An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

Hi all -- keep me in your prayers as I prepare to enter postulancy with the community in Argentina (my next post in my countdown thread will give details about the community).

There is a goal date ... will announce it once I figure out when to talk to work. But I need the prayers because of the debts that need to be dealt with. I think I can meet the date that was agreed upon.

Note that my entrance is only dependent on the debt ... as soon as I have everything in order I can enter; but we set a goal month based on my guestimates (and it gives me a chance to get plane tickets).

-- Carmen

DeoOptimoMaximo

Dear Sisters,

Please keep me in ur prayers.... my meeting with financial aid here at the seminary was not as good as I'd like.... they're still anticipating me taking out more loans (as my order and I can't afford my seminary education) on top of my previous $46,000 debt from past Air Force training and educational expenses.

I've written to the K of C and Serra Club, parish, etc... Just hoping miracles will happen!

Ya'll are in my prayers, and I have been lighting candles in from of a statue of St. Therese, in our college chapel here at the Pontifical College Josephinum.

In His Service,
Shawn

brandelynmarie

Always prayers here...Carmen, are we having playing phonetag or what? :lol_roll: :mobile: :mobile: Shawn...any more news yet? :sign:

Edited by brandelynmarie

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Fellow Discerners, I would Greatly Appreciate your Prayers and any Advice/Help on paying off my Student Loans. I Have just been accepted to the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters (What a wonderful Christmas Gift, Deo Gratias!) but like many of you, I still have student loans to pay, I have been praying to St. Joseph following the good example of my communities founder St. Arnold, and my dear friend St. Josephs prayers have been helping immensely, I"ve already made close to $1000.00 in the past month from some small donations from parishiners, and by selling many of my books and household items on Ebay, but I still have a ways to go, so any advice and prayers is greatly appreciated and please be assurred of my continued prayers for all of you!

Love and Prayers,
TeresaAvila -A Broke little Pink Sister to Be! :)

franciscanheart

I don't know how open your priest is to fundraising but it might be worth it to gather a small group of friends and family to have a bake sale after Masses one weekend. When we've had bake sales here (for a number of reasons -- WYD, general youth group funds, etc), we've always done really well. People love sweets.. and they also like to help those in need of assistance. As long as it's a good cause, people are willing. And it could be a great way to educate about vocations! :D:

Oh.. I also wanted to suggest petitioning your local Knight of Columbus council and checking into contacting the Serra Club in your area. ^_^

As many of you probably already know....I am entering School Sisters of Christ the King in August....but I too....have student loans to pay off....so any prayers my way would be great too! It's been nothing but finanical stress...I had to leave in August this past summer b/c of my student loans....so once these things get paid off and etc....I think I will feel much better. My prayers are with you all of you too.

God Bless,

Ali

brandelynmarie
:sign:'s Teresa! I'm thinking of 2 things right now...whenI get time, I need to update our prayer list on this thread...& maybe I need to learn how to sell stuff on e-bay! :lol:

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1149821' date='Dec 26 2006, 11:27 AM']
As many of you probably already know....I am entering School Sisters of Christ the King in August....but I too....have student loans to pay off....so any prayers my way would be great too! It's been nothing but finanical stress...I had to leave in August this past summer b/c of my student loans....so once these things get paid off and etc....I think I will feel much better. My prayers are with you all of you too.

God Bless,

Ali
[/quote]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, hat a wonderful thing everyone 'broke' praying and supporting everyone esle "broke' , be very assured of my remberances in prayer ,as i am on this sabbatical, for all those named here. It does make one realize that if one has an incling of future Religious Life/vocation, trying to stay out of any debt over the years as much as possible is prudent.
If God truly wants it, it will happen.
i know of men who had huge! debts, wanting to become monks, never could pay them off, and never became..i also have a friend who enterd an Eremetic Lavra of Sisters, and they were so convinced of Gods immediate call upon her, they payed off all her loans through benefactors...and on a hopefully encouraging note, 10 years ago when i was called to enter Religious Life ( which i did, in France, but no longer there..long story:) ), i had a little $13,000 student loan still left.
Not having much involvement in parish life , my late in life conversion coming through a Community, not desiring to return to 'society' to continue paying it off, i was given [url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p03300.htm"]These 2 Novenas[/url] [url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novenas/p00038.htm"]and THIS[/url], as where i was, had a great devotion, and statues of The Divine Infant.( as a former Evang. Protestant, this was my FIRST novena!)
eaxctly on the 10th day,morning, believing in miracles, and yielding to His holy will, a woman came up , asking what i was doing with life , thinking i was called to Priesthood.
I said great, i wanted to enter Religious Life, but i had debts i was praying about, then and there, she offered to pay off ALL my debts/moneys. wich was done the next week!. Then i was truly free..all Glory to God, for His fatherly love for us, and the trust in our Lord, only that WE may beg Him , "Lord give me the heart of a little child, and the awesome courage to live it out."!

that women i mentioned is now a missionary herself in the Yukon...so patience and courage,
By His mercy, Emile-James.
sorry for long post.

[url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novena.htm"]http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novena.htm[/url]
[img]http://www.rc-churches-bestwood-bulwell.org.uk/images/infant.JPG[/img]

passionheart

[quote name='Emile James' post='1153060' date='Dec 31 2006, 06:24 PM']
----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Lord give me the heart of a little child, and the awesome courage to live it out."!

that women i mentioned is now a missionary herself in the Yukon...so patience and courage,
By His mercy, Emile-James.
sorry for long post.

[url="http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novena.htm"]http://www.catholicdoors.com/prayers/novena.htm[/url]
[img]http://www.rc-churches-bestwood-bulwell.org.uk/images/infant.JPG[/img]
[/quote]

Thanks for your post. Since you are a fellow Canadian, I find it interesting that you used the above quote and spoke about the novena to Infant Jesus at Prague. Catherine de Hueck Doherty, foundress of Madonna House, use to pray this prayer all the time. The members of Madonna House here in Ottawa told me that they put my debt problem under the statute of Infant of Prague because when Catherine needed money for the Apostolate she went to the Divine Infant of Prague.

I believe God will care for us but as I have learned in my own life God's timing is VERY different from our own. I know I had to wait to enter and now I will be entering in January. All of you, know how bad my debt situation was.

I am looking forward to praying for you all when I enter the monastery. I was approached by someone in our parish if we could pray for two young women in the same situation. I hope this thread continue after I enter because I think this is a REAL apostolate as well.

P.S. Hey Sec. Brandee I will give the names of these young women as soon as I find the note!!

Edited by passionheart

passionheart

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1153108' date='Dec 31 2006, 08:30 PM']
when are you entering the monastery passionheart?
[/quote]

Well, I will be starting my countdown thread tomorrow but the I will entering January 16. If there is a snowstorm, then January 17 :D:

[quote name='passionheart' post='1153106' date='Dec 31 2006, 05:28 PM']
Thanks for your post. Since you are a fellow Canadian, I find it interesting that you used the above quote and spoke about the novena to Infant Jesus at Prague. Catherine de Hueck Doherty, foundress of Madonna House, use to pray this prayer all the time. The members of Madonna House here in Ottawa told me that they put my debt problem under the statute of Infant of Prague because when Catherine needed money for the Apostolate she went to the Divine Infant of Prague.

I believe God will care for us but as I have learned in my own life God's timing is VERY different from our own. I know I had to wait to enter and now I will be entering in January. All of you, know how bad my debt situation was.

I am looking forward to praying for you all when I enter the monastery. I was approached by someone in our parish if we could pray for two young women in the same situation. I hope this thread continue after I enter because I think this is a REAL apostolate as well.

P.S. Hey Sec. Brandee I will give the names of these young women as soon as I find the note!!
[/quote]

well, it was at Madonna House, Combermere, about 12 years ago? that all this debt relief :P happened to me..and my Spiritual Director is a Madonna house priest.
small catholic world.
By His mercy, Emile-James
PS..no snow out west!:P

passionheart

[quote name='Emile James' post='1153188' date='Dec 31 2006, 10:54 PM']
well, it was at Madonna House, Combermere, about 12 years ago? that all this debt relief :P happened to me..and my Spiritual Director is a Madonna house priest.
small catholic world.
By His mercy, Emile-James
PS..no snow out west!:P
[/quote]

Small Catholic World and boy do I love it :) Madonna House has been great blessing in my life especially in regards to my vocation walk. I spent many afternoon sitting on the couch pouring out my heart as well as shedding many tears. Time in the Pousitina was a gift :saint:

Hey Brandee,

When you return online, I have two more member names. Monique and Erin. They are from Ottawa and they are in the same boat as the rest of us. Vocations but debts. I have been asked to pray and I am asking for the prayers of the group.

Remember everyone, I am entering so don't lose hope. I believe we will enter in God's time. I thought my situation was HOPELESS!!! Martha, member of Madonna House and Mother Gemma, OP believed that God would provide. In truth, I didn't believe anyone would help. However, God showed me He is Lord over the everything. Nothing is hopeless in Him.

So let us keep praying for each other and someone please write me in the monastery when the other members enter!!!!