An Old School Catholic Message Board

nightgowns

zunshynn

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='1055967' date='Sep 3 2006, 05:18 AM']
It sure has an odd night cap. Doesn't the tassel get in your face when you roll over?
[/quote]

:rolleyes: I suppose it will. But I'll offer it up as a sacrifice for OLAM Dad that God might grant him better jokes. ;) Just kidding! :tomato:

I actually just never put my graduation gown away. :lol: I still sort of have to take those pictures. :pinch: I really ought to donate it to my parish. I guess they use white graduation gowns for sacraments. Why they'd use those ugly things is beyond me. :idontknow: It was probably because kids were showing up dressed inappropriately. :rolleyes:

[quote]Can you make me one?!?!? (just kiddin') Although, I will hopefully have one or a night habit in the next year or so... [/quote]

I hope you have your own night habit soon too! :sign: Although, sorry I couldn't have made one for you if my life depended on it. My grandmother wouldn't even let me hem the sleeves myself! :lol:

Edited by zunshynn

[quote name='brandelynmarie' post='1056994' date='Sep 5 2006, 04:55 AM']
:lol: @ tassel comment....kinda pointy too on the sides, huh OLAM Dad?
[/quote]
It keeps you from rolling off the bed though.

Do nuns roll off the bed more than most people? Cause I've never rolled off the bed before. I dunno why I'd start now. :idontknow:

Besides according to Mother Mary Francis, Poor Clares are quite good at sleeping. People only roll off the bed when they have trouble sleeping. So as a PCPA hopefully I won't have to worry about that. I must admit I'm terrified I won't wake up when I'm supposed to. I've never voluntarily gotten up at 5:30 AM in my life. Well, except during my aspirancy. But that's because I was excited. lol

Edited by zunshynn

brandelynmarie

I love how Mother would refer to some sisters as being "very talented sleepers" & that the retiring bell would wake some of them up! Do y'all have alarm clocks in th PCPA's or do they use a bell or clapper in the hall? I am such a light sleeper that I once had an alarm clock with very delicate chimes (a Zen Alarm clock...don't ask!) & I always heard it! My guess is it would be so different for you that you will wake up on time & if not, I'm sure they'll come lookin' for ya! :blush: