An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

Yeah, that game didn't intrest me that much though. I'm saving up some dough for COD and Mass Effect... and better yet... Contra 4 for the DS.

Theologian in Training

Rock Band (an early Christmas gift) man is that game cool. When I left my cousin, his wife and their daughter were rocking out to Roxanne :)

Theologian in Training

Rock Band (my guitar is busted, need to send out for replacement :(
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2
GHIII (BTW, there is a cool FREE version of "We Three Kings" on XBL right now)
Call of Duty 4
Playground (Wii)
Kabooki (a Wii version of the popular board game)

I watched my cousin's daughter play
Mario and Sonic Olympics
Super Mario Galaxy

Can you tell they got a Wii for Christmas :)
And I had to bring my Xbox up :)

Theologian in Training

GHIII I finally beat the part I couldn't and I think it has a lot to do with Rock Band....Rock Band made me better at GHIII. I actually like Rock Band better too, great great game!

Theologian in Training

Rock Band (the guitar strum button was pushed into the stupid guitar, so now I definitely voided the warranty by taking it apart and trying to get it to work). On the upside, I did discover the problem, seems one connector is not making contact continuously the way the other one is, thereby resulting in a bad down strum but a workable up strum. I know I voided the warranty, but it was definitely more fun and definitely worth it this way. Now, I have to explain to EA why they won't be getting their post-paid box back :)

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1441005' date='Jan 1 2008, 07:31 PM']Rock Band (the guitar strum button was pushed into the stupid guitar, so now I definitely voided the warranty by taking it apart and trying to get it to work). On the upside, I did discover the problem, seems one connector is not making contact continuously the way the other one is, thereby resulting in a bad down strum but a workable up strum. I know I voided the warranty, but it was definitely more fun and definitely worth it this way. Now, I have to explain to EA why they won't be getting their post-paid box back :)[/quote]

Oooo, awesome!! Did you get the set with the drums, or just the game and guitar? Man oh man. I wanted to get it for the Xbox, but it looks like I have to get it for the PS3. Does the PS3 version have achievments like the Xbox?

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1441188' date='Jan 2 2008, 09:04 AM']Oooo, awesome!! Did you get the set with the drums, or just the game and guitar? Man oh man. I wanted to get it for the Xbox, but it looks like I have to get it for the PS3. Does the PS3 version have achievments like the Xbox?[/quote]

Yes to both :) Actually, it comes with a guitar, drums and a microphone. It is a lot of fun and even though they are similar the guitar level is different than the GHIII, even with the same song. Actually, it is due to this game that I was able to finally beat the level on GHIII I couldn't before.

EDIT: I am not sure about the achievements

So, I take it you got a PS3? ;)

Edited by Theologian in Training