An Old School Catholic Message Board

Can Anyone Think Of Another Name For Small Groups?

prose

My ex church calls them community groups

I've also heard:

Fellowship groups

Discussion groups

Something related to "shepherding", like "Folds" or something like that, but I can't remember the exact term

Here's my ex-church's description of "community groups" from their website:

Community Groups are small communities of six to twelve people meeting in homes and apartments throughout the city during the week. They are primary Christian communities, the first place Christians turn to for applying the gospel to their lives. They are also the heart of Redeemer’s pastoral care network. All groups are led by trained lay-leaders from the congregation who receive continued oversight and support.

Each group expects to experience Jesus Christ in its midst, in His presence and in His power, enabling lives to be transformed through mutual ministry. Our groups have a rich and broad agenda. They are more than just Bible studies – they include prayer, worship, friendship, sharing what God is doing in our lives, spiritual nurture, accountability and opportunities for service.

While some churches have small groups on the side, Redeemer is centered around our Community Groups. They are the church. Therefore, to belong to a Community Group is the way to truly belong to Redeemer.

if you call them pods you should come up with some goofy acronym for them, like ...

People Opening Doors for Seniors

or

Putting On Dark Shoes

or

Putting Others Down smells of elderberries

franciscanheart

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' post='1114236' date='Nov 7 2006, 05:43 PM']
I'm kinda fond of calling them pods :D: I like that one...
[/quote]
Me too. That's a cool name. :cool: