An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmel Of Jesus, Mary And Joseph

Brandimg

[quote name='Queen'sDaughter' timestamp='1328568146' post='2382606']
One of my friends entered this Carmel last September. They are a beautiful community, and easily the most popular among young Traditional Latin Mass ladies!
[/quote]

JMJT

What was her experience when she visited? They are a very beautiful community. Not many Carmelite orders have the Latin Mass and they have the Priests from FSSP having Mass for them. (=

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='Briananne' timestamp='1328645822' post='2383152']
JMJT

What was her experience when she visited? They are a very beautiful community. Not many Carmelite orders have the Latin Mass and they have the Priests from FSSP having Mass for them. (=
[/quote]

She didn't have a whole lot to say about her visit (she was always very quiet), and she never actually went into any of the areas where the nuns lived. So her only interaction with them was through the speak room and through the grill. But I could tell that she was very at peace with her decision, and very happy.

[quote name='Briananne' timestamp='1328645618' post='2383149']
JMJT

Through these posts is how I found out about this website. I hope I get a chance to speak with other young ladies who have been there before going! The young lady from our church (she is 34) will be entering in Elysburg and she hasn't been to the convent in Valparaiso yet.

I am so happy to hear this! Do you have any idea where they will be founding a new convent? They are flooding with vocations, how wonderful! Are you also considering to join?

God Bless!
[/quote]

Hey Briananne! Let me PM you (private message) :ninja: .. :smile4: God bless!

• 2 years later...

How many are presently in the community at Valparaiso? I checked religious ministries.com, but thought that number might not be accurate, as the vocations seem to just pour in and Chiquitunga said somewhere on VS that the site is updated annually.

How many are presently in the community at Valparaiso? I checked religious ministries.com, but thought that number might not be accurate, as the vocations seem to just pour in and Chiquitunga said somewhere on VS that the site is updated annually.

They are definitely over-capacity again. Actually, the numbers reported there are about right - totalling 34, (last number I heard was 33).

Edited by truthfinder

last I heard Elysburg is at 20 (edit: although perhaps 21 now according to that site) also, the religiousministries site just recently updated their numbers. they replied to an email of mine once that they update it every September. I noticed several new things too, like Kensington being listed. also the Prioress in Iron Mt is now Mother Jacinta Maria, who was previously Novice Mistress, a great religious!! so sweet!

Edited by Chiquitunga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qe7UfWKSBc

to save anyone the time who, like me, might be anxious to skip ahead and see if you can see any of the nuns at Holy Communion blush.gif they skip that, fast forward to 1:02. but it's nice to hear them singing 

:harp:

graciandelamadrededios

They are definitely over-capacity again. Actually, the numbers reported there are about right - totalling 34, (last number I heard was 33).

Traditionally, the Discalced Carmelite Nuns has 21 members per monastery, however, they can received aspirants in view of a new foundation.

Probably, they are thinking for founding another monastery?

Traditionally, the Discalced Carmelite Nuns has 21 members per monastery, however, they can received aspirants in view of a new foundation.

Probably, they are thinking for founding another monastery?

It sounds like they are thinking about it.

graciandelamadrededios

It sounds like they are thinking about it.

St. Teresa originally just wanted 13 Nuns but she increased the numbers to 21 including the lay sisters.

Having more than 21 sisters in a Carmelite Monastery contravenes what is stipulated in the current constitutions of Nuns (1990 and 1991), so it would seem that this community might have been asked to found a new Carmel.

yes, they are planning a new foundation :like: it is not a mystery to know this simply because of their numbers now, but also I heard it from a couple sources including a priest who knows them, but I have no idea this time about the location :detective:

Edited by Chiquitunga

Can someone who feels called or has discerned with a cloistered community that uses Latin extensively share how this impacts your experience of prayer in the religious life? I hope I am expressing myself clearly-I feel I might be making little sense!

Obviously many feel more comfortable and prayerful praying the Office, etc in the vernacular, but I would appreciate the experience of those who feel drawn to the Latin. Thank you!