An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vatican's Chief Exorcist Repeats Condemnation Of Harry Potter Nove

saint_wannabe

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Ora et Labora' post='1334182' date='Jul 18 2007, 06:49 PM']I think some, even you in to a certain extent, are taking the discussion of a book a lil too seriously. Some are aloud to disagree with the Exorcist, but I do agree with you when you say we should take his words into serious consideration.
God bless,
Kristina[/quote]

Well thank you for agreeing in part, yet I do not believe I am taking it too seriously because if someone believes something is satanic or part of the occult, as I do, and they see millions playing with that, they should take it very very seriously as I have. I have not said that those that read the books will go to hell, what I have said is it could help lead one to hell. That is true and this is the danger of things satanic or part of the occult, even if it sounds silly.

cmotherofpirl

No one here has the right to question the faith of another Catholic because of a disagreement on such a non-issue.

Anything can lead you to hell if you try hard enough.
If you can't handle reading HP, don't buy the book. And if you haven't read it, do you really have the right to have an opinion?

KnightofChrist

I do not question the faith anyone has in Our Blessed Lord. I only state the reality if the book is indeed influenced by the occult, or the devil. It endangers the soul to read books influenced by the occult, or the devil, theres no doubt about that. If the reality is the book is not influenced by the occult, or the devil theres nothing to worry about.

Moral relativism fogs our minds so these days, such a book in the times of Augustine, or Thomas Aquinas would have been condemned by the faithful as been influenced by the occult, or the devil as the Pope and Fr. Amorthe have done today, and not because they where so happy on witch burning but because they did not have the fog of Moral relativism in their eyes as we do today.

We let so many things go these days, that we should not. The "its no big deal" is a big deal.

KnightofChrist

And yes I have read the first book, it was part of my research into the occult, wiccaism, and satanism. The book had many similarities from what I recall between all three. The reason I have not brought this up and do not at all like to speak about it is because the reason behind the research was to find out why my friend committed suicide, by means that would no doubt be too graphic to explain in detail but she attempted to rid herself of her wiccan pentagram on her left hand.

I concluded that it was of course a great depression but that was caused by falsehoods in her new found false faith Wiccaism. She began down that path innocently enough reading books like Potter, and even Potter itself the first one, she had no one to guide her at the time I myself was a fallen away Catholic, she began dressing differently and got more and more in to what I guess one could call "cute" white magic witchy things... still seemly innocent, dress, posters, her one little writings... but then slowly at first turned darker and darker, dropped her faith in Christ, and turn to wicca which I believe to be satan which I can prove, anyway, she quickly began to change from happy go lucky to sad bitter, and mean... anyway I dont feel like talking about this anymore...

I know this will not be the case for all, not all will go that far, perhaps very few but potter and things like potter can do, and have caused grave harm to children and young teenagers, yourng girls seem to be the most endanger... and I would add Christians who have not yet fully developed their faith in Our Blessed Lord.

The books and things like them are dangerous, they are a box marked marked explosives.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Ora et Labora

I don't think any of these Harry Potter threads have ended with a very good conclusion, have they? I do appreciate what KnightofChrist has posted. I am glad to know the opinion of the Exorcist of Rome on the books of Harry Potter. It's a good thing to know. I would listen to this man with open ears anytime, since he definitely would know more about it then any of us here on PM.

Thanks for posting it. :)

cmotherofpirl

Anything can lead you to hell if you try hard enough. Personally I think the evening news is far more dangerous than simple entertaining fantasy.

:bump:

:ninja:

I found this little piece of news today:

[url="http://blog.theosera.com/spirituality/at-mexico-conference-exorcism-experts-not-harry-potter-fans.htm"][b][color="#FF0000"]At Mexico conference, exorcism experts not Harry Potter fans[/color][/b][/url]

saint_wannabe

exorcists are like doctors of the soul. they know what their talking about and i think we should listen to them. remember the time when they said smoking wasn't harmful and everyone was smoking including the kids, and they all believed it was harmless until they experienced the harmful effects of it for them selfs.
in the same way i think some of you will realize this once it hits closer to home.
not to offend anyone just saying.

p.s. has this thread convinced anyone otherwise or no? and if no why?

saint_wannabe

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1335330' date='Jul 19 2007, 10:00 PM']nope ... I'm still planning to buy Book 7 at midnight tomorrow.
I've stated all my reasons. :)[/quote]

i think i've given up on reading all together lol :lol:

I refuse to suscribe to anything that people are overly freaky for. Why mess with anything questionable????? Its "good" because it makes children read????????? That's crazy talk! Kids are motivated by the hype! I have a hard time believing that an author as strange as this can produce anything worth my time. I really do not care that there are people are out there saying that they are" harmless" and" I can read them and it hurts nothing"
Sing your merry song down that wide road baby! I myself CHOOSE to refrain from what I know to be slippery. JC

[quote name='Terra Firma' post='1335330' date='Jul 19 2007, 09:00 PM']nope ... I'm still planning to buy Book 7 at midnight tomorrow.
I've stated all my reasons. :)[/quote]

mine shipped!! :lol_roll: should be here sat. morning :yahoo: thats actually good, cuz otherwise, i wouldn't go to bed friday nite until i finished it!

You see what I mean! " Overly freaky for...".......no thank you! :book:

Edited by jckinsman

KnightofChrist

Some Parallels between Potter and Wicca, or the occult

[quote]"Chocolate Frogs have cards inside them, you know, to collect - famous
witches and wizards. I've got about five hundred....Ron was more
interested in eating the frogs than looking at the famous Witches and
Wizards cards, but Harry couldn't keep his eyes off them. Soon he had not
only Dumbledore and Morgana, but Hengis of Woodcroft, Alberic,
Grunnion, Circe, Paracelsus, and Merlin. He finally tore his eyes away
from the druidess Cliodna, who was scratching her nose..." (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone pg. 102, 103)[/quote]

Cliodna was Bird goddess of the afterlife and daughter of the druid Gebann who can take the form of a sea-wave or wren, she is still known in wiccan and occultist circles.

Circe was a greek queen goddess or sometimes nymph or sorceress who turned people into swine, she also is still known in wiccan and occultist circles.

Paracelsus (1493 - 1541) was a alchemist or sorcerer, known for alternative healings, ceremonial magick, and alchemy.

[quote]"Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard
Grindlewald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's
blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel '!...'Nicolas Flamel,' she whispered dramatically, 'is
the only known maker of the Sorcerer's stone!'...She pushed the book
toward them, and Harry and Ron read: The ancient study of alchemy is
concerned with making the Sorcerer's Stone...the only Stone currently in
existence belongs to Mr. Nicolas Flamel, the noted alchemist...Mr. Flamel,
who celebrated his six hundred and sixty-fifth birthday last year, enjoys
a quiet life..." (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone pg. 219, 220)[/quote]

Nicolas Flamel (c 1330-1417) was a alchemist or sorcerer, and bookseller. His "age" at the time of the first release of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone was around 666 years.

---------------------
Parallels between Wicca and Satan

The Names of the deities of Wicca that are common to that of Satan...

Lucifer, Lucifera (female version "Diana"), lucifuge ("correct" spelling of lucifer), Horned One, the monster of old, Lord of the shadows, shaitan ("correct" spelling of satan)

From, Aradia: Gospel of the Witches (originally published 1899), one of Wicca's major sources.

"Diana greatly loved her brother Lucifer, the god of the Sun and of the Moon, the god of Light, who was so proud of his beauty, and who for his pride was driven from Paradise."

Now an wiccan may say this "lucifer" is not the one of the bible, yet this statement that Lucifer was "driven from Paradise" for his "pride" is clearly a reference of the Bible's (ISAIAH 14:12) and (Ezekiel 28:15-17).

ISA 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
EZE 28:15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.
EZE 28:17 Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground.

From the book "Lectures On Alexandrian Wicca Witchcraft"

"It is virtually impossible to understand the witch-cult without first comprehending the position of the deities of the wicca. The god, whose name is a closely-guarded secret, but who was called in general the "horned one," was known to his Christian contemporaries as the "devil." which was called by them satan (more correctly shaitan), lucifer (more correctly lucifuge--"the light-bringer"), beelzebub and other names appropriate to the devil of the Scriptures, with whom they identify him."

Now this says something compelety different than Wicca is not Satan, it is a statement that the Church believed Wicca to be Satan. So, who we believe to be Satan is Wicca.

"The general accepted symbol of the left-handed path is the inverted triangle, called the triangle of darkness, symbolic of the Christian darkness, and it is passed on to this day among the initiates that it was a certainty in the old days that the people of the Right-Hand path feared this dark knowledge."

"When the brotherhood of light and darkness realized that the whole world was to be engulfed in a world castrophe---that of the great flood---they consulted in unity to discuss the preservation of the mysteries. After many disagreements,the Council of Light and Darkness combined their symbology. As a result, the two triangles were interlaced to form a set pattern which has been handed down to the present day as the six-pointed star."

Noahs flood?

"Aradia, in her quest of knowledge, witched to pass by the gates of the lord of death. After having traveled many miles, she found at last the entrance to the Netherlands and the guardians that were set upon the seven gates, removed her jewels and garments, saying: "nought may ye bring with ye into this land." Naked and bound she was brought before the lord of shadows, who was lucifer, his light shrouded in darkness. He recognized her and desired her for his queen would have laid down his might and dominion for her, yet she would not have him. She, the most beautiful of all created things saw only ugliness in his dark face. Thus it was that she was taken and made to kneel to death's scourge. This scene may be seen depicted in the paintings of the villa of the mysteries of Pompeii. The pain of this chastisement opened her eyes to the truth and she knew the hidden wisdom. She perceived the veil that covered the radiance of lucifer, and seeing him to be that which she sought, they made love and were one."

"Diana was the first created before all creation. In her were all things, out of her first darkness she divided herself into darkness and light. Lucifer, her brother and son, was the light; when Diana saw that light was beautify, the light was her other self, her brother lucifer, she yearned for it with exceeding great desire, wishing to receive the light again into her darkness, to swallow it up in rapture, in delight. She trembled with desire. This desire was the dawn, but lucifer the light fled from her and would not yield to her wishes."

"In ancient times, our lord of the horned one was --as he is-- the consoler, the comforter. But men know him as the dread lord of the shadows--lonely, stern, and just. But our lady, who had never loved lucifer, the horned one, upon the earth and beneath the earth, would solve all mysteries, even the mystery of death."

I dont know what else to say, the wiccan writers have said all that needs to be said.... Wicca is who Christians believe to be the Devil, Satan, Lucifer, the monster of old.

Edited by KnightofChrist