An Old School Catholic Message Board

Additions and Changes to 'Phatmass Religious Vocations'

franciscanheart

Congratulations!! I have visited the chapel here several times. God bless those sisters for staying fast in their neighborhood--which at times is in so much need of hope and prayer!

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1147968' date='Dec 23 2006, 02:16 AM']
TeresaAvila: Accepted into The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters "Pink Sisters" Mount Grace Convent
Possible Entrance January 15, 2007, Feast Day of Our Founder Saint Arnold Janssen SVD
www.Mountgraceconvent.org

DEO GRATIAS!!!! :sign:
[/quote]
:clap: God bless you! This is wonderful. I went on a nun run there a while back... they referred to some discerning women looking to enter. You might have been one of the women we talked about!!! :shock: :)

[quote name='stlmom' post='1148036' date='Dec 23 2006, 10:11 AM']
Congratulations!! I have visited the chapel here several times. God bless those sisters for staying fast in their neighborhood--which at times is in so much need of hope and prayer!
[/quote]
It's a delightfully peaceful chapel, isn't it? And to think... not only have they stayed in that part of the city, but they're buying land and planning to expand!

franciscanheart

Karin, did you ever pm me your updates? Did I fix it?

I will put these up on Christmas. (I have to work. I'll have nothing better to do. :ohno: Ho hum.)

Guest St. Clare

Hi everyone. I'm new here to Phatmass. I will be entering the Poor Clare Colettines in Cleveland early in 2007. Their website is /www.poorclarecolettines-cleveland.org. They follow the Rule of St. Clare of Asissi strictly with 4 vows - 4th being vow of enclosure, barefeet, full habit and perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Can't wait! I'm a late vocation - mid - late 40's. They are open to belated vocations. I have done much research with the Poor Clares, Carmelites and other orders when I started by discernment so I have a lot of knowledge of which orders are open to late vocations and in regards to married, divorced, with kids etc. for anyone wanting any information. Thanks. God Bless and Merry Christmas! Mary

franciscanheart

[quote name='Margaret Clare' post='1142199' date='Dec 14 2006, 11:14 AM']
changes for my info.

possibly the [url="http://campus.udayton.edu/mary/gallery/exhibits/dolomite.html"]Sisters of Bethlehem[/url] or the [url="http://www.flemingtoncarmel.org/StJoseph.htm"]Discalced Carmelites[/url].
[/quote]
Did you want me to take out the info listed now? (As in, replace current info with above?) Or did you want me to add it?

All other changes have been made. Sorry it took me so long to get to all of them. I promise to be better in the future.

I suggest everyone take a peak at the thread.. it's growing! :topsy:

[quote name='St. Clare' post='1149416' date='Dec 25 2006, 05:20 PM']
Hi everyone. I'm new here to Phatmass. I will be entering the Poor Clare Colettines in Cleveland early in 2007. Their website is /www.poorclarecolettines-cleveland.org. They follow the Rule of St. Clare of Asissi strictly with 4 vows - 4th being vow of enclosure, barefeet, full habit and perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Can't wait! I'm a late vocation - mid - late 40's. They are open to belated vocations. I have done much research with the Poor Clares, Carmelites and other orders when I started by discernment so I have a lot of knowledge of which orders are open to late vocations and in regards to married, divorced, with kids etc. for anyone wanting any information. Thanks. God Bless and Merry Christmas! Mary
[/quote]

I think any information you can provide for orders which accept older vocations (as myself) and other circumstances would be a blessings for many :D:

Congratulations on your entrance. May God bless you and St. Francis and St. Clare guide you on the path to His Heart :D:

Daniel (Twentie Fow)
Inquiry Formation, [url="http://www.cpps-preciousblood.org"]Cincinnati Province of the Missionaries of the Precious Blood[/url]
Applying for Summer 2007 entrance into Initial formation to study philosophy at the University of Dayton

Edited by Twentie Fow

Seatbelt Blue

Brian V.
(Seatbelt Blue)
Application Process
Capuchin Franciscans, Stigmata of St. Francis province

Edited by Seatbelt Blue

HeavenlyCalling

[quote name='TeresaAvila' post='1147968' date='Dec 23 2006, 03:16 AM']
TeresaAvila: Accepted into The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters "Pink Sisters" Mount Grace Convent
Possible Entrance January 15, 2007, Feast Day of Our Founder Saint Arnold Janssen SVD
www.Mountgraceconvent.org

DEO GRATIAS!!!! :sign:
[/quote]
Congradulations, you must be very excited, with your enterance date so close! I have been wondering, do the Pink Sisters have houses any where else in the US? The branch you are entering is the only one I have seen online, and I was wondering if there are more of them out there.

I dont know how update worhty this is, but I'll put it here anyway. Over April vacation I was going to go to Chicago with my youth group ( with is a once in a lifetime type thing for me) But I am going to ask my parents if I can not go and go to Buffalo instead. Nothing is really decieded yet, all in the planning stages, but I hope very much that I can go.

Just a recommondation for those who are putting their name down......i would suggest it would be best for those to put their name down if they forsure they are entering a religious order....that way....it doesn't....um.....make you more "depressed" if something were not to happen....however sometimes it is kind of fun to see where people would like to go....but yeah......random...i know.....but it is just from my own expereince....thats all!!!!

January 5th will be exactly 6 months away from my Simple Profession, which means i have been in the novitiate for 6 months thusfar... continue the prayers

franciscanheart

[quote name='Sixtina87' post='1155250' date='Jan 3 2007, 02:20 PM']
Just a recommondation for those who are putting their name down......i would suggest it would be best for those to put their name down if they forsure they are entering a religious order....that way....it doesn't....um.....make you more "depressed" if something were not to happen....however sometimes it is kind of fun to see where people would like to go....but yeah......random...i know.....but it is just from my own expereince....thats all!!!!
[/quote]
I think it's fine for most people to put down who they are discerning with. We are, after all, [i]discerning[/i].

Thank you STLMom and Shortnun for your lovely replies, I recieved a most beautiful letter from my Superior welcoming me, it was one of the most beautiful christmas gifts ever and such a great joy and honor to be serving my lord as a holy spirit adoration sister! Shortnun, it's quite possible I was one of the ladies you spoke of, I"ve been discerning with them for almost 3 years now, and after so much prayer and discernment, it's almost hard to believe that soon I'll be there, Oh how I cant' wait!! Yes it is a most beautiful chapel, I still remember all my prayer days there and my time in the observer program, my favorite is nocturnal adoration, and god love them for remaining in that neighborhood, that is actually one of the things that drew me there, was in this poor little neighborhood is this beautiful house of prayer and there is no better place for it then among the poor and some of the most lost souls, and yes they are building onto their convent, which is a great blessing, but they are in need of financial help, so please do keep them in your prayers! St. Joseph -Pray for Us! Please be assurred of my prayers for all of you!

God Bless You!

[quote name='shortnun' post='1148130' date='Dec 23 2006, 11:49 AM']
:clap: God bless you! This is wonderful. I went on a nun run there a while back... they referred to some discerning women looking to enter. You might have been one of the women we talked about!!! :shock: :)
It's a delightfully peaceful chapel, isn't it? And to think... not only have they stayed in that part of the city, but they're buying land and planning to expand!
[/quote]

Edited by TeresaAvila