An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mcid

Starets

Here I am!!

I got back Sunday night and have been working like a crazy woman all week. I leave tomorrow for Phoenix to meet up with friends I haven't seen in year. So I'll be busy all weekend. When I return I hope to finish a slideshow I made of the pictures I managed to take. Hopefully Brother Bruno will send me a few of the pictures from his Profession Mass so I can intersperse them. I was waiting to come up with some inspired expressions to add to the slide show...

Let me leave you by saying this: It was an AMAZING experience. I'd never been to a men's monastery. The chant, the reverence in the Mass, tangible peace... absolutely astounding. There were times that I had tears in my eyes from the beauty of it all. And when I left I had a hard time allowing the world to intrude on my peace.

Thank you again, Brother Bruno, for allowing me to meet you. It was such an honor.

God bless you.

• 5 months later...

Wow

The friday before Palm Sunday marked the second anniversary of my arrival here. I am still here and doing well.

One big thing is that I have become the community baker. I have baked almost all of the bread that has been baked here for the last year and a half. My brother monks enjoy my handiwork. It even gets sent to a couple local benefactors as a sort of extra thankyou! I bought a couple breadmaking cookbooks last December and now have greatly expanded my repertoire. The community has seen some ups and downs and experienced some growth. So have I. I just wanted to make a little progress report :)
:monk:

sistersintigo

[quote name='Staretz' date='06 April 2010 - 03:23 PM' timestamp='1270578200' post='2087763']
Wow

The friday before Palm Sunday marked the second anniversary of my arrival here. I am still here and doing well.

One big thing is that I have become the community baker. I have baked almost all of the bread that has been baked here for the last year and a half. My brother monks enjoy my handiwork. It even gets sent to a couple local benefactors as a sort of extra thankyou! I bought a couple breadmaking cookbooks last December and now have greatly expanded my repertoire. The community has seen some ups and downs and experienced some growth. So have I. I just wanted to make a little progress report :)
:monk:
[/quote]

Welcome back, Staretz/Bruno, to a forum crawling with Green Bunchies. And other colors too.

laetitia crucis

[quote name='sistersintigo' date='06 April 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1270584741' post='2087831']
Welcome back, Staretz/Bruno, to a forum crawling with Green Bunchies. And other colors too.
[/quote]

The bunchies welcome you back with much love, I am certain. :D

• 4 months later...
sistersintigo

coming up on your one-year anniversary of your Simple Profession --

how long until your Solemn Profession? a matter of how many years??

prayers and blessings.

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1281818615' post='2157404']
coming up on your one-year anniversary of your Simple Profession --

how long until your Solemn Profession? a matter of how many years??

prayers and blessings.
[/quote]

I can make my Solemn Profession anytime after October 3, 2012. I wouold like to make it sometime the following summer. Maybe some of my relatives can come down. I just got back from a family visit for my grandmother's 95th birthday party. it was the first time I had seen any of my family in well over a decade. I was there in full habit. Everyone wanted to talk with me. They say that I look very healthy and happy. I did so much talking that I have a sore throat now!

sistersintigo

What a blessing, br. Bruno, for you and those you love. What providence, and what an occasion for gratitude. After all that you have suffered and endured, you have by the grace of God matured sufficiently to rise to this occasion. Now, not only do you have happy memories of them, but they also will have positive and fulfilling memories of you and how far God's hand has guided you. And, at the same time, how very relieved and happy you must feel, to come home to your brothers in Christ and St. Benedict. Thanks so much for disclosing all this to us.

sistersintigo

Here is a link to BrBruno/Staretz 's old "countdown thread." He has, indeed, come a long way, thanks be to God. [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=71700"]Staretz Countdown Thread[/url]
[quote name='littlesister' timestamp='1255114642' post='1981836']
And there's a long step forward! Congratulations, Brother Bruno. We're all happy for you!
[/quote]