An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has Thunderduckgrl1 Asked You For Homework Help?

Anastasia13

Anastasia13

I want to find out how many people she had been asking for help. Please post here if she has asked you. I also made a thread where we can ask her to post her questions if we can't help her when she asks.

[url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=66573"]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=66573[/url]

RezaMikhaeil

She didn't just ask me for mathhelp but enlgish help too. She also told me that she just surfs phatmass but doesn't have an account.

Reza

Proud2BCatholic139

I keep telling her I am not good in Math, which I am not. I feel bad, but sometimes, I can't help!

She asks me for math and english help. I feel badly because usually I'm on my way out and can't help her :(

I helped her out with some English help but got the feeling she expected me to write it for her.

littleflower+JMJ

S/he asked me, along with others who post here, for homework help in the past. :detective:

personally, I would be wary of anyone who has the time to collect through our profiles/posts screen names for messenger, adds all of us and wants homework help on numerous subjects but doesn't ever want to sign up on the board, even when asked by everyone to do so. :mellow:

fyi: S/he been doing this for several years now.

littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='-I---Love' post='1236018' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:22 AM']If she doesn't have an account then how did she ask you? You can't pm someone w/out an account can you?[/quote]

s/he asks phatmassers through IM by getting any screen names s/he finds on here, i'm guessing through our profiles.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Staretz' post='1236017' date='Apr 9 2007, 09:12 AM']I helped her out with some English help but got the feeling she expected me to write it for her.[/quote]
:yes:

JMJ
4/9 - Easter Monday

S/he asked me, and seemed irritated when I told him/her that I don't do people's homework. Heck, I hardly do my own - how can I do someone else's? :lol_roll:

wow!

i thought it was just me. she's IMed me for math homework.

Unforetunatly shes not very nice about it. She only cares about getting her HW done and not about you. And it can be an everyday occurance. I tried to help her in a way where i just didnt give her the answers, but made her come to the answers herself (you know, teach). but eventually just had to tell her that she was being rude. She hasnt IMd me back

I tried not to judge her in any form (like i dont wanna call her a slacker), like maybe she just doesnt understand it at all. But im not afraid to tell a person they are being inconsiderate and rude.

homeschoolmom

yeah, it's one thing to politely ask if it might be okay to request a little help.... it's completely another thing to rudely demand that someone give you answers to their homework....

And... And.... it's nice when someone does help you... that you thank them. Hint, hint.... I have helped other pmers with schoolwork (and homeschool information) only to never get a thank you...

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Staretz' post='1236017' date='Apr 9 2007, 07:12 AM']I helped her out with some English help but got the feeling she expected me to write it for her.[/quote]

That's right, She'd once asked me to help her with various types of sentences, and after I'd gave her an example, told her how to do it, she still expected me to practically write the whole paper for her... so what did I do? Simple, I told her that I wasn't going to write it for her and blocked her from my AIM.

Reza

[quote name='RezaLemmyng' post='1236067' date='Apr 9 2007, 12:14 PM']That's right, She'd once asked me to help her with various types of sentences, and after I'd gave her an example, told her how to do it, she still expected me to practically write the whole paper for her... so what did I do? Simple, I told her that I wasn't going to write it for her and blocked her from my AIM.

Reza[/quote]

Thats what I ended up doing. I figured out one sentence for her and then decided enough was enough and blocked her for a while. apparently she's in university.