An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1427722' date='Dec 1 2007, 09:39 AM']I picked up the Simpson's game. It's awesome!!! I'm stuck on the pipes section to save Carl and Lenny.[/quote]

Hint...you need Lisa and be able to work fast ;)

BTW, I am glad you like it, I have seen so many negative reviews about it that I have no idea what people are having a problem with.

Edited by Theologian in Training

[quote name='notardillacid' post='1427704' date='Dec 1 2007, 03:37 AM']I have all the AoE games from AoE II on up. I currently am hooked on Asian Dynasties.

Starcraft and Warcraft III are both excellent RTS games.[/quote]
Nice. I have the original AoE (w/ units larger than buildings and everything), And AoE 2 w/ expansion. It's a good game, but the AI gets boring after a while. Hardest computers don't give up unless you kill ALL the villagers... gah, it's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. But if you game AoE2, maybe we can do some gamespy-ing? :D

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1427802' date='Dec 1 2007, 01:01 PM']Hint...you need Lisa and be able to work fast ;)

BTW, I am glad you like it, I have seen so many negative reviews about it that I have no idea what people are having a problem with.[/quote]

1of1 priests give the Simpsons game two thumbs up! (I don't know many priests who actually game... lawl)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Sacred Music Man' post='1427854' date='Dec 1 2007, 06:10 PM']Nice. I have the original AoE (w/ units larger than buildings and everything), And AoE 2 w/ expansion. It's a good game, but the AI gets boring after a while. Hardest computers don't give up unless you kill ALL the villagers... gah, it's like finding a needle in a haystack sometimes. But if you game AoE2, maybe we can do some gamespy-ing? :D
1of1 priests give the Simpsons game two thumbs up! (I don't know many priests who actually game... lawl)[/quote]

Most priests I know, golf. I hate golfing, but I like playing games...it just so happens that mine are virtual rather than real ;)

:D

Thanks for the advice. I'm just 36% into the game, and that surprised me. I was thinking about a short stay, but man... I'm still going strong! Plus the comedy is classic... a video game making fun of video games. I'm on the Japan board now.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1428619' date='Dec 3 2007, 02:03 PM']:D
Thanks for the advice. I'm just 36% into the game, and that surprised me. I was thinking about a short stay, but man... I'm still going strong! Plus the comedy is classic... a video game making fun of video games. I'm on the Japan board now.[/quote]

Mr. Sparkle? The only thing that annoys me is how fast some of the enemies come at you. Sometimes by the time you kill one there are 3 or 4 already pounding on you. And, don't worry about the percentage, that takes into account how many duff bottle caps, coupons, malibu stacy vouchers and what Bart collects (forgot what it is already). I think it said I had completed 65% of the game after beating it, it was because I did not collect those things as well as unlock all of the Comic Book Guy sayings. You will find the more you collect the more credit they give you. I just wanted to play the game and did not worry too much about it, but I have almost collected all of Lisa's, Marge's and Bart's. It really helped when I got family upgrades (you get those towards the end) ;)

Good luck with it!

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1429294' date='Dec 4 2007, 12:45 PM']Thanks! Now I get it. I'll probably do the same thing and go back and find the secret stuff as well.[/quote]

How far along are you?

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1430071' date='Dec 5 2007, 01:02 PM']I'm in the frozen stage with Lisa and Homer.[/quote]

Oh, I hated that one. You have to be so accurate with Homer, and those annoying bad guys (I forget were those the Sumo wrestlers)

That one was probably one of the most frustrating boards for me....you have to be accurate with an inaccurate fat Homer :)

I just beat that board last night. Man the comic book guy Sumo's were annoying as I don't know what! But I'm having a blast with the Grand Theft SCratchy board. Hilarious!!!

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1430701' date='Dec 7 2007, 12:25 PM']I just beat that board last night. Man the comic book guy Sumo's were annoying as I don't know what! But I'm having a blast with the Grand Theft SCratchy board. Hilarious!!![/quote]

It really is a fun game and hours and hours of entertainment :)

[quote name='I'm Mr. Snikkers' post='1432371' date='Dec 10 2007, 08:54 AM']3DMM (3D Movie Maker) 1995[/quote]
That's what I thought. That was a great program for its time.