An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Games Have You Played Recently?

I'm Mr. Snikkers

Theologian in Training

[quote name='gamesfanatic04' post='1442953' date='Jan 7 2008, 10:39 AM']Oh i have and there is, I love the save the citizen missions because it makes me feel like a super hero[/quote]

Yeah, that is the part that I am at now.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1441005' date='Jan 1 2008, 04:31 PM']Rock Band (the guitar strum button was pushed into the stupid guitar, so now I definitely voided the warranty by taking it apart and trying to get it to work). On the upside, I did discover the problem, seems one connector is not making contact continuously the way the other one is, thereby resulting in a bad down strum but a workable up strum. I know I voided the warranty, but it was definitely more fun and definitely worth it this way. Now, I have to explain to EA why they won't be getting their post-paid box back :)[/quote]
So if just the upstroke works, play the guitar like a bass! Two fingers flicking the trigger up. It's more effecient anyways.

[quote name='Brigid' post='1441163' date='Jan 2 2008, 02:25 AM']Dr. Mario and Tetris on SNES.

:ninja:[/quote]
Old skewl. Nice.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1441197' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:56 AM']Yes to both :) Actually, it comes with a guitar, drums and a microphone. It is a lot of fun and even though they are similar the guitar level is different than the GHIII, even with the same song. Actually, it is due to this game that I was able to finally beat the level on GHIII I couldn't before.

EDIT: I am not sure about the achievements

So, I take it you got a PS3? ;)[/quote]
I'm mad at GHIII cause of the imodesty portrayed in some of the women. grr

[quote name='carrdero' post='1441595' date='Jan 3 2008, 12:06 PM']I recently gave my father my old PS2. He had a PS1 and exclaimed that there were no more good first person shooters for it. So I brought him my PS2, bought him the Medal Of Honor series, Half Life and Serious Sam because he wanted games that were just like DOOM. Grading up to the PS2 for my father was like putting the Amish behind the wheel of a car. He returned Half Life and Serious Sam so I am playing Serious Sam.

Recently felt a bit nostalgic, so I fired up the old Dragon's Lair game to see how well I could do.

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/carrdero/Dragnlair.jpg[/img][/quote]
Haha. Great analogy about your dad. Btw, shweet arcade game, Carrdero!

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='1442506' date='Jan 5 2008, 08:39 PM']My Rock Band guitar is officially broken :(

On the upside, my mom found a gift she forgot to give me "Assasin's Creed" :)[/quote]
Hmm... I heard that there were Catholics and Muslims hired to assess the game to see if it's "offensive" in any way. Btw, I do know the plot of the game somewhat.

Theologian in Training

Sacred Music Man,

I tried fixing my guitar and in the process it stopped working :( And, I was strumming up but even that was not always accurate

With regards to GHIII, I did not even notice, I was paying more attention to the little "buttons" on the screen and making sure I hit them ;)

And, I suppose I could see Assasin's Creed possibly offensive but it is portraying a time, as I understand it, during the Crusades. A very unstable and "militant" time.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='HotRod' post='1443685' date='Jan 9 2008, 12:29 PM']ROCK BAND!!!!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v473/hardeho/joedrums007.jpg[/img][/quote]

Good luck with that stupid guitar. Be very careful with it, cause it will break on you. If you open the guitar you will see the strum button has two hooks where it looked like two rubber bands should have been placed, do yourself a favor, and put two rubber bands there, it will firm up the strum button and prevent future possible problems. It seems most everyone is having a problem with the guitar, so, if it has not happened yet, get ready :)

[quote name='carrdero' post='1441595' date='Jan 3 2008, 03:06 PM']I recently gave my father my old PS2. He had a PS1 and exclaimed that there were no more good first person shooters for it. So I brought him my PS2, bought him the Medal Of Honor series, Half Life and Serious Sam because he wanted games that were just like DOOM. Grading up to the PS2 for my father was like putting the Amish behind the wheel of a car. He returned Half Life and Serious Sam so I am playing Serious Sam.

Recently felt a bit nostalgic, so I fired up the old Dragon's Lair game to see how well I could do.

[img]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd20/carrdero/Dragnlair.jpg[/img][/quote]

I believe that they are doing another dragons lair. I think its going to be for the ds though.

I finally got Rock Band, and yes the guitar is annoying. What's more annoying is that when it breaks, I know it will, I will have to send it in and get another one shipped to me.

But I'm finally on Xbox Live folks. desertwomansc is my id. add me!!!!

Theologian in Training

[quote name='desertwoman' post='1445533' date='Jan 14 2008, 09:14 AM']I finally got Rock Band, and yes the guitar is annoying. What's more annoying is that when it breaks, I know it will, I will have to send it in and get another one shipped to me.

But I'm finally on Xbox Live folks. desertwomansc is my id. add me!!!![/quote]

Wait! Do yourself a favor, since it will break, open it up (it does not void the warranty, as far as I understand) and put rubber bands on the "hooks" that it looks like someone meant to put rubber bands on but forgot to. I guess recalling so many would have "looked bad."

I really miss being able to play this game. I think I like it better than GHIII :shock:

Right here tells you how [url="http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=774206"]http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=774206[/url]

[img]http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c37/Eddieh1979/RockBandRubberBandFix.jpg[/img]

Edited by Theologian in Training