An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Kind Of Catholic Are You?

cathoholic_anonymous

You scored 88, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 35
You are a Centering Prayer (very progressive) Catholic. More about you.
26 - 50
You are an Ignatian Exercises (moderately progressive) Catholic. More about you.
51 - 75
You are a Divine Office (moderately traditional) Catholic. More about you.
76 - 100
You are a Daily Rosary (very traditional) Catholic.

[quote]You Are a Daily Rosary (Very Traditional) Catholic
You'd like the church to revive the time-honored devotions, liturgical practices, and strong institutional discipline that prevailed before the Second Vatican Council—and you're hoping that Pope Benedict XVI will lead the church in exactly that direction. Your favorite hymn is probably a traditional Latin composition such as the "Panis Angelicus," and your favorite pope is probably a pioneer of the Church's great liturgical tradition such as Gregory the Great. You loved "The Passion of the Christ."[/quote]

I absolutely love Gregory the Great...
And I try to pray thye Rosary everyday.

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1097211' date='Oct 20 2006, 07:32 PM']
Daily Rosary here too! The thing is, I could do so much more, is there a harder test? :idontknow: :D:
[/quote]

I agree! It said that I am a solid Daily Rosary, too. But really I am not. I am more Divine office. I take the teachings of the church seriously but I am no trad. :rolleyes: :unsure:

VeniteAdoremus

I scored 88. Much higher than I expected.

Seen from the Dutch point of view, I'm very orthodox - but compared to most people here I'm completely liberal :)

[quote name='Cathoholic Anonymous' post='1096993' date='Oct 20 2006, 02:41 PM']
According to this, I am a 'daily rosary' (very traditional) Catholic. :unsure: Personally I think the second category ('divine office' Catholic) sounds much more like me. What scores do you all get?

[url="http://www.beliefnet.com/section/quiz/index.asp?sectionID=&surveyID=95"]What Kind of Catholic Are You?[/url]
[/quote]

Same here. My score was 84 (!), but I just don't feel at all that I exemplify the very traditional. I feel much more at home in the description of the Divine Office Catholic. :idontknow:

Personally though I would probably put myself somewhere between Divine Office and Daily Rosary... My Latin Mass friends don't have me completely hooked yet I suppose.

And I agree, some of those questions were worded really funny. It seemed like some were meant to throw me off, and some seemed to make the "liberal" position seem better than the "conservative." Whatever. Its just an online quiz.

~Katie

franciscanheart

[quote name='Tindomiel' post='1097095' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:24 PM']
I'm a 98 - but after reading the descriptions, I'd have to say that I'm more of a Divine Office Catholic.... they make the Daily Rosary Catholics sound rather ultra-traditionalist. :blink:
Plus I love Our Lady of Guadalupe and dislike Mel Gibson... :idontknow:
[/quote][quote name='philothea' post='1097114' date='Oct 20 2006, 03:42 PM']
98/Daily Rosary (very traditional) Catholic, too.

:blink:

I suppose.
[/quote][quote name='xTrishaxLynnx' post='1097180' date='Oct 20 2006, 05:04 PM']
I scored 86 out of 100, so according to the quiz that puts me in the Daily Rosary (Very Traditional) Catholic category. Personally I think I fit the Divine Office (moderately traditional) Catholic category description much better. :unsure:
[/quote]
I scored 98 and had reactions much like the ones above and others in this thread. :lol:

[quote name='Aloysius' post='1097277' date='Oct 20 2006, 06:27 PM']
there were some where I wanted to answer "both" like: what is your cheif duty as a Catholic? it is to obey the laws of the Church AND to grow in personal holiness, they are one and the same thing. I chose laws of the Church though cause it's the only surefire way to :cool:
[/quote]
Me too! :D:

I'm going to take it again answering the questions I struggled with differently and see what happens...

When I took it again, I noticed I only changed one (maybe two) answer(s). :idontknow: I still scored 98. I think I was docked points for the meat thing. And I'm sure I know the others that brought me down.

Ok ... I thought I'd hit the next one down but I guess I'm more traddie than I thought:

You scored 87, on a scale of 0 to 100. Here's how to interpret your score:
0 - 35
You are a Centering Prayer (very progressive) Catholic. More about you.
26 - 50
You are an Ignatian Exercises (moderately progressive) Catholic. More about you.
51 - 75
You are a Divine Office (moderately traditional) Catholic. More about you.
[b]76 - 100
You are a Daily Rosary (very traditional) Catholic. More about you. [/b]

I'm a bit surprized, but then again if I had answered the questions when I first came into the Church I'm positive I'd be a "Centering Prayer" catholic.

But I just read the descriptions, and I definitely don't match "Daily Rosary" description (I hate Latin ...). I'm probably a mix of the moderately-progressive and moderately traditional descriptions, probably closer to moderately-traditional.

Interesting.

-- Carmen

Edited by cmariadiaz

[quote name='shortnun' post='1099332' date='Oct 24 2006, 09:16 AM']
Wow, with a 70, I still have the lowest score. :ninja:
[/quote]

Not any more...me got 63.....REBEL! :punk: :punk: :punk:

[quote name='In His Light' post='1101365' date='Oct 26 2006, 06:13 AM']
Not any more...me got 63.....REBEL! :punk: :punk: :punk:
[/quote]
:disguise: <------ You :ninja: <---------- Me

[quote name='In His Light' post='1101365' date='Oct 26 2006, 06:13 AM']