An Old School Catholic Message Board

Applying

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi All! Thanks for the prayers! Everything went wonderfully!
I got more papers to fill out for the psychological evaluation and 4 books to read about St. Francis, Mother Theresia Bonzel (foundress), Chastity, and religious life in general. I have my work cut out for me!
Also, the sisters updated their website bigtime! Take a look [url="http://www.ssfpa.org"]HERE[/url]!

Welcome back, you were in the thoughts and prayers of many this weekend! Hoping it is smooth sailing for you from here on as you move closer to postulancy. I took a peek at the updated website, and it is good! Let us know when you receive your acceptance--how many others are entering this year?

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='stlmom' post='1273308' date='May 14 2007, 04:23 PM']Welcome back, you were in the thoughts and prayers of many this weekend! Hoping it is smooth sailing for you from here on as you move closer to postulancy. I took a peek at the updated website, and it is good! Let us know when you receive your acceptance--how many others are entering this year?[/quote]
Thank you for the prayers! :) There is one other for sure that is entering with me, but there is a potential for 4 postulants total this year. Please pray!

[quote name='Rose_of_Sharon' post='1273336' date='May 14 2007, 04:46 PM']:D: :dancer1: :dancer2: :applause: :kicking: :twothumbsup: I am so happy for you congrats[/quote]
Thanks!

be_thou_my_vision

I have dates for my phone interview and my psychological evaluation! Praise God!
I will have my phone interview with Sister Marysia, RSM who will be doing my psychological evaluation. I don't know what we will talk about over the phone, but oh well. This will be June 7th at 3pm, central time.
My psychological evaluation is scheduled for June 18th. I have to take a couple of days off of work because I have to drive to Mishawaka, then Sister Lois and I will travel up to Alma to see Sister Marysia at the Religious Sisters of Mercy. She is a psychiatrist and she does all of the psychological evaluations for my community.
Sister Lois was surprized that Sister Marysia was open so early... most of the time we have to wait at lease a month after calling to get an appointment, but June 7th is only in a couple of weeks! This is a good thing because I am nervous for this step! Eeek!

After the psychological evaluation stuff is finished, I will come back home and Sister Lois and I will meet again to discuss the outcome of the evaluation. I will then meet with the Sister Treasurer of the community to discuss financial stuff. I don't really know what that means, but I will find out! I will also be fitted for my postulant's habit! Yeah!

After that step, all I have left is the final acceptance interview, which will again, take place on a seperate visit.
I can't believe how much I have already grown with this journey. I am so glad that my community has a candidacy because I already feel more prepared for postulancy... :)

Lots of prayers comin' yer way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big ole word called TRUST!

God Love You!

Allie

be_thou_my_vision

Sisters of St. Francis of Perpetual Adoration. Their online, check it out... ssfpa.org.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='stlmom' post='1232593' date='Apr 6 2007, 04:38 PM']Jenny, thanks for starting this thread. I believe you are applying to a very fine community, and I think your giving them some exposure here on PM might prompt others to give them a second look. I really enjoyed the video they did a while back of the "Rappin' Nuns"! Hopefully they will update their website to reflect the growth in their novitiate! God bless and have a glorious Easter![/quote]

I met a couple of them at a vocation fair some years back, they are really a cool bunch.

:)

God Bless you on your journey!

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1261840' date='May 1 2007, 02:35 PM']Sister Lois sent me a tentative entrance date: September 9th! This is the day they have had the postulants enter the past couple of years, and it seems to work really well. So that will probably be the day!!!![/quote]

Wow! September 9 - that's the day after the Blessed Mother's Birthday - yeahh :)

sr betsy

• 2 weeks later...
be_thou_my_vision

I had a dream the other night that I received the habit and the name Sister Judith Mary... I thought it was funny because I NEVER dream about religious life or nuns!

My psychological evaluation in in TWO WEEKS!!!! EEEK!

You'll do fine! It is nothing to worry about seriously! I wouldn't stress over the psychological evaluation if I were you.....it is nothing too big...trust me!