An Old School Catholic Message Board

Carmelite Nuns In Las Cruces

Saint Therese

Saint Therese

I realize this isn't much a of a page but here it is: [url="http://www.carmelitesoflascruces.org/building.shtml"]Carmelite Nuns in Las Cruces[/url]

• 2 years later...

This is an old thread and the link there doesn't work anymore .. but I just stumbled upon a couple articles on this new Carmel and thought I'd post them. They are a foundation from the Carmel in Chihuahua, Mexico .. [url="http://www.dioceseoflascruces.org/article_page.php?num=44%20"]Blessing the New Carmelite Monastery[/url] & [url="http://www.dioceseoflascruces.org/includes/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/filemanager/files/voctn/nwma10.pdf"]Vocation Notes, Fall 2010[/url] (page 6)

[left][img]http://i54.tinypic.com/2hcp536.png[/img]

[i][size="2"]Monasterio de Santa Teresa Benedicta de la Cruz y San José [/size][/i][/left]

Edited by Chiquitunga

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1289451395' post='2186388']
This is right next door 45min from my house. :like:
[/quote]

Have you been there before?

[quote name='Klaudi87' timestamp='1289451395' post='2186388']
This is right next door 45min from my house. :like: [/quote]

Oh my goodness! That is soo neat! :kitten: Well, if you ever make a visit there like for Mass, we'd love to hear about it! There isn't much about them online. I love that they're in a hidden rural area. They seem very poor too :pray:

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1289452543' post='2186396']
Oh my goodness! That is soo neat! :kitten: Well, if you ever make a visit there like for Mass, we'd love to hear about it! There isn't much about them online. I love that they're in a hidden rural area. They seem very poor too :pray:
[/quote]

Yep Las Cruces is a very small city so theres nothing but mountains and desert. To be honest I don't know too much about them myself. I think I heard about them some time ago. :)

Thank you for posting the information.

I am looking forward to finally learning to speak Spanish so that I will be able to begin visiting communities abroad. There are so many wonderful communities in Spanish speaking countries, but Americans do not know of them because many do not have websites. This is a point to lament over, because they seem to be masters in the school of love--at least those who have not been indoctrinated by Western sensibilities.

[quote name='Rising_Suns' timestamp='1289453945' post='2186399']
Thank you for posting the information.

I am looking forward to finally learning to speak Spanish so that I will be able to begin visiting communities abroad. There are so many wonderful communities in Spanish speaking countries, but Americans do not know of them because many do not have websites. This is a point to lament over, because they seem to be masters in the school of love--at least those who have not been indoctrinated by Western sensibilities.
[/quote]

I can teach you :like:

I would really appreciate that!

Actually, if you have a moment, I was wondering if someone could help me translate this section of a letter I received (google seems to render it awkwardly);

"También, le agradecemos de todo corazón su deseo de ayudarnos. ¡El Señor nos ha dado hermanos! ¿Cómo dejar de sorprendernos por este don? Dios nos ha unido, nos ha hecho entrar en su misma comunión en el Cuerpo de su Hijo, y disfrutar de la dicha inmensa de amarnos unos a otros."

[quote name='Rising_Suns' timestamp='1289455851' post='2186404']
I would really appreciate that!

Actually, if you have a moment, I was wondering if someone could help me translate this section of a letter I received (google seems to render it awkwardly);

"También, le agradecemos de todo corazón su deseo de ayudarnos. ¡El Señor nos ha dado hermanos! ¿Cómo dejar de sorprendernos por este don? Dios nos ha unido, nos ha hecho entrar en su misma comunión en el Cuerpo de su Hijo, y disfrutar de la dicha inmensa de amarnos unos a otros."
[/quote]

"We would also like to thank you from our hearts for your desire in helping us. The Lord has given us Brothers! How can we fail to be in awe for this gift? God has united us, he has made us enter in his same communion in the body of his Son, and enjoy of the great blessing of loving one another"

Edited by Klaudi87

Thank you for the translation. :) I didn't realize "dejar" could be used in that way. It makes much more sense now.

The Lord really does seem to be blessing this community.