An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Broke Daughters of St. Dominic

passionheart

Shawn,

((HUGS)) I'm so sorry this has happened, I commend you for your strength and perseverance in embracing this cross and staying close to our dear lord and know that I am praying for you and this situation that your vocation director will be able to help you, May God Continue to Bless you!!

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1044064' date='Aug 15 2006, 12:10 PM']
That wasn't my intent but since you mention it I might as well acknowledge it. :) In fact, I made reference to two Franciscans, Our Lady AND St. Max. :P:
[/quote]

I never read through this thread but I just saw my Dad's posts and we are totally on the same page :blush: :lol_roll:

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='1169542' date='Jan 18 2007, 08:12 PM']
Dear sisters,

Had more financial meetings/ phone conferences today... Met with the seminary Vice Rector and also Treasurer today, but the meetings didn't go too well... :weep:

I had been expecting tuition funding that I wouldn't have to pay back due to past conversations with the leadership here. Amazingly, in our meeting the Treasurer denied having past phone conversations with me about the $ topic and even told falsehoods to the Vice-Rector about my efforts in resolving this matter.
:sadder: :weep: I am in shock! :shock: They are both good people, and can't understand why there was no compassion for me on their part, :( but I do understand some of where they are coming from, as I discovered the seminary itself is having some financial problems of its own. I am striving to embrace this cross with welcome arms in obedience to our Beloved's will, and yet my heart is full of sadness... :ohno:

Regardless, My vocation director will be meeting with Glenmary's treasurer to try to work this out... my feeling is that they might tell me to take out the loans, :unsure: and if God willing, I am ordained as a Glenmary missionary, they will pay it off. I just wish some dear soul would step forward and aid me in my distress, but I trust in Our Dear Lord's plan...

That's all the info I know right now, but on a side note, is anyone going to the March for Life in Washington DC? Most of us seminarians will be going! It would be cool to meet up with fellow discerners and phatmassers!

Please keep me in your prayers, and know that you are definitely in mine! :saint:

God Bless!
~Shawn
[/quote]
Shawn,

Our Lord a reason for all of this. We'll be praying for you!

Lauren

Well folks it been a while and Iam still praying for Gods will to be done in my life. I will keep all the broke daughters in my prayers and also pray for Gods will to be done in my life.

[quote name='Marieteresa' post='1173334' date='Jan 22 2007, 05:56 PM']
Well folks it been a while and Iam still praying for Gods will to be done in my life. I will keep all the broke daughters in my prayers and also pray for Gods will to be done in my life.
[/quote]

Welcome back, Marieteresa! Hope to see you posting more again!

Here I go again ....

It had looked like the financial situation was going to be in order for my entrance in Spring 2007 ... however now there is a family emergency going on (my mom is very ill).

Long story short -- not only will this affect my entrance date; this throws a big, major kink into the finances.

:ohno: :sadder: :weep:

-- Carmen

Carmen,

((HUGS)) am so sorry to hear about your mother being Ill and this financial setback, please know that I will be praying for you, your mom and all your loved ones!!

God Bless You!

God has provided me with some ways to pay off my debt...some donations coming in!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a gooooood start!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Praying for you all....

Deo Gratias!!!!! THat is so wonderful, am so happy for you and will continue to pray for you!

God Bless You!

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1176668' date='Jan 26 2007, 10:10 AM']
God has provided me with some ways to pay off my debt...some donations coming in!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a gooooood start!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Praying for you all....
[/quote]

she_who_is_not

[quote name='SisterAli' post='1176668' date='Jan 26 2007, 11:10 AM']
Praying for you all....
[/quote]
Thanks be to God!!! I am so happy for you and will continue to pray for you. the world needs holy teaching sisters.

DeoOptimoMaximo

Dear Sisters,

I have received bad/good news on the financial debt and loan matter...... the bad news is that I have to take out the $14,000+ loans in order to pay this year's seminary tuition, etc..., but the good news is that my community, the Glenmary Home Missioners has told me that once I enter the novitiate (after I finish here at the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary in Columbus, OH,) Glenmary will take over/absorb the loans and debt!!!! (I truly hope this will be the case, as they are in a deficit!) Although I was hoping not to put myself in the hole any further, I am so very thankful for their promise of future assistance!!

Another wonderful miracle happened today: I finally received a response from the local Knights of Columbus, who I wrote back in november, and they stated today that they will be sending me a check for $800 yearly for the next 2 years in order to help me! :drool: :blush: :saint:

I credit all these actions to your prayers, and that of the saints, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help!!!! :saint: :lol: :D: :drool: :blush:

I still have a ways to go, but out of this darkness, light has shone down on this poor little soul!! God is so good!!!!!!

You are in my prayers and thoughts!!!

In Christ, Your Brother, the Broke Son,
~Shawn

• 2 weeks later...
:yahoo: am so happy for you that the KOC's are helping you, and your order will help with your debt, that's awesome!! I continue to pray that all goes well with your debt and vocation!

[quote name='DeoOptimoMaximo' post='1179442' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:18 PM']
Dear Sisters,

I have received bad/good news on the financial debt and loan matter...... the bad news is that I have to take out the $14,000+ loans in order to pay this year's seminary tuition, etc..., but the good news is that my community, the Glenmary Home Missioners has told me that once I enter the novitiate (after I finish here at the Pontifical College Josephinum seminary in Columbus, OH,) Glenmary will take over/absorb the loans and debt!!!! (I truly hope this will be the case, as they are in a deficit!) Although I was hoping not to put myself in the hole any further, I am so very thankful for their promise of future assistance!!

Another wonderful miracle happened today: I finally received a response from the local Knights of Columbus, who I wrote back in november, and they stated today that they will be sending me a check for $800 yearly for the next 2 years in order to help me! :drool: :blush: :saint:

I credit all these actions to your prayers, and that of the saints, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help!!!! :saint: :lol: :D: :drool: :blush:

I still have a ways to go, but out of this darkness, light has shone down on this poor little soul!! God is so good!!!!!!

You are in my prayers and thoughts!!!

In Christ, Your Brother, the Broke Son,
~Shawn
[/quote]

Well I just wanted to update all of you on my finacial status, I'm still working on paying off my loans but have been given some generous donations from parishiners and even some of my "phamily" from phatmass and I have continued to sell my things and even one lady who connected with me through ebay was so kind to buy over 200 dollars worth of things in support of my vocation, which I am so greatful to all of these dear souls for helping me, My Superior was so kind to help me with selling my car, the order is good friends with a gentlemen who runs a ford dealership and I went to see him and he's such a wonderful man and has made a very generous offer on my car and I'm truly greatful for this blessing and I know he'll find a good home for my car too, also at my work, my base supervisor has been absolutely wonderful and in full support of my vocation, she suggested I write up a letter and put it in our crew room asking for donations, which I have done and my fellow co-workers have been so wonderful and supporting this vocation thus far and my supervisor has even suggested I write to our CEO as he's a good catholic and she feels he might wish to sponsor this vocation as well, so I have been so blessed and am truly truly greatful for all these blessings that our lord has given me, and my debt is going down and thanks to all this help it seems I will be able to enter on the 25th, so I just wanted to update all of you and please know that I continue to keep all of you in my prayers!!

God Bless You!