An Old School Catholic Message Board

Votives for Vocations

stlmom

cathoholic_anonymous

I would also like to request one, that I and other young people in England may be blessed with the generosity of heart that is needed to respond to the call. Please ask Our Lady of Walsingham to intercede for us when you light the candle. I am very devoted to her Shrine. :love:

• 3 months later...

I'm sensing a need to light a few votives based on some recent posts--anyone out there can make a request and I will light one for them this week for any intention. God bless all you discerners!

[quote name='stlmom' post='1049028' date='Aug 24 2006, 12:05 AM']Consider it done this weekend! There's room for more if anyone else would like!
:yes: :yes: :yes:[/quote]

This would be me ... I would be really happy and thankful if you could just lit a candle for me. I do need it, as the way is still long and it is good to know there are people accompanying me. Thank you again.

Thomist-in-Training

Thank you dear, I would be grateful if you would light one for me and especially that I can balance everything this semester and that I will have a strong enough will not to finish school if that's what God want of me.

(And a corner of it for my cousin who's just entered the seminary!)

abiding-soul

Thank you for the kind thought. I would like to request one as I am discerning and applying for entrance into a community. I am a convert whose parents are having a hard time as well. God Bless You stlmom!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='1049992' date='Aug 24 2006, 09:49 PM']I'd like to request a votive for all converts discerning a vocation. I think that includes quite a few of us here.
Thank you!!!![/quote]

[quote name='stlmom' post='1370401' date='Aug 25 2007, 11:48 AM']I'm sensing a need to light a few votives based on some recent posts--anyone out there can make a request and I will light one for them this week for any intention. God bless all you discerners![/quote]

Light one for me again ... that a) I can get a cheap plane ticket b) confirm with the sisters what date they want me to arrive (so that I can buy the plane ticket) c) for a family issue d) that things continue to work out wonderfully

My entrance is sometime in Jan. :-)

the lords sheep

Wait! Wait! Wait! I hope I'm not too late! ^_^

For my vocation and for my family who will not be pleased. And for humility, and that I may find a spiritual director.
Thank you! You will be in my prayers as well!