An Old School Catholic Message Board

$60,000.00 To Enter The Convent?

Veritas

+

:clapping:
[b]Recently[/b], I asked for everyone's prayers for my friend Jill, who was accpeted to the [b]CFRs[/b] a couple months after she finished her masters and a couple months before the entrance date --with [b]big time[/b] debts. Well... I just received this news!

Hi Julie!! Ok, here's the update. An anonymous benefactor has come forth and has offered that if I will work for 1 year at my old school, [b]he will pay me $60,000 (the amount of my loans), plus give me free housing!!! [/b] I NEVER expected that things would go this way, but it definitely seems like God is directing me to do this. I will be close to my spiritual director, in a Catholic community, will be able to attend daily mass, and will have a guarantee for entrance next year!!! Praise God! It wasn't the miracle I thought would come, but it definitely is a miracle. Please continue your prayers for me. I am
praying for you too. God bless you, Jill

[b]Isn't that A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!! [/b] :yahoo:

[b]Thanks for your prayers all --GOD is SO GOOD![/b] :love:

Edited by Veritas

[quote name='Veritas' post='1066307' date='Sep 18 2006, 09:48 PM']
+

:clapping:
[b]Recently[/b], I asked for everyone's prayers for my friend Jill, who was accpeted to the [b]CFRs[/b] a couple months after she finished her masters and a couple months before the entrance date --with [b]big time[/b] debts. Well... I just received this news!

Hi Julie!! Ok, here's the update. An anonymous benefactor has come forth and has offered that if I will work for 1 year at my old school, [b]he will pay me $60,000 (the amount of my loans), plus give me free housing!!! [/b] I NEVER expected that things would go this way, but it definitely seems like God is directing me to do this. I will be close to my spiritual director, in a Catholic community, will be able to attend daily mass, and will have a guarantee for entrance next year!!! Praise God! It wasn't the miracle I thought would come, but it definitely is a miracle. Please continue your prayers for me. I am
praying for you too. God bless you, Jill

[b]Isn't that A W E S O M E !!!!!!!!! [/b] :yahoo:

[b]Thanks for your prayers all --GOD is SO GOOD![/b] :love:
[/quote]

Your friend was included in the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic club. Funny, last night during the litany, I asked St. Francis to help the members who have vocations to be his spiritual daughters and I did ask St. Francis to intercede for your friend.

God is good and true to His word. He wants us to bring our needs to Him and He asks us, His children, to trust in Him.

I am glad for your friend and with you and your friend let us Praise the Lord!!!!

Edited by passionheart

[quote name='passionheart' post='1066318' date='Sep 18 2006, 07:04 PM']
Your friend was included in the Broke Daughters of St. Dominic club. Funny, last night during the litany, I asked St. Francis to help the members who have vocations to be his spiritual daughters and I did ask St. Francis to intercede for your friend.

God is good and true to His word. He wants us to bring our needs to Him and He asks us, His children, to trust in Him.

I am glad for your friend and with you and your friend let us Praise the Lord!!!!
[/quote]

+

Amen! God is GOOD --thanks for your prayers! I KNOW they were powerful!

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1066403' date='Sep 18 2006, 08:35 PM']
Wow! God is awesome! What generosity! May God bless that man abundantly!
[/quote]

+

I'm not sure about the reasoning, but I hope part of the one year stipulation is so that she can be a witness to vocations and discerning and preparing for religious life at the school. It really is an awesome time for her to witness to young people, who otherwise, may never encountered someone college age who's entering the convent!

THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! i am so so happy for the goodness and faithfulness of the Lord...and the generosity, the openess, and the love of this man for the Lord that he would help another like this!!!!

May each person who is entering a convent or monastery who is in financial need, myself included, be blessed in a special way that the Lord's will would be done and the ENTRANCE date would be near!!!

THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!!

That's absolutely fantastic! I can't imagine how miserable it must be to be in a financial hole. But I am gonna have to highjack this thread though and asked if anyone knows anyone entering the CFR sisters this year. Entrance should be coming up soon...