An Old School Catholic Message Board

If You Could Join Any Community...

Veritas

This is such a hard question to ask me! I have no idea what would be the best for me, only God can tell me that. And if I answer this question according to which order I think I would be most happy, then I would be so dissatisfied relying on my own judgements at the present moment to my own happiness. Only God can see my success in 50 years from now, only He knows what I need to please Him. So I can't even find a way to answer this. I know it takes out all the fun. But I would never leave that up to me. :idontknow:

[quote name='MandyKhatoon' post='1629244' date='Aug 16 2008, 08:48 PM']Oh my goodness! I know those Sisters! I just wasn't sure if those were the Sisters of the Holy Cross you were talking about! I've seen some at Assumption Grotto Church in Detroit. They are extremely beautiful! I've always wanted to go and visit them! That's something that I'll put on my to-do list! :)[/quote]

Yep you got it! Those are the Sisters I'm looking into...they came here in 2005, i believe and they work hand in hand with the brothers. You're right, they are beautiful! God Bless you in your discernment!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='servus Mariae' post='1629186' date='Aug 16 2008, 08:23 PM']That website didn't work for me....[/quote]

The Olivetan Benedictines are monastic with an active apostolate. They were a modified white habit with a black veil. olivben.org

icelandic_iceskater

[quote name='shadowedseraph' post='1629732' date='Aug 17 2008, 02:40 PM']Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist but they're on the wrong continient for me :([/quote]they're awesome. If I'm called to religious life I kinda hope its there

Domine ut Videam

I am making an addition :rolleyes: If I was called I would love to join the Sisters of Life, but I con't know if I am called to that apostolate. They are beautiful and their work amazing.