An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Purpose Of This Forum

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

After having visited many vocation discernment sites, I have come to feel that Phatmass is "home", because of its emphasis on orthodoxy, and at least previously, its reverence for religious and and closeness in association with them. Having read some unbelievable comments on a thread in this forum, I have decided to write this post.
THis is "Vocation Station". While other vocations such as marriage and single life are considered here, the main emphasis is for assisting those who feel they may have a vocation from God to the priesthood or consecrated life. Therefore, I do not feel this forum is an appropriate place for those who hold in contempt the Church, religious, religious life, or our Faith in general. I was saddened to see such comments directed towards a consecrated religious. I hope this will not ever happen again on this forum, and I was, as I'm sure many others are, deeply disturbed by this.It is possible to disagree with someone and maintain an atmosphere of respect and dignity.
I would like to express my appreciation for all religious, especially the party involved. Thank God for all priests and religious who have been so helpful on this forum!

Edited by Saint Therese

Chiquitunga

Saint Therese, thanks for posting this. I agree.

This thread might get closed as the thread "Speechless" was, for a good reason to stop the arguing, but I just wanted to add, I also have appreciated phatmass and particularly Vocation Station for all the wonderful resources and people I've met here, and to especially thank all the priests and religious who have so generously contributed.

I've been back on phatmass now that it's Easter, and I have also been equally disturbed by all that has been going on. I pray for healing for all involved. May God grant us His Mercy during this time of preparation for Divine Mercy Sunday. For the sake of His Sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! :sign:

[quote name='Saint Therese' post='1485883' date='Mar 27 2008, 03:55 PM']After having visited many vocation discernment sites, I have come to feel that Phatmass is "home", because of its emphasis on orthodoxy, and at least previously, its reverence for religious and and closeness in association with them. Having read some unbelievable comments on a thread in this forum, I have decided to write this post.
THis is "Vocation Station". While other vocations such as marriage and single life are considered here, the main emphasis is for assisting those who feel they may have a vocation from God to the priesthood or consecrated life. Therefore, I do not feel this forum is an appropriate place for those who hold in contempt the Church, religious, religious life, or our Faith in general. I was saddened to see such comments directed towards a consecrated religious. I hope this will not ever happen again on this forum, and I was, as I'm sure many others are, deeply disturbed by this.It is possible to disagree with someone and maintain an atmosphere of respect and dignity.
I would like to express my appreciation for all religious, especially the party involved. Thank God for all priests and religious who have been so helpful on this forum![/quote]

+

Amen.

+J.M.J+
sorry, i know you meant well, but please go to the prayer thread and pray for VS. :) God bless!