An Old School Catholic Message Board

Additions and Changes to 'Phatmass Religious Vocations'

franciscanheart

Yes I am truly greatful to our dear lord and this community, my entrance date has been extended, I'm scheduled to enter on February 25th feast of Mother Mary Michael co-foundress of the order, as I needed to give my work 2 weeks notice and feel out of respect to the airline to continue working in january and then resign and also gives me time to finalize all my business aspects and close everything down, as many of you know and I'm now learning, there's alot to do! yes the pink sisters do have more houses, Philadelphia PA, Lincoln Nebraska, Corpus Christi Texas and St. Louis Missouri, as well as many others convents in the phillipines, argentina, germany etc, we are all under one superior General, our Mother House is in Steyl Holland, and so in the US St. Louis Mount Grace Convent is the provincial house and where all formation for the US providence takes place, once one takes vows she then could be transferred to any convent in the world, but the life is lived the same.

God Bless You!

[quote name='HeavenlyCalling' post='1155224' date='Jan 3 2007, 01:50 PM']
Congradulations, you must be very excited, with your enterance date so close! I have been wondering, do the Pink Sisters have houses any where else in the US? The branch you are entering is the only one I have seen online, and I was wondering if there are more of them out there.
[/quote]

Congratulations!!! Know that I will be praying for you!

God Bless You!

[quote name='St. Clare' post='1149416' date='Dec 25 2006, 04:20 PM']
Hi everyone. I'm new here to Phatmass. I will be entering the Poor Clare Colettines in Cleveland early in 2007. Their website is /www.poorclarecolettines-cleveland.org. They follow the Rule of St. Clare of Asissi strictly with 4 vows - 4th being vow of enclosure, barefeet, full habit and perpetual adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. Can't wait! I'm a late vocation - mid - late 40's. They are open to belated vocations. I have done much research with the Poor Clares, Carmelites and other orders when I started by discernment so I have a lot of knowledge of which orders are open to late vocations and in regards to married, divorced, with kids etc. for anyone wanting any information. Thanks. God Bless and Merry Christmas! Mary
[/quote]

Edited by TeresaAvila

I'm putting the brakes on the discernment process......so you might wish to bump me off the list at this point. I have some stuff I need to sort out.

Thanks,
Belinda

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Huggy I guess you could put me under Tentitive.

Margaret Theresa

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration
Our Lady of Solitude Monestery
Black Canyon, AZ
www.desertnuns.com

And keep me in your prayers all because I will be going to visit for the second time in late April. God bless you all.

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1176074' date='Jan 25 2007, 11:16 PM']
Hey Huggy I guess you could put me under Tentitive.

Margaret Theresa

Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration
Our Lady of Solitude Monestery
Black Canyon, AZ
www.desertnuns.com

And keep me in your prayers all because I will be going to visit for the second time in late April. God bless you all.
[/quote]
I wll pray for you God Bless :lol: :lol:

AccountDeleted

[color="#6666CC"][i][size=2]
nunsense (Annie) discerning with the "[url="http://www.tyburnconvent.org.uk/index2.html"]Tyburn Nuns[/url]" in London, UK. Their full name is Adorers of the Sacred Heart of Jesus of Monmartre, Order of St Benedict. Scheduled to visit in March and hopefully to enter at the end of summer 2007.[/size][/i][/color]

> Carmen
> (cmariadiaz)
> Hermanas Discipulas de Jesus de San Juan Bautista (IRSJB) - > Salta, Argentina
> Pending entrance into Postulancy -- Spring 2007

A bit of a clarification -- its a definite entrance (i.e. I've been accepted to enter postulancy ... that was abundantly clear with the visit to Mexico).

However at this point *I think* its being delayed due to family issues (my mom is quite ill). Once I have a better idea of when I will let you know. I think it will still be 2007.

Please keep my family and my entrance in prayer. Thanks!

-- Carmen

[quote name='cmariadiaz' date='Jan 26 2007, 07:47 AM' post='1176550']
> Carmen
> (cmariadiaz)
> Hermanas Discipulas de Jesus de San Juan Bautista (IRSJB) - > Salta, Argentina
> Pending entrance into Postulancy -- Spring 2007

:) I am so pleased that have been accepted but sorry that you may have to delay this because of your Mom's illness. I will pray for you both.

Edited by Jennirom

• 3 weeks later...
franciscanheart

okay so someone pmed me about the thread pinned up top and i can't find the pm! i dont know what happened to it... if it was you, pm me again please. i'm so sorry.

AccountDeleted

I am currently discerning seriously with one community in the USA and one in the UK. The US one is the Carmelite Order of Ancient Observance and the UK one is the Discalced Carmelite order. Entrance is hoped for July 2007, perhaps on the feast day of Our Lady of Mt Carmel.

nunsense
Annie

[url="http://carmelnet.org/christoval/christoval.htm"]THE CARMELITE NUNS of Our Lady of Grace Monastery[/url]Christoval, Texas USA

[url="http://www.wolvercarmvocations.org.uk/"]Carmelite Monastery Wolverhampton[/url]
Wolverhampton UK