An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Accepted!

ovenbird03

By His Grace Alone

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1440843' date='Jan 1 2008, 01:23 AM']I have about $40,000 in debt from student loans, I believe. I have to call the lenders to find out the exact amount. So yes, I have a lot.

Thank you, everyone, for the congratulations and the prayers!

I'm sorry this got posted twice...I have no idea how that happened.[/quote]
May I add my sincere congradulations to everyone else's! Don't worry...I am sure that everything will work out for you. Passionheart had student loans of around $63000, but once she was accepted to Buffalo, it disappeared within six months I believe. Be assured of my prayers for your speedy arrival to Summit!

Thanks to everyone for the prayers and congratulations! Things are moving along and I'm hoping to enter January 28th. I contacted all the loan people and found out that the loans are actually only around $28,000.00 instead of the 40k I originally thought. I'm applying to a grant program, and have asked my parish, and the pastor is asking the Knights of Columbus and Altar Rosary Society on my behalf. All of that is going well.

What ISNT going well is withdrawing from College (I've only completed 2.5 years). All of my professors and advisors are upset with me and think I'm throwing away my life, along with my family. So it is hard, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is what I should be doing, I can only pray that God bestows the grace upon them that is needed to come to terms with my departure.

PRAY for me! I'm frightened a bit of withdrawing from school since it is pretty much irreversible and renders my 80 credits useless (no other institution would accept them...they are religious studies haha). I'm trusting God, but apparently not enough to dispell the fear :)

PS- I accept donations for my loan debt :whistle:

Edited by Blessed Imelda Pray for Us

May you persevere in your vocation. This is a wonerful thing to hear...will
remember you in prayer. Pray too for Domincan orders especially Union City which may be closing from a lack of vocations. God's blessings and good luck!!!

Antoniette

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1441236' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:54 PM']Thanks to everyone for the prayers and congratulations! Things are moving along and I'm hoping to enter January 28th. I contacted all the loan people and found out that the loans are actually only around $28,000.00 instead of the 40k I originally thought. I'm applying to a grant program, and have asked my parish, and the pastor is asking the Knights of Columbus and Altar Rosary Society on my behalf. All of that is going well.

What ISNT going well is withdrawing from College (I've only completed 2.5 years). All of my professors and advisors are upset with me and think I'm throwing away my life, along with my family. So it is hard, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is what I should be doing, I can only pray that God bestows the grace upon them that is needed to come to terms with my departure.

PRAY for me! I'm frightened a bit of withdrawing from school since it is pretty much irreversible and renders my 80 credits useless (no other institution would accept them...they are religious studies haha). I'm trusting God, but apparently not enough to dispell the fear :)

PS- I accept donations for my loan debt :whistle:[/quote]

Imelda,

It gets tough at times doesn't it? You and I aren't so far apart! Well, I am older, married and with children, but I do really understand. You see, I made a choice a long time ago to be a housewife. That meant we would live very simply, no big homes, expensive vacations, clothes with designer labels...but I was more than ready for it. However, other people weren't.

Family and friends were not happy that I was "just staying around the house" as they inaccurately put it. To them this meant that I was just throwing my life away. (sound familiar??) I knew in my heart that being a housewife was right (and do-able) for me. My family fretted and fumed that I needed to know how to do something "just in case"~~translate that into just in case of divorce. Wow, that hurt. My own family didn't have enough confidence in my choices. But I stuck with it. They got over their fears.

All these years later, I'm still a housewife with teenagers and one child turning 20! I haven't regretted my choice for a moment either. I am so glad I never gave up my vocation as a housewife, even when it got really rough. These days I still get the awkward pause in a Dr. dental, or other office when I am asked "Occupation?" When I tell them, sometimes people are taken aback. One thing I have stubbornly done over the years though: If these offices print out my info and where it says "occupation" they simply put "unemployed" I always cross it out and put "Housewife" <_<

We all have our vocations Imelda. You go girl!

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1441236' date='Jan 2 2008, 11:54 AM']Thanks to everyone for the prayers and congratulations! Things are moving along and I'm hoping to enter January 28th. I contacted all the loan people and found out that the loans are actually only around $28,000.00 instead of the 40k I originally thought. I'm applying to a grant program, and have asked my parish, and the pastor is asking the Knights of Columbus and Altar Rosary Society on my behalf. All of that is going well.

Nothing is waste in God's eyes. FEAR is normal. If you don't have a little bit of fear, I would be worry. Jesus just wants your "YES" and the rest leaves it to Him. Fix your gaze on Him and you'll be amazed.

If offerings/donations are accepting, where to send it, huh???

Many blessings :)

[quote name='phivan' post='1441289' date='Jan 2 2008, 04:06 PM']Nothing is waste in God's eyes. FEAR is normal. If you don't have a little bit of fear, I would be worry. Jesus just wants your "YES" and the rest leaves it to Him. Fix your gaze on Him and you'll be amazed.

If offerings/donations are accepting, where to send it, huh???

Many blessings :)[/quote]

Anyone who wants to donate can PM me for address :)

elizabeth_jane

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1440784' date='Dec 31 2007, 10:18 PM']Woooo!

Can't believe I'm the first one to do this, but...

:taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco: :taco:

Dancing tacos, so very tasty and good for you, are in order :)

Congratulations, and keep us posted![/quote]

I second the dancing tacos, so very tasty and good for you,!
That is so wonderful!
(All these people entering...it makes me so much more impatient for my retreat! Argh!)
My prayers are with you!! :)
:clap: :hug:

elizabeth_jane

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1441236' date='Jan 2 2008, 12:54 PM']What ISNT going well is withdrawing from College (I've only completed 2.5 years). All of my professors and advisors are upset with me and think I'm throwing away my life, along with my family. So it is hard, but there is no doubt in my mind that this is what I should be doing, I can only pray that God bestows the grace upon them that is needed to come to terms with my departure.

Like I said before, I will definitely pray for you!
I can relate to the "throwing away your life" part. Many of my friends have been supportive of my choice to try my vocation, but some of them think it is a waste of my college education, my mind, etc., etc. Fortunately the "big" people (my family, etc.) don't feel this way! But it does make it that much harder.
When I was in college I once told my advisor that I wanted to be a stay-at-home mom. Her jaw just about hit the floor.
Mother Angelica said something to the effect that just because you trust God doesn't mean you don't have fear. Someone once asked her why she took so much maalox if she had such great faith. She told him, "my friend, my stomach doesn't know about my great faith."

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' post='1441271' date='Jan 2 2008, 02:54 PM']Imelda,

It gets tough at times doesn't it? You and I aren't so far apart! Well, I am older, married and with children, but I do really understand. You see, I made a choice a long time ago to be a housewife. That meant we would live very simply, no big homes, expensive vacations, clothes with designer labels...but I was more than ready for it. However, other people weren't.

Family and friends were not happy that I was "just staying around the house" as they inaccurately put it. To them this meant that I was just throwing my life away. (sound familiar??) I knew in my heart that being a housewife was right (and do-able) for me. My family fretted and fumed that I needed to know how to do something "just in case"~~translate that into just in case of divorce. Wow, that hurt. My own family didn't have enough confidence in my choices. But I stuck with it. They got over their fears.

All these years later, I'm still a housewife with teenagers and one child turning 20! I haven't regretted my choice for a moment either. I am so glad I never gave up my vocation as a housewife, even when it got really rough. These days I still get the awkward pause in a Dr. dental, or other office when I am asked "Occupation?" When I tell them, sometimes people are taken aback. One thing I have stubbornly done over the years though: If these offices print out my info and where it says "occupation" they simply put "unemployed" I always cross it out and put "Housewife" <_<

We all have our vocations Imelda. You go girl![/quote]

The vocation of housewife is the highest in the world! After all, isn't that what our Lady was! Our cloistered vocation is very similiar! Except for little kids running around it isn't much different and there are times when some sisters make me think that they just turned 12!

People love to talk about service jobs, etc. but the first service is in the heart of the home!
God bless you for embracing your vocation and being proud of it! My mom was the same way. She did have to work for awhile but she was able to bring work home, too. She worked on computers and loved it! She hated the secretarial job she first had and purposely went into building computer parts, etc. because she enjoyed it. She taught me that career isn't life, just one part of it.

• 2 weeks later...

So 13 days until my entrance (that is if I get the St. Joseph's Grant)!

When my grandfather died, we were pretty sure that he knew it was coming but hadn't told us. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't tell his family. NOW I think I have a better understanding. I'm certainly not dying, but EVERYONE is asking for some time with me before I enter, even people I barely know.

It is all kind of overwhelming....there is so much to do and SO little time (especially since I'll be in DC from Thursday until next Wednesday for the Missionaries of the Eucharist + March for Life).

AND I just found out that my internal heart monitor's battery died, so it needs to be taken out....however, I only have ONE day (Next Thursday) where I have time and space for surgery. Craziness!

Please, keep praying for me!

I should find out Thursday or Friday if I get the St. Joseph's Grant. Pray pray pray!

I am soooo very pleased for you, congratulations to you and to the community who
are blessed in getting you. Their joy must be great at the moment with you coming entering as a Postulant and two Clothings coming up. I think you will be entering a very happy community, and they look great on their blog and web site,
Many prayers for you, Adele.

I am so happy to read this and to read over at Moniales.blogspot.com that the Summit nuns will be receiving both you and Miriam, and clothing their two postulants in the habit. God is good. I will pray for all of these budding vocations.