An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Journey to the PCPA!

zunshynn

Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it so much, and I know his family would too.

They found my friend's body this afternoon, about 100 yards from the rock he fell off. It was hard to hear. I mean, I kind of knew already... but it made it so much more real. It'll be good to not be wondering though.

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1075230' date='Sep 26 2006, 05:16 AM']
Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate it so much, and I know his family would too.

They found my friend's body this afternoon, about 100 yards from the rock he fell off. It was hard to hear. I mean, I kind of knew already... but it made it so much more real. It'll be good to not be wondering though.
[/quote]
So sorry to learn of this sad news.I am praying for you all

Blessings to you on this wonderful Feast of St. Francis! :saint:

[img]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h136/zunshynn/33-francisblack.jpg[/img]

I decided to resume my countdown. :woot: And my entrance is... :shock:[color="#666666"] [b][size=4]27 days away![/size][/b][/color] Jeepers!

And in honor of this glorious anniversary of St. Francis' birth into Blessed Eternity, our Franciscan tidbit is an excerpt of the Testament, a letter Francis wrote to the Friars Minor before he died to sort elucidated the Rule further:

[quote] The Lord granted me, Brother Francis, to begin to do penance in this way: While I was in sin, it seemed very bitter to me to see lepers. And the Lord Himself led me among them and I had mercy upon them. And when I left them that which seemed bitter to me was changed into sweetness of soul and body; and afterward I lingered a little and left the world.

And the Lord gave me such faith in churches that I would simply pray and speak in this way: "We adore You, Lord Jesus Christ, in all Your churches throughout the world, and we bless You, for through Your holy cross You have redeemed the world." ...

And after the Lord gave me brothers, no one showed me what I should do, but the Most High Himself revealed to me that I should live according to the form of the Holy Gospel. And I had this written down simply and in a few words and the Lord Pope confirmed it for me. And those who came to receive life gave to the poor everything which they were capable of possessing and they were content with one tunic, patched inside and out, with a cord and short trousers. And we had no desire for anything more. We who were clerics used to say the Office as other clerics did; the lay brothers said the Our Father; and we quite willingly stayed in churches. And we were simple and subject to all.

And I used to work with my hands, and I still desire to work; and I firmly wish that all my brothers give themselves to honest work. Let those who do not know how to work learn, not from desire of receiving wages for their work but as an example and in order to avoid idleness. And when we are not paid for our work, let us have recourse to the table of the Lord, seeking alms from door to door. The Lord revealed to me a greeting, as we used to say: "May the Lord give you peace."
[/quote]

The whole thing may be found [url="http://www.franciscanfriarstor.com/stfrancis/stf_st_francis_the_testament.htm"]here[/url] but I'll be posting more of this later.

I've got nothing to add to this... I just totally want to learn to live like St. Francis... and really, I guess all of the saints, with no attachment but Our Lord. He just lives it so radically, and so beautifully, and so simply and with such humility. :love:

Oh, and thank you all so much for your prayers for my friend... I went to the funeral on Saturday... and it was really beautiful... God has given me a confidence that it was not just some freak accident, but was really a part of God's plan, and it had meaning, and purpose. I think I have a new friend in Heaven now. :) Please continue to pray for his parents and family especially. They were already having a really tough time, and I just pray that this ultimately brings them closer.

Edited by zunshynn

VeniteAdoremus

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1083833' date='Oct 4 2006, 07:47 PM']

I've got nothing to add to this... I just totally want to learn to live like St. Francis... and really, I guess all of the saints, with no attachment but Our Lord. He just lives it so radically, and so beautifully, and so simply and with such humility. :love:

[/quote]

Darn you woman, I was going to be a Dominican! :)

I can truthfully say that I really, really am so excited for you! All the best for your final time of preparation here - and check back with us often while you still can, we need that.

Prayers,

VA

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1084191' date='Oct 4 2006, 03:56 PM']
Darn you woman, I was going to be a Dominican! :)

I can truthfully say that I really, really am so excited for you! All the best for your final time of preparation here - and check back with us often while you still can, we need that.

Prayers,

VA
[/quote]

Aww, well Dominicans are uber cool too! Especially my dear friend Thomas Aquinas! :flowers:

I'll be sure to come back often still. I love y'all... I'm glad you're enjoying my countdown. I was wondering if anyone was really reading it.

[font="Impact"][size=5][color="#CC0000"]!!!26 DAYS!!![/color][/size][/font]

Today we have a second excerpt from St. Francis' Testament, on his reverence for the Holy Priesthood. It's so wonderful, how, as holy as St. Francis was himself, he was still so humble towards, the priesthood, even priests that were not known for holiness, simply because it was from them that God had chosen to give us the sacraments, and chosen ultimately to give us Himself, and to give us instruction upon the Word of God. Oh how wonderful. Personally, I find myself so incredibly shy around priests... I find it so difficult to talk to them, because I'm just in such awe of the way Our Lord works through them. lol. Anyway, without further ado:

[quote]Afterward the Lord gave me and still gives me such faith in priests who live according to the manner of the holy Roman Church because of their order, that if they were to persecute me, I would still have recourse to them. And if I possessed as much wisdom as Solomon had and I came upon pitiful priests of this world, I would not preach contrary to their will in the parishes in which they live.

And I desire to fear, love, and honor them and all others as my masters. And I do not wish to consider sin in them because I discern the Son of God in them and they are my masters. And I act in this way since I see nothing corporally of the Most High Son of God in this world except His Most holy Body and Blood which they receive and which they alone administer to others. And these most holy mysteries I wish to have honored above all things and to be reverenced and to have them reserved in precious places. Wherever I come upon His most holy written words in unbecoming places, I desire to gather them up and I ask that they be collected and placed in a suitable place. And we should honor and respect all theologians and those who minister the most holy divine words as those who minister spirit and life to us.

...And I firmly wish to obey the minister general of this fraternity and another guardian whom it might please him to give me. And I wish to be so captive in his hands that I cannot go anywhere or do anything beyond obedience and his will, for he is my master. And although I may be simple and infirm, I wish nonetheless always to have a cleric who will celebrate the Office for me as it is contained in the Rule. [/quote]

I ordered my stationery yesterday! Well, sort of. I ordered my notecards, envelopes and some stationery last week, but then when it came I realized I'd actually ordered the wrong stationery sheets. I was going to send it back and order the right one, but then my grandmother really liked the one I'd accidentally ordered, so I gave it to her and then ordered the right one. :doh: I'm glad it all worked out though. I'd been so frustrated trying to find good stationery to take with me, and I just didn't like what I was seeing, evening at the stationery store where I worked.

So then a while ago, I googled "Catholic stationery" and came across this company Trademark Catholic Stationery and Gifts, and they had the most beautiful notecards. Then, the next day after mass, this lady gave me a note on some stationery by that company! And I was like, ooh, this is exactly what I needed! The envelopes are beautiful too, and they said they've had postal workers comment on how they hadn't thought about the saints and stuff in years until they saw those envelopes! What an awesome, silent tool of grace! Anyway, [url="http://www.catholicstationery.com/4/439.htm?105"]here is a link to the stationery I bought[/url]. Isn't it beautiful? You can't really tell in the picture, but around the edges it has the words of John VI. :love: I also bought both notecard sets and the heavenly family envelopes.

Edited by zunshynn

[size=4][color="#009900"][font="Script MT Bold"]25 Days[/font][/color][/size]

And one of my very favorite pieces from St. Clare thus far! It's a poem from one of her letters to Agnes of Prague. I took it from [url="http://www.poetry-chaikhana.com/C/ClareofAssis/DrawmeafterY.htm"]this poetry website[/url]

[quote]Draw me after You!
We will run in the fragrance of Your perfumes,
O heavenly Spouse!
I will run and not tire,
until You bring me into the wine-cellar,
until Your left hand is under my head
and Your right hand will embrace me happily
and You will kiss me with the happiest kiss of Your mouth. [/quote] Several months ago, I was kind of getting sad at the thought of not... And then I was thinking about this one night in adoration, and I glanced at a painting of the Divine Mercy that we have up in the chapel, and it truly struck me that Jesus is a real person. I mean, I knew that, and I've seen this picture thousands of times before... but it set in that in religious life, you are truly marrying a real, flesh and blood man (who also happens to be God. :) ) And there was like this voice inside me that said, "I kiss you with every Holy Communion." I was just kind of awestruck by that... by the reality of the depth of a relationship that we are called to have with Him (really all of us on some level, whether religious or not). How blessed we are that we encounter Him so intimately in the Blessed Sacrament!

Edited by zunshynn

How come people don't talk on my countdown very much? :weep: I feel so unloved! :lol: no, not really. But you guys usually have so much to say.

I loved the quote of St Clare. Only 24 days before you enter and become a Sister, how exciting!!! God Bless and Mary Keep You Always :sign: :sign: :sign: :sign: