An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Free!

Starets

the lords sheep

Wow, I can't believe it... It seems like the time has passed so quickly since you began this thread. I hope that everything will work well for you. God bless you as you begin your adjustment. You'll be in my prayers!!!

In Jesus and Mary,
Lauren

ps- Just because I'm really bad at math... when is the actual entrance day???

VeniteAdoremus

So little time left...
PP was right, you know, you should just come here if it all doesn't work out :) Although it will.

Your post made me afraid I'll be Sr. Sanctimoniousgit someday... :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this is it. Two more sleeps and I am on my way. My plane is scheduled to leave at 6:42AM Wednesday March 26, EDT. It should be in Chicago by about 8:30 and then I get to Albuquerque by 1PM MDT. The forecast is for variable cloudiness in Ottawa, chicago, and ABQ for that day. that sounds good.

I do believe I am ready to start "Embracing the Desert". I must admit to some "opening night jitters" as well. The abbot's daily reflections on the Rule have been emphasizing that it is a demanding prayer life and a demanding life overall. But it is also a life that can build strong monks.

PP, thanks for the offer of coming to the Netherlands, but, I think I'll stick to countries where I know the language ;)
VA, the best way to avoid being Sr. Sanctimoniousgit, OP, is to learn compassion and humility in equal measure to the intricacies of theology, orthodoxy, and orthopraxy.

God's peace to you all :monk:

[quote name='Staretz' post='1482987' date='Mar 24 2008, 11:13 AM']Well, this is it. Two more sleeps and I am on my way. My plane is scheduled to leave at 6:42AM Wednesday March 26, EDT. It should be in Chicago by about 8:30 and then I get to Albuquerque by 1PM MDT. The forecast is for variable cloudiness in Ottawa, chicago, and ABQ for that day. that sounds good.

I do believe I am ready to start "Embracing the Desert". I must admit to some "opening night jitters" as well. The abbot's daily reflections on the Rule have been emphasizing that it is a demanding prayer life and a demanding life overall. But it is also a life that can build strong monks.

PP, thanks for the offer of coming to the Netherlands, but, I think I'll stick to countries where I know the language ;)
VA, the best way to avoid being Sr. Sanctimoniousgit, OP, is to learn compassion and humility in equal measure to the intricacies of theology, orthodoxy, and orthopraxy.

God's peace to you all :monk:[/quote]
========================================
====================

CONGRATULATIONS STARETZ. God goes before you, always.

Thanks for being part of this phorum, Staretz, you said many good and true things here and you represented the Benedictine perspective well.

Deus te Amat

May God's blessings line your way. I will miss you, dear uncle, and I shall be praying for you often in the years to come. Please don't forget me.

:bighug: