An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Diocese Doesn't Want Me

catholicinsd

[quote name='catholicinsd' post='1365671' date='Aug 21 2007, 02:23 PM']I just got a Letter from the Assitant VD of my diocese, and they don't want me. That's all.[/quote]

Oh :( Keep trying my friend. God does not forgot those whom he calls. Have faith. I will pray for you :)

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='FrCorey' post='1618430' date='Aug 5 2008, 07:35 PM']I also say, don't give up! I hate to say it, but the romans are not the only catholic group on the block. there are many other in commuion groups in catholicism. I started with a independent catholic group and now our group is in line to merge into full commuion with rome. and we are a lutheran group. the holy father has asked for us to finally come back home after a long long time.
and they only ask we follow the roman rites and rules and laws, but we are 100% valid and don't have to go back to seminary or get reordained. and we are from the Carlos Duarta Costa lines.
once said to be cast out from rome because of bishops not listening to the popes orders. now we
are forgiven for what our bishops did a long time ago and asked to come home. so, what I mean is don't ever give up. if GOD is truly calling you that feeling will never leave your heart. God Bless![/quote]

Er... wait... I'm confused... are you saying people should leave the Church (I thought you are converting TO the Church?) or are you suggesting they stick with the vocation process through all the ups and downs and they might find an order suited to them? :wacko: Sorry if I'm completely misconstruing what you are saying, my brain is a little fuzzy tonight.

Guest KevinSymonds

[quote name='Lilllabettt' post='1618613' date='Aug 5 2008, 08:25 PM']That's all I had. I went to one of the most expensive schools in the country (George Washington University) but its very well endowed. I got a lot of need-based grants and academic scholarships from the institution, and I also held down a couple of work study jobs ... all together, I was able to get 5 semesters under my belt with only 5 grand in loans.

The upside of the whole thing is that I have 3 semesters to finish, and I get to re-start debt free.

Don't worry, it's not such a terrible tragedy. I'm just a bit of a drama queen.
No, really, it is quite crummy. But I'm trying to have a sense of humour about it.[/quote]

Lilllabettt,
-Peace be with you! Again, I am saddened to hear what you went through. I would, on the other side, like to offer you something for your thoughts. I know of people who are upwards of $100,000 in college debt and looking to be priests or religious.

-In 2001, I worked at Blockbuster Video for 2 months. During that time, I lived at home and slaved myself out to my job so that I could make enough money to attend Steubenville's semester abroad program in Austria. In the 2 months that I was there, I made $3,300 at $7.75 p/h. That was after signing up for every overnight shift, working five days a week, taking someone else's shift that couldn't make it, and dealing with the public, which, I shudder to think, can be a terrible experience (reflecting upon mine) if one does not know how to handle it.

-Basically, I ate and slept at the videostore. My mom told me to slow down but I kept telling her how important it was to me that I attended the Austrian program. She relented against her better judgment. Even a co-worker of mine at the videostore once asked me, "Dude, you are like, here, for every overnight shift. Why?" My response to him was, "You'll understand when I send you a postcard from Austria telling you how much fun I'm having."

-What fun I did have and I do not regret the experience. The wisdom that comes with age has helped me to look back, even on the bad parts, and just laugh at it all. I remember the traveling, the people (especially meeting the Eastern European Catholics and the exposure to the Byzantine tradition), the sights....oh the sights! I was able to stay right at the guesthouse of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy in Poland. I walked the same grounds that St. Faustyna walked!

-The moral of the story: There is light at the end of the tunnel. We all have our crosses and I certainly do not mean to belittle any one else's experience. What I offer is perspective and hope. May I practice what I preach.

[i]In pacem, benedicamus Domino[/i]!
-Kevin Symonds