The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

[quote name='passionheart' post='1098037' date='Oct 21 2006, 10:51 PM']
All I can say is AMEN to that :D:
[/quote]

I love it! Isn't God good!

-- Carmen

brandelynmarie

I actually continued the story on the Visiting the Summit Dominican Nuns thread-posty thingy...DonnaMarie did such a good job explaining what happened to me that I didn't want to be redundant! But, you'll read about the result of my visit... :blush:

Edited by brandelynmarie

Hi,

I wanted to post this short note before I go off to Mass and work. Today, when I get home from work, I will begina novena to St. Martin de Porres for all the intentions of the Broke Daughters and Son of St. Dominic. Not mention for Brandee and Lee Nora for their discernment.

If you have any intentions you woulld like to me to include, just post them. I don't get home before 7:00pm so you have plenty time.

Blessings on the day!!

[quote name='passionheart' post='1100675' date='Oct 25 2006, 05:44 AM']
Hi,

I wanted to post this short note before I go off to Mass and work. Today, when I get home from work, I will begina novena to St. Martin de Porres for all the intentions of the Broke Daughters and Son of St. Dominic. Not mention for Brandee and Lee Nora for their discernment.

If you have any intentions you woulld like to me to include, just post them. I don't get home before 7:00pm so you have plenty time.

Blessings on the day!!
[/quote]

I have asked the VD for formally for entrance into the Postulate if you could please pray that if GOd WIlls it everything will fall in place etc LOANS, FAMILLY etc thank you so much for my prayers...and please know that I light a candle infront of our Blessed mother everything I step foot at St. John chapel and believe me that is ALOT these days...

THank you

[quote name='passionheart' post='1100675' date='Oct 25 2006, 07:44 AM']
Hi,

Blessings on the day!!
[/quote]

I'm a little late -- but include me as well for my upcoming trip (and for all the financial bru-ha-ha to come together ... my sister's finances is becoming an issue which involves me of course).

Thanks! BTW -- sometime last week I think I finally lit the candle for all of the Broke Daughter's intentions. Its a bit of a blur so I can't quote an exact date. But I did light two candles, and one was for the Broke Daughters.

-- Carmen

[quote name='cmariadiaz' post='1101255' date='Oct 25 2006, 11:37 PM']
I'm a little late -- but include me as well for my upcoming trip (and for all the financial bru-ha-ha to come together ... my sister's finances is becoming an issue which involves me of course).

Thanks! BTW -- sometime last week I think I finally lit the candle for all of the Broke Daughter's intentions. Its a bit of a blur so I can't quote an exact date. But I did light two candles, and one was for the Broke Daughters.

-- Carmen
[/quote]

Not to worry Carmen, I will be praying for your intentions tonight. I think it is kinda cool that I am praying a novena to St. Martin de Porres for you. After all, he did live in South America as well. So because my Spanish is non-existant, maybe you can ask an intention in Spanish to this Beloved saint. :cool:

I am excited that the time is drawing near for your departure. Don't worry my friend, all will be well. I know you have your heart opened to God and so you seek His will not your own. Regardless of the outcome, I believe you and this time spent with the congregation will be blessed. :saint:

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1105535' date='Oct 31 2006, 01:37 AM']
So just wondering how everyone is doing?
[/quote]

If you were wondering about me... I've just asked some general info from the Nashville Dominicans.

:shock:

I still don't know how I pressed "send" on that e-mail.

Scariness!

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1105561' date='Oct 30 2006, 07:06 PM']
If you were wondering about me... I've just asked some general info from the Nashville Dominicans.

:shock:

I still don't know how I pressed "send" on that e-mail.

Scariness!
[/quote]
:shock: :clap: Maybe we'll bump into each other on a retreat there one day!!! You'll love the info Sr. Mary Emily sends- lots and lots of previous newsletters. They're very nice.

[quote name='FutureIHMNJ' post='1105535' date='Oct 30 2006, 07:37 PM']
So just wondering how everyone is doing?
[/quote]

Not too much. I am racing towards the finish line. In a week, I will need about 1900 to go. So all I can do is Praise God and keep on praying.

Never thought that being part of Mendicant order meant I would actually have to do some REAL begging! :D:

Just plodding along.
Almost have half the money I need, but still have some clothes to buy for the trip and some details to work out with them.

Guessing I'll get there somewhere from March-May '07. Depending on their rules about visiting in Lent. :idontknow:

So that is about it here.

Belinda

Hi everyone,

Please be assured of my prayers as I am on retreat with the Sister's this weekend. Also please keep me in my prayers because on the 24th of October I asked the VD that I wanted to formally apply for entrance this fall, 2007. I am hoping that I hear from her this weekend. I will deff keep everyone updated.

God Bless
Your Sis in Christ,
Lee Nora

[img]http://www.saintpatrickdc.org/ss/1103porr.jpg[/img]

[i][b]On the feast of Sr. Martin de Porres:[/b][/i]

To you Saint Martin de Porres we prayerfully lift up our hearts filled with serene confidence and devotion. Mindful of your unbounded and helpful charity to all levels of society and also of your meekness and humility of heart, we offer our petitions to you. Pour out upon our families the precious gifts of your solicitous and generous intercession; show to the people of every race and every color the paths of unity and of justice; implore from our Father in heaven the coming of his kingdom, so that through mutual benevolence in God men may increase the fruits of grace and merit the rewards of eternal life. Amen. [b][url="http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/pray0370.htm"]SOURCE[/url]
[/b]

[b][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_de_Porres"]Wikipedia Link[/url][/b]

[b][url="http://www.saintpatrickdc.org/ss/1103.htm#mart"]Biography on Martin de Porres[/url][/b]

[b][url="http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/SaintOfDay/default.asp?id=1188"]Send a St. Martin e-card.[/url][/b]

Edited by shortnun