An Old School Catholic Message Board

Has Thunderduckgrl1 Asked You For Homework Help?

Anastasia13

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Ah, this brings back old memories. She asked me several times and I was pretty patient with her. All math stuff. The problem was that she never seemed to want to learn the material, just get her homework done. If she really was at a University, I feel bad because the math problems she was asking me were at a 7th grade level. Granted, she may have spent many years at a government school so the fact that she never learned it may not totally be her fault. I finally got annoyed with her and blocked her after she never seemed to learn anything. And mind you I have a lot of patience helping students out. I once helped a football player get through Statics in college, granted he was pretty smart for a football player.

As a side note, I am almost absolutely [i]positive[/i] she told me she was homeschooled and in high school. She didn't say anything about university, like she has told other PM'ers.

I don't know how "bots" work, but it seems strange that she IM's so many people and if you can't help her, she wants you to give her [i]other[/i] people's information. I told her it was rude to ask for other people's information because that's an invasion of privacy. But anyway, she hasn't done anything inappropriate besides being upset when I can't help her.

As a side note, I am almost absolutely [i]positive[/i] she told me she was homeschooled and in high school. She didn't say anything about university, like she has told other PM'ers.

I don't know how "bots" work, but it seems strange that she IM's so many people and if you can't help her, she wants you to give her [i]other[/i] people's information. I told her it was rude to ask for other people's information because that's an invasion of privacy. But anyway, she hasn't done anything inappropriate besides being upset when I can't help her.

Anastasia13

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1238271' date='Apr 10 2007, 09:10 PM']As a side note, I am almost absolutely [i]positive[/i] she told me she was homeschooled and in high school. She didn't say anything about university, like she has told other PM'ers.

I don't know how "bots" work, but it seems strange that she IM's so many people and if you can't help her, she wants you to give her [i]other[/i] people's information. I told her it was rude to ask for other people's information because that's an invasion of privacy. But anyway, she hasn't done anything inappropriate besides being upset when I can't help her.[/quote]
She said this semester that she is in University. I thought maybe she was a freshman in remedial classes or something. I got that pathos, ethos, logos thing as one of my first questions from her. She wanted me to help her or find her some help for a paper on Martin Luther King Jr. using a movie about him that I had no recolection of hearing about.

Maybe she is a freshman in with bad freshman habits some sort of thing going on where she isn't doing well. Whatever the cause though, she should change that in her life. She is responsible for her work, not us. I am not going to spend time IMing ever single person on my list asking help for her. I am functionally an only child and my math friends don't use IM much if at all.

i just feel really compelled to again remind us to - although we may be frustrated - be charitable and loving. :idontknow:

homeschoolmom

But I'm sure there are homework help sites out there that would be much better than asking random PMers to do her trig for her....

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1238700' date='Apr 11 2007, 11:36 AM']Yeah if she is homeschooled, she might not have anybody around that can help her.[/quote]

She told me that she takes classes, and yet she cannot get help from parents, teachers, or fellow students (I asked her about all three).

[quote name='hsmom']But I'm sure there are homework help sites out there that would be much better than asking random PMers to do her trig for her....[/quote]

I've referred her to these, and she still wants me to go on them myself and figure out the answers :huh:

[quote name='stuckinamo']i just feel really compelled to again remind us to - although we may be frustrated - be charitable and loving.[/quote]

I don't really notice anyone being uncharitable, just stating the facts and trying to figure out what's going on.

Edited by Totus Tuus

wow! I thought i was the only one too! She used to IM me all the time and it sounded like she wanted me to do the work for her. I sorry if it sounds mean, but it go to the point where i blocked her IM's. I have my plenty of my own homework to keep me busy as it is.

[quote name='Proud2BCatholic139' post='1236418' date='Apr 9 2007, 04:37 PM']What's your favorite memory of this "person"

Mine was, "Hey do you know Pathos, Logos, and Ethos? I need to apply it to the Martin Luther King Speech." I'm like, "Yeah, I just studied this subject. And this person didn't know where to look for it, I gave this person the definitions and they said, "I don't know how to find it! Can you do it for me?" I said, "No, but I can help."

Imagine this, this person never sleeps huh? They are constantly doing homework? :fish: to me.[/quote]

Yea. She asked me about citations for the Martin Luther King Speech. Like I said before she got really mad when I told her that I didn't have all the answers. She also asked me something about pathos, logos, and ethos. :shrugs:

[quote name='Totus Tuus' post='1238270' date='Apr 11 2007, 12:10 AM']As a side note, I am almost absolutely [i]positive[/i] she told me she was homeschooled and in high school. She didn't say anything about university, like she has told other PM'ers.

I don't know how "bots" work, but it seems strange that she IM's so many people and if you can't help her, she wants you to give her [i]other[/i] people's information. I told her it was rude to ask for other people's information because that's an invasion of privacy. But anyway, she hasn't done anything inappropriate besides being upset when I can't help her.[/quote]

She told me that she was a senior in high school and her teacher gave her all the directions because they were conflicting with what I told her.

Heh, she asked me just now on graphing variables, but my network kicked me off AIM. For what I pay in tuition, I'd like higher than 56k or below speeds most of the time...

• 3 weeks later...

Add me to the list of unhelpful people--math and I is like the blind leading the blind...

thunderduckgrl1: hey
R E I N N I E R: hi
thunderduckgrl1: can u help me on the 6 probs i have left to do
R E I N N I E R: what problem?
thunderduckgrl1: x+9/4x-36 - x-9/xsquared-18x+81
R E I N N I E R: don't know
thunderduckgrl1: u know anyone who could help its gonna be on a test tomm
R E I N N I E R: ask darvon
thunderduckgrl1: whats the screen name is she or he on/.
thunderduckgrl1: ?
R E I N N I E R: DarvonMJGB
R E I N N I E R: she
thunderduckgrl1: is she on
R E I N N I E R: yup
thunderduckgrl1: anyone else she did not knoe
R E I N N I E R: don't know
thunderduckgrl1: anyone on ur list who could help