An Old School Catholic Message Board

Remembering A Modern Day Saint.

Tony

I've been reflecting on the people who did the unthinkable on this day.  I'm not talking about the terrorists.  When you think about it, it's easy to kill.  Just as it's easy to hate.  But to love!  To love takes risks!  When we love, our entire being rises up, above the boundaries of this poor earth.  There is a degree of love that takes everything...  

On this day I remember all the men and women who forgot their own selves in the effort to rescue others.  From the outside these people looked average, ordinary, unrecognizable, just another face in the crowd.  But on this day, they took upon themselves the image of Our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  They truly fulfilled our Lords formula:  "greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."    Along with the person you posted about, we witnessed numerous human beings step up to save as many lives they could and act upon this devastation, even if it meant their own lives would be lost.  As yucky and horrifying this day was, these heroes became the blinding lights in the abominable darkness.  

...on this day we witnessed the rarest of all loves...and there was no where the darkness could run to escape it....

Edited by dominicansoul

• 11 months later...
On 9/12/2017 at 10:41 AM, dominicansoul said:

...on this day we witnessed the rarest of all loves...and there was no where the darkness could run to escape it....

Beautiful!

• 11 months later...

Three people in the Roman Catholic Church called to canonize Judge.[28][29] The Orthodox-Catholic Church of America declared him a saint.[30][31] Two people claim miraculous healings through prayers to Judge. Evidence of miracles is required for canonization in the Catholic Church.

On 1/9/2004 at 7:30 AM, Tony said:

Hello Phatmassers, I would like to share a story about someone I believe should be canonized as a Saint some day. I personally did not know this person, but when I had heard about her, I felt drawn to her and felt like I had known her. Her name is Deora Bodley. She was aboard Flight 93 on September 11, 2001. She was age 20

Why do I feel drawn to her? Her heart. Example being she was always hopeful for world peace. She was quoted for writing as an 11-year-old, she wrote in one of her journals, "People ask who, what, when, where, how and why. I ask peace." Her family are now huge advocates to what Deora believed in... Peace and love. There is much more to like about Deora though so I Will give you a few pages that tell a lot about the type of person Deora was.

There have been a lot of reverences of her attending Catholic schools and volunteering at them, her memorial services have also been at Catholic churches so I believe she is Catholic.

http://cf1.newsday.infi.net/911/printprofile.cfm?id=161

http://www.post-gazette.com/headlines/2001...bodleybiop8.asp

http://www.scu.edu/SCU/Departments/President/deora.cfm

Wow that all this is said, I hope it isn’t wrong or seem strange to have an intercessor that hasn’t been canonized as saint and I never knew in person... I sometimes feel like I am invading someone’s space … And at the same time, I feel compelled to share her story and treat her as she was a saint. I would love to see her get canonized some day! May she continue pray for world peace, amen.

God bless you all, if you would like, I encourage you to spread the word about Deora, maybe she will achieve Sainthood this way .

No, it isn’t invading anyone’s space. Thank you for sharing this story! :)

• 11 months later...

“And so, this morning we come to bury Myke Judge's body, but not his spirit. We come to bury his voice, but not his message. We come to bury his hands, but not his good works. We come to bury his heart, but not his love. Never his love.” Father Michael Duffy. OFM Homily at the funeral for Father Mychal Judge OFM victim 0001 September 15 2001

Fr Mychael judge.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...