An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Accepted!

ovenbird03

Stress, even good, happy stress, like your upcoming entrance, can lower your resistance to stuff like colds and upper respiratory infections. Just try and get some rest. It'll be OK...God bless!

Praying for your recovery, Lauren, so that you can walk into your monastery aglow with both joy and good health.

Sr Catherine, I wonder if you could (if you have time, which I know is doubtful) walk us through what will be happening for Lauren - what she will find on the other side of the door, so to speak? Did she have to make her postulant outfit or do you have those in stock? Is there any sort of small ceremony upon entrance? At what point will an entrant be assigned tasks, etc?

Do you have a reader for meals or do you talk?

And - I know this is kind of a strange question, but I've always wondered, do the sisters have their own lavatories?

To me, that would be a very big adjustment!

I've always wondered what it would be like - to be, say two days into the monastery, and say to yourself, "this is where I will be, forever." I imagine you end up saying it to yourself, at various times of your cloistered, and in various moods, for a long, long time - decades, even.

Well, you must. I know that as a married woman, I've said "this is where I'll be, forever," sometimes with joy, and sometimes kind of muttering it, and sometimes sighing, "what?"

Sr Mary Catharine OP

[quote name='DameAgnes' post='1451148' date='Jan 26 2008, 12:54 PM']Praying for your recovery, Lauren, so that you can walk into your monastery aglow with both joy and good health.

Sr Catherine, I wonder if you could (if you have time, which I know is doubtful) walk us through what will be happening for Lauren - what she will find on the other side of the door, so to speak? Did she have to make her postulant outfit or do you have those in stock? Is there any sort of small ceremony upon entrance? At what point will an entrant be assigned tasks, etc?

Do you have a reader for meals or do you talk?

And - I know this is kind of a strange question, but I've always wondered, do the sisters have their own lavatories?

To me, that would be a very big adjustment!

I've always wondered what it would be like - to be, say two days into the monastery, and say to yourself, "this is where I will be, forever." I imagine you end up saying it to yourself, at various times of your cloistered, and in various moods, for a long, long time - decades, even.

Well, you must. I know that as a married woman, I've said "this is where I'll be, forever," sometimes with joy, and sometimes kind of muttering it, and sometimes sighing, "what?"[/quote]

I don't have time right now to reply to all your questions but I won't forget and will do it in the near future.
I'm not sure the "this is where I'll be forever" happens in 2 days. Don't forget, unlike marriage, the first 5-6 years are formation during which you are free to leave or to be sent away.
I think my "this is where I'll be forever" really became a reality the day I moved from the novitiate to the professed dormitory during my 2nd year of first vows. That was the biggie for me. I knew this was IT way before that but this was the moment it became clear.

On the other hand, I don't know if this is where I'll be forever! (I hope not forever, actually! Our goal is HEAVEN!) but also maybe I'll be part of a new foundation? Who knows what my Husband has up His sleeve! :-)

And yes, some days it does feel like "the first 30 years are the hardest!"

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1451118' date='Jan 26 2008, 10:27 AM']And Pray for my family! Some of my family members are having such a bad time with this that I can't be in the same room with them because they are so upset.

2 days, 2 days. :)[/quote]

Prayers coming & about the family part I do understand(more than you know). Enjoy your going away parties and hope you have a safe trip to the Monastery. Please think of me at prayers on February 15th.(as that is my entrance day) God bless you and keep you.

In His Peace, Jaimie

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1451179' date='Jan 26 2008, 03:25 PM']Jaimie--

you are in my prayers!

What order are you entering?[/quote]

Thank you for the prayers.

The Sisters of the Third Order of St. Francis in East Peoria, Illinois

[size="3"][/size]
Wow, thats great news about your debts being sorted and that your are actually entering

tomorrow, all the prayers must have made the difference, Congratulations is really is so great

and i hope you are vey happy in your new home and life. I am just 'back' after my retreat and

Clothing so have only just got back on line. Many prayers for you and the community.
Adele ( now Sr Marie-Therese.)

Congratulations, Sr. Marie-Therese, on your clothing!!

Last night was nice. My parents threw me a going away party for family and close friends. The last person left at around 2:30am...so it was certainly tiring!

Today my friends are throwing me a party at my old college. I sort of wished this had all been planned out better so that my last day in the world could be one of peace and prayer rather than running around and such.

This is my last day in the world....and I still have quite a bit to do.

Please pray for me!

[quote name='Blessed Imelda Pray for Us' post='1451716' date='Jan 27 2008, 08:55 PM']Good-bye, Phatmass!

I enter tomorrow :)[/quote]
That's wonderful!! God bless you!!! :pray: