An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Kind Of Catholic Are You?

cathoholic_anonymous

I got an 87 which makes me a Daily Rosary Catholic. That kind of surprised me. I thought I was going to wind up in the Divine Office category.

Its a very poor questionaire. I was unable to answer at least three questions, because I disagreed with all the options. It's too black and white.

Having answered those three questions with answers close to my position that I none the less disagreed with, it decreed me to be a Rosary Catholic (with 83/100). That does not sum me up at all, and to be frank I din't like the classifications anyway. The Catholic Church is far more than a bunch of liberals and conservatives as the quiz seems to imply.

I also don't like the way it suggests that Liberals are unorthodox. "Liberals" and "Conservatives" may have slightly different views, but in my view both are quite but not fully orthodox. We are all united in the truth of Christ, and the tensions that exist are dynamic and healthy and help us to better discover Christ's truth.

Gordon

I got a 100 :cool:

there were some where I wanted to answer "both" like: what is your cheif duty as a Catholic? it is to obey the laws of the Church AND to grow in personal holiness, they are one and the same thing. I chose laws of the Church though cause it's the only surefire way to :cool:

Anyway, only the first two categories are Catholics in good standing. The rest are either mildly or strongly heretical

goldenchild17

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1096993' date='Oct 20 2006, 02:41 PM']
[url="http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=95"]What Kind of Catholic Are You?[/url]
[/quote]
99/100 very traditional Catholic. Yep, me the heretic :D:.

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1097277' date='Oct 20 2006, 07:27 PM']
I got a 100 :cool:

there were some where I wanted to answer "both" like: what is your cheif duty as a Catholic? it is to obey the laws of the Church AND to grow in personal holiness, they are one and the same thing. I chose laws of the Church though cause it's the only surefire way to :cool:

Anyway, only the first two categories are Catholics in good standing. The rest are either mildly or strongly heretical
[/quote]
Yeah I didn't really like that one either. I went with the holiness answer though... I don't know it seemed more like that is what our aim is, as a result of following the laws of the Church. But it could go either way I think.

You scored 100, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 35
You are a Centering Prayer (very progressive) Catholic. More about you.
26 - 50
You are an Ignatian Exercises (moderately progressive) Catholic. More about you.
51 - 75
You are a Divine Office (moderately traditional) Catholic. More about you.
[b]76 - 100
You are a Daily Rosary (very traditional) Catholic. More about you. [/b]

...though I must say that there's definately parts of me that are more "Divine Office" Catholic.

...actually I think the last time I took that I was in that category. Haha

Fr. Antony Maria OSB

After answering about 30 of the questions, it just felt like that quiz was meant to make Catholics confused about their Faith, because so many of the answers could have been both, or all. I just stopped taking it, so I don't know what I got, nor do I really think it matters.

angelusdomini

[b]You scored 104, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score: [/b]

:lol_roll: This is absolutely riotous. Is it even possible to score higher than the highest score i.e. 100.
0 - 35
You are a Centering Prayer (very progressive) Catholic. More about you.
26 - 50
You are an Ignatian Exercises (moderately progressive) Catholic. More about you.
51 - 75
You are a Divine Office (moderately traditional) Catholic. More about you.
76 - 100
You are a Daily Rosary (very traditional) Catholic. More about you.

Anyway, can't take it too seriously as some have already mentioned some of the choices for the questions were a little ambiguous. Like the duties of a lay Catholic or the the question about how church teaching influences my opinion on public issues. I think the choices made false distinctions between following the rules of the church and seeking holiness as well as between moral and social issues. I got the sense of the usual either or distinctions. You cannot be for moral issues (i.e. abortion) and social issues (i.e. caring for the poor) at the same time. I am very Catholic in that I think it is entirely possible to do both. To be both liturgical and very on fire for your faith. Tos Obey the rules of the church and to strive for personal holiness. To have a visceral aversion to the killing of the unborn and to have a genuine desire to bring Christ's light of peace and hope and love to those afflicted in this world. Always having in front of me the reality that this world is nto the end.

[b]You Are a Daily Rosary (Very Traditional) Catholic [/b] ( I guess this would categorise me- though not accurately, which in reality is only apt for it is only God who can and does trully see us as we truly are)

You'd like the church to revive the time-honored devotions, liturgical practices, and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council—and you're hoping that Pope Benedict XVI will lead the church in exactly that direction. Your favorite hymn is probably a traditional Latin composition such as the "Panis Angelicus," and your favorite pope is probably a pioneer of the Church's great liturgical tradition such as Gregory the Great. You loved "The Passion of the Christ."

This I think for the most part I agree with. I don't know about my favourite Pope although I am a great fan of Pope Benedict XVI writing even as a cardinal. I am currently working through his book "Introduction to Christianity". I love the way he is able to speak almost off-the-cuff annd make comprehensible some very profound ruths of the faith. I also Like Pope JPII's "The Theology of the Body". I would also like to read his encyclicles "Fides et Ratio" and "Veritate Splendor". The observation on the Passion of the Christ needs no further comment.

Edited by Angelus_Domini

[quote name='Angelus_Domini' post='1097774' date='Oct 22 2006, 08:39 AM']
[b]You scored 104, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score: [/b]

:lol_roll: This is absolutely riotous. Is it even possible to score higher than the highest score i.e. 100.

[/quote]

Hehehehe!! I got 103!! :topsy:

I got Divine Office...some of those questions were difficult...I actually don't think I deserved to score that high up there cuz I am still quite uneducated about my Catholic faith...I do know the very basics, but I am definitely still learning...

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1096993' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:41 PM'][url="http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=95"]What Kind of Catholic Are You?[/url][/quote]I'm the kind of Catholic that doesn't do Beliefnet quizes... :dunce: