An Old School Catholic Message Board

Belinda's Update.

bmb144

Hi everyone, :)

I went looking for my old thread but its gone, so I thought I would post briefly and let you know whats happening.

Those of you who have seen my thread in transmud know that I have walked away both from Catholicism and Christianity. This was not an easy choice, but after much healing and counselling I am whole and very happy.

I am now a member of an Egyptian church and serve one of the Goddesses of Egypt, my divine Mum Bast. I am choosing not to give the correct name of the church out of respect to you all here.

I have started the long walk toward priesthood [yes women are ordained], in order to live the call on my life.
I am still on leave from my theology studies and will be starting them again next year after I change colleges. Yes, they are very important to Bast and there is another one of my sisters in the church that is studying theology also.

I want to say I really care for all of you and I'm here to cheer you all on and be whatever support I can be. :D:

Yours in love,
Belinda

cathoholic_anonymous

It will be lovely to have you around again, Belinda. :) I hope you can still provide encouragement and inspiration to the people in Vocation Station.

In return, I will continue to pray for your healing. I look forward to the day when you are friends with God again.

Totus Tuus

I'm happy you're back, Belinda, and I will pray for your continued healing and reconciliation with Our Lord.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Oh, Belinda, this is such a shock! I had no idea.

How could you walk away from Him who is the Truth, who is all life, happiness and joy!

Unlike the others who have responded to your post, I am NOT happy for you! I'm grieved. Not angry but grieved for you that you could choose nothing over the God who made you to share in the inner Life of God who is ONE in Three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Your goddness is nothing more than something in your mind, not the true God who loves you! How do I know that He loves you? Because you wouldn't be able to stay in existence for one second if He didn't love you! Even the pagan philosophers of Greece came to the knowledge that there is only one God.

I will be praying for you that you will walk back into the heart of Christ.

Sr. Mary Catharine

Totus Tuus

[quote name='Sr. Mary Catharine' post='1269929' date='May 10 2007, 10:18 AM']Oh, Belinda, this is such a shock! I had no idea.

How could you walk away from Him who is the Truth, who is all life, happiness and joy!

Unlike the others who have responded to your post, I am NOT happy for you! I'm grieved. Not angry but grieved for you that you could choose nothing over the God who made you to share in the inner Life of God who is ONE in Three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Your goddness is nothing more than something in your mind, not the true God who loves you! How do I know that He loves you? Because you wouldn't be able to stay in existence for one second if He didn't love you! Even the pagan philosophers of Greece came to the knowledge that there is only one God.

I will be praying for you that you will walk back into the heart of Christ.

Sr. Mary Catharine[/quote]

Agreed, Sister, entirely.

And to clarify [i]my[/i] post, I am not happy for Belinda. I am simply happy that she is back on Phatmass :) I think it may be a good influence for bringing her back to Our Lord.

philosophette

I am glad that you are back on PM, but I do hope for you that you will find all that your heart is longing for, which is Jesus. I hope that you will be drawn back to him!

Belinda:

I'm praying for true healing for you ... healing that comes only from the Love that comes from the Triune God that we as Catholic Christians worship (God the Father the Creator, Jesus Christ His son and the Savior, and the Holy Spirit who guides our hearts to the Truth).

Also praying for Mama Maria's intercession.

-- Carmen

I just read your old post so I see what your problems with the Church are. I'll keep you in prayer. It looks like they are problems of faith, trusting that God is leading the Church, and also perhaps problems with those who are in the Church but not as loving as you would hope. Somehow I don't think the Egyptian church and the goddess are going to satisfy the longings of your heart either. Perhaps for the moment but not for eternity...

+

I hope you bring your questions to Q & A and Transmundane Lane.

Keep looking for truth and you will end-up at Catholicism, so I do not fear for you. However, I am saddened because you will suffer much on this "quest". The Angel of Darkness disguises himself as light, but the "happiness" found in newness that is from the Evil One will soon disappear and there will be very, very hard times. And yet, Christ will be waiting for you to begin pouring-out your heart to Him so that He can heal you. Be careful, guard yourself, use your mind. Prayers.

[quote name='Veritas' post='1270835' date='May 11 2007, 12:49 AM']+

I hope you bring your questions to Q & A and Transmundane Lane.

Keep looking for truth and you will end-up at Catholicism, so I do not fear for you. However, I am saddened because you will suffer much on this "quest". The Angel of Darkness disguises himself as light, but the "happiness" found in newness that is from the Evil One will soon disappear and there will be very, very hard times. And yet, Christ will be waiting for you to begin pouring-out your heart to Him so that He can heal you. Be careful, guard yourself, use your mind. Prayers.[/quote]

+

p.s. All have hard times, all have tragedy in their lives -look at Christ. No religion, philsophy, or worldview in the universe will save you from that. However, look at the Church again, these questions you have about women, abortion, birth control, authority -they have answers. Logical, cohesive, loving, amazing, brilliant, beyond the creation of man answers. Read Church documents. Don't go second hand. Read Humanae Vitae, Mulieris Dignitatem, etc. Read Ratzinger's "On Conscience" go to the Catechism. Read GK Chesterton's "Orthodoxy" and John Henry Cardinal Newman's "Development of Doctrine" and for your soul, read Eugene Boylan's "This Tremendous Lover". God allows those whom he loves to suffer. Anyone who has given their suffering to the Lord will tell you they wouldn't take it back because they have seen how it has transformed them and their families. A few months ISN'T enough time. You are hearting and in pain... it is okay! Things WILL get better and God will bless you like you wouldn't believe for sticking with Him through all of this. He is teaching you to rely on Him alone! Do you have any idea what freedom and hope there is in that? What peace and joy? God requires faithfullness of us, and He will be faithful back. DON'T GIVE UP! LET HIM CARRY YOU! He wants to transform you, your hopes and desires, into what is beautiful, pure, and holy. REMEMBER, this is not about getting what you want, it's becoming who you were created to be -don't let the world drag you down! WAIT on the Lord. Ask Him, tell Him and wait. But, don't put ultimatums on the Lord, HE has view. We only have a point of view. Wouldn't you want someone with the whole picture leading you? It's not too late to turn back to Him. While you live, it is NEVER too late.

Edited by Veritas