An Old School Catholic Message Board

Techno = Satan

Monoxide

What makes techno music so satanic?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robbing peter to pay paul... stealing from your neighbour to feed your children... using aborted children to try and cure cancer

-monoxide

Edited by Monoxide

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 10:27 AM']You folks are obviously too far along down the sinful line of technoism. Cut the ad-hominem and take a good look at yourself. Are you living the Christian-calling? Instead of intoxicating yourself with rhythms designed with sinful foundations why not attempt to do something more constructive with your meagre life?

Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

Sure marching isn't bad, and neither is saluting - nor is even saying 'Ave or Hail'. However were one of you to march around saluting the long dead dictators Adolfus Hitler and Iosif Vissiaronich, you would probably get beat up and thrown in prison. I repeat the initial marching isn't sinful, neither is saying Ave or Hail, (it better not be as we use it regularly) - it is the intention that is criminal. Even arranging a dance for the ignorant that involves the combination of the three will probably get the ignorant imprisoned.

Does this illuminate my point? I am beginning to think that you Holiest don't seem to want to look at this with an open mind.

I apologize as I do not think I am getting my point through, but I attribute this to my incomplete underderstanding of your english language. I was a late learner.

-monoxide[/quote]

God bless you, Monoxide. I'll continue to pray for you and your struggle.

[quote name='dUSt' post='1383574' date='Sep 11 2007, 01:50 PM']I do think that techno music is Satanic and I'll prove it:

1. Techno music has bass
2. If you remove the BS you're left with "as".
3. "as" spelt backwards is "sa"
4. The Titanic made a deep bass sound
5. Replace "Ti" with the "sa" in step three

Result: Techno music = satanic[/quote]

God help you, Dust. You may be beyond the help of prayers with this one. :blink:

Edited by abercius24

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383282' date='Sep 11 2007, 02:09 AM']There is nothing wrong with certain tones or even melodies.. It is the repetitive kick that has an odd effect on the human. It is called trance for a reason. It is a sort of intoxicant, actually there was a study done, and I will link it for you when I am back at my computer, that shows that when you are concious of repeating bass certain chemicals in your brain are released that are related to the fight or flight response... i'd actually have to double check, but the gist was that people were becoming conditioned to feel pleasure from the constant flow of adrenaline and seratonin or something ridiculous like that.

Either way, I have yet to see a techno rhythm with good intentions. I suspect that even you self-declared holiest of holies have 'interesting' feelings when you are proverbially 'feeling the beat'..[/quote]

"self declared holiest of the holies"? Please show me where I have ever written something as such. The simple fact that you refer to me in such a way and dogmatically delcared that any tone is ok for us to listen to has tainted your posts as half cocked and understudied. There is no way to know if tones are ok or not... but there are other things that you have posted that are a [i]little [/i]off.

Just because a beat has an effect does not mean it's a negative affect. Studies don't really mean much unless the right questions are asked and the answers are collected the correct way.

I love techno, it's aural caffine for me... wakes me up and helps me on the drive to work... Makes me happy and puts me in a good mood.... just because beats might make you arroused doesn't mean it does everyone else.

God Bless,
ironmonk

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383761' date='Sep 11 2007, 08:09 PM']I am sorry that some of you were offended.
I just get the same icky feeling when I see interesting literature in the homes of respectable Christians. Who really has any reason to have a copy of the 'Satanic Bible' or even 'Cosmopolitan'? Sure these people are not sinners, but really you shouldn't tempt it...

Ah, that is what embracing the techno is... "an occasion to sin".

tak?

-monoxide[/quote]
Maybe its an occasion of sin for you and thus you should avoid it, but it is not that way for everyone, the stuff is so boring it puts me to sleep. So unless the sin it is creating is sloth, it is not an occasion of sin to me. You really cannot judge the effect of music on other people by what it does to you.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' post='1383811' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:45 PM']Maybe its an occasion of sin for you and thus you should avoid it, but it is not that way for everyone, the stuff is so boring it puts me to sleep. So unless the sin it is creating is sloth, it is not an occasion of sin to me. You really cannot judge the effect of music on other people by what it does to you.[/quote]

:yes: I was about to make that very point. Its not an occasion of sin for everyone.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1383810' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:45 PM']I love techno, it's aural caffine for me... wakes me up and helps me on the drive to work... Makes me happy and puts me in a good mood.... just because beats might make you arroused doesn't mean it does everyone else.[/quote]

:yes: Thats exactly how I feel when listening to it. It makes me happy. Cheerful. Chipper.

[quote name='ironmonk' post='1383810' date='Sep 11 2007, 06:45 PM']I love techno, it's aural caffine for me... wakes me up and helps me on the drive to work... Makes me happy and puts me in a good mood.... just because beats might make you arroused doesn't mean it does everyone else.
God Bless,
ironmonk[/quote]

That's why I listen to it at work. The end of the night, I'm tired and the beat keeps me going until the end of the shift.

everything should be for the greater Glory of God.

And techno music can be used for good. We even have phatmassers who make techno music and do amazing stuff. I wouldn't condemn a whole genre of music based on your personal experiences.

Even if you wanted people to hear you out, you basically shut the door on your own foot when you damned us all to hell for listening to it.

I don't think WE are the ones with the closed mind.

Edited by jmjtina

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1383394' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:27 AM']Let me place technoism in a metaphor you Americans can understand.

-monoxide[/quote]

"You Americans"? You're that confident about your superior intelligence? You've spoken to all 300 million of us? I'm a geographer and I can't claim that. Yeah, I'm a Yank. So what? It's where I was born, nothing more. I got enough grief when I was in the UK. At least they were nice about it. One thing I [i]don't[/i] need is condescension from a poster who sweeps in with a superior attitude and a more-righteous-than-thou complex. I was content reading the thread until the ludicrousness began. Play fair or don't play at all.

[quote name='Jehanne d' Arc' post='1383880' date='Sep 11 2007, 09:54 PM']I actually had NO idea about that!!! wow!!! thats a little creepy!!! how can techno do that to you??[/quote]

Raves can do that to you. Raves are madness in almost every way possible.

Edited by abercius24

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382508' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:23 AM']From recent experience I have firmly come to the conclusion that techno-ish or any sort of trance music (steady repetitive sub) is straight from Satan.[/quote]

If you really want to find the truth on the subject, take a good look at disco.

Satan wants you in a white leisure suit!!! :shock:
With a shark tooth necklace and platforms!!! :shock: :shock:

Seriously, if you want to know, write Fr. Corapi.

P.S. Sub-audible frequency sound wave can cause strange harmonic resonances to the human body. I'm not talking New-Age here either. Ever have your lips go temporarily numb after hearing a certain frequency sub? I'm sure other things can be manipulated too.

P.P.S. Like all things, it depends on who's doing it and knowing the power that any given thing can produce. Some people might be in with Satan, some in for Jesus, some in for themselves, and some don't know what they are in for. Regardless, just be cautious out there, and don't get paranoid about things. Also, Satan does his best work on those who are outside of grace. That means Confession and Eucharist.

Edited by Dismas

:hijack:

[quote]So unless the sin it is creating is sloth, it is not an occasion of sin to me.[/quote]

we need to start a debate thread on whether sloth is ACTUALLY a sin. is napping really so bad? :mellow:

when you lounge around and do nothing, everyone wins :) except, maybe your employer :ninja:

/hijack

so basically its been determined that techno, pants, victims and mullets are all derivatives of satan. oh and possibly bare shoulders.

note to self :deal:

[quote name='Monoxide' post='1382508' date='Sep 10 2007, 11:23 AM']From recent experience I have firmly come to the conclusion that techno-ish or any sort of trance music (steady repetitive sub) is straight from Satan.[/quote]
People used to say this about the electric guitar and Rock 'N' Roll when it first hit the scene. It seems that any musical instrument that one plugs in or that requires electricity is spawned from Satan.

[quote]monoxide writes:As I sit here and listen to Fedde Le Grand's "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" I feel the urge to fornicate.[/quote]
I know exactly what you mean, "I'm Confessin' (That I Love You)" by Les Paul and Mary Ford used to produce the same feeling in me.

Edited by carrdero

Archaeology cat

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1383736' date='Sep 11 2007, 11:02 PM']Umm, you're Honourary UK. Now would be the time to cash that one in :)[/quote]

Well, yeah, that's the plan. I mean, I'm here for a minimum of 4 more years (hopefully longer), and I've already started saying some things with a Scouse accent (of all the accents to pick up. . .)

And yeah, techno isn't my favourite or anything, but I do like it sometimes. I'm just rather eclectic in my music tastes.