An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Postulant's Outfits Be More Aesthetically Pleasing?

Veritas

More Aesthetic Postulant Outfits?  

171 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346782236' post='2478327']
The MSSR also get a veil when they become postulants, after they finish candidacy. I love veils on postulants. :)
[/quote]
Wait are you reffering to the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa? That's great. They have a time for candidacy?

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1346945682' post='2479398']
Wait are you reffering to the Marian Sisters of Santa Rosa? That's great. They have a time for candidacy?
[/quote]

Yes! I am. :-) Do you know them?! I am discerning with them. :nun:

And yes they do have a candidacy.

Edited by ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346952846' post='2479424']
Yes! I am. :-) Do you know them?! I am discerning with them. :nun:

And yes they do have a candidacy.
[/quote]
A little I am just starting to communicate with them. I have exchanged several emails with Mother Teresa Christe and spoken to her on the phone once. She invited me to come visit at the end of September but I wont be able to make it this time. I would love to sometime soon. I love that they have Eucharistic Adoration and pray the rosary as a community. It seems to me that most active communities have one or the other but not both and this was extremely important for me.

ToJesusMyHeart

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1346960810' post='2479462']
A little I am just starting to communicate with them. I have exchanged several emails with Mother Teresa Christe and spoken to her on the phone once. She invited me to come visit at the end of September but I wont be able to make it this time. I would love to sometime soon. I love that they have Eucharistic Adoration and pray the rosary as a community. It seems to me that most active communities have one or the other but not both and this was extremely important for me.
[/quote]

:like3: Mother is so radiant; she fills my heart with joy when I talk with her.

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346963543' post='2479485']
:like3: Mother is so radiant; she fills my heart with joy when I talk with her.
[/quote]
Yes I felt like I was on a spiritual high for a couple days after I talked to her. She was so sweet and very knowledgeable, I had no trouble talking to her and I am looking forward to meeting her. If I do enter an active community I would like it to be with them. Another thing that draws me to them is their consecration to Mary, I already made my consecration and it would be amazing to enter a community where this is part of their spirituality.

ToJesusMyHeart

Whoop! Their Montfortian spirituality is so attractive for me as well. :) Maybe we'll meet one another too, if we both are called to their community. That'd be cool! I wonder if any PMers have ever entered the same community?

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346964608' post='2479489']
I wonder if any PMers have ever entered the same community?
[/quote]

I wonder this also!

[quote name='ToJesusMyHeart' timestamp='1346964608' post='2479489']
I wonder if any PMers have ever entered the same community?
[/quote]
Yep! Two pmers entered the same community at the same time. JTheresa and alrichey entered the Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration.

Lisa entered with SheisCatholic who was a pmer even if she didn't post much :)

Edited by Pax_et bonum

[quote name='Pax_et bonum' timestamp='1346983414' post='2479614']
Yep! Two pmers entered the same community at the same time. JTheresa and alrichey entered the Sisters of Saint Francis of Perpetual Adoration.
[/quote]

Thank you! How rare-at the same time and everything. Maybe it will happen again!

Whoop! Their Montfortian spirituality is so attractive for me as well. :) Maybe we'll meet one another too, if we both are called to their community. That'd be cool! I wonder if any PMers have ever entered the same community?

Yes, there have been quite a few.

Two Phatmassers discerned and entered the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word in Alabama but they discerned out of the order. One of them has been very helpful to those (including me) who have expressed interest in the Sisters. There was another girl who entered is now professed.

Edited by cmaD2006
Mod edit -- anonymity

Yes, there have been quite a few.

Two Phatmassers discerned and entered the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word in Alabama but they discerned out of the order. One has been very helpful to those (including me) who have expressed interest in the Sisters. There was another who entered is now professed.

Did they enter at the same time, or did their time there overlap? (If that is not too nosy.)

Edited by cmaD2006
mod edit -- anonymity

[quote name='Mary's Child' timestamp='1346960810' post='2479462']
[/quote]

Mary's Child, the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart in Alhambra, California also have Eucharistic Adoration and rosary in common. You may want to check them out as well:

[url="http://www.carmelitesistersocd.com/"]http://www.carmelitesistersocd.com/[/url]

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1347049835' post='2479969']
Mary's Child, the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart in Alhambra, California also have Eucharistic Adoration and rosary in common. You may want to check them out as well:

[url="http://www.carmelitesistersocd.com/"]http://www.carmelitesistersocd.com/[/url]
[/quote]
I am very familiar with them and they are the community I have visited the most. I love them and they are very beautiful unfortunately it turned out that I am not called there but thanks for the advice

I voted no, I think having to "put up" with the postulant outfit for however long, just makes you long that much more for the holy habit. The TOR's postulants just wear a collared white shirt, a black skirt, and a Tau Cross. The novices wear a white collared shirt, a rather unflattering jumper, and cute small white veil. Then finally when they make first vows three years in do they get to be clothed in the holy habit! If it were me, after all that time, I would think the simple Franciscan habit was the most beautiful, glorious thing on God's good earth. (the TOR's also have a heavy emphasis on penance, the "putting up" with the postulant/novice outfits would merit one quite a bit of penance to offer up for souls. :hehe2: )