesus of Prague
Our Lady of Good Remedy
St. Joseph
Mother Mary of St. Peter
St. Padre Pio
St. Francis
St. Clare
St. Maximilian
St. Benedict
St. Teresa of Avila
St. Therese
St. Rita
St. Bernard
St. Anthony of Padua
Blessed Brother Andre Bessette
St. Jude
St. Bartholomew
Venerable Solanus Casey
St. Philomena
St. Gemma Galgani
Blessed Mother Teresa
John Paul II
St. Alphonsus de Ligori
St. John Vianney
Blessed Jeanne Jugan
St. Cyril of Jerusalem
St. Patrick

:sign: :sign: :sign:

This is the most recent member list...welcome to this prayer club! Only good can come out of it! (& once again, if I have misplaced your name, please correct me! :blush: )

DonnaMarie, is there a way to change our title to the Daughters & Sons? Just wonderin'...

Edited by brandelynmarie

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1068394' date='Sep 20 2006, 08:19 PM']
[u]Members Needing Prayers To Eliminate Debts[/u]

:sign: :sign: :sign:
This is the most recent member list...welcome to this prayer club! Only good can come out of it! (& once again, if I have misplaced your name, please correct me! :blush: )

DonnaMarie, is there a way to change our title to the Daughters & Sons? Just wonderin'...
[/quote]

Now I haven't found a way to change the thread name. If someone knows how, go right ahead. However, in my prayers and hence forth in any prayer correspondence, I am using the title the The Broke Daughters and & Sons of St. Dominic.

I haven't been so broke but ... there is a situation that has come up at work, and I'm going to ask for prayer.

Right now all signs say that by next spring I may know where I'm going or be on my way ... but in the meanwhile of course I need to be able to live and pay off what I do owe.

Pray that a wonderful miracle happens (I can't specify more details because this is a public forum). Just pray for His will and for peace in my heart, whatever may happen.

-- Carmen