An Old School Catholic Message Board

Obama's Rules For Radicals:

Lounge Daddy

This is Obama speaking to his supporters, encouraging his supporters to shut down debate by shouting down the opposition and being aggressive:

[indent]
"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face."

"And if they tell you that, 'Well, we're not sure where he stands on guns.' I want you to say, 'He believes in the Second Amendment.' If they tell you, 'Well, he's going to raise your taxes,' you say, 'No, he's not, he's going lower them.' You are my ambassadors. You guys are the ones who can make the case."

In Las Vegas, Obama targeted his message to Hispanic and African-American voters. He promised to reform the health care system, create a teacher corps, reform bankruptcy laws and clean up the mortgage business.

"I will crack down on predatory lenders — who all too often target the African-American community, target the Hispanic community — with tough new penalties that treat mortgage fraud like the crime that it is," he said.

The policy notes and the taunts to his opponent were warmly received by a crowd estimated at 14,000 by the park's facilities director.

Some in the audience in Elko said they were satisfied with Obama's tone.

"I think he needs to keep doing exactly what he's doing, which is speak softly, show it through," said Paul Barnhart, a retired real estate appraiser. "I think most Americans are pretty fed up and sick and tired of the bickering and the battling back and forth. I am."

Holly Black, a special education teacher in Elko, agreed. "I don't believe in the trash-talking. I believe he is aggressive."[/indent]

[url="http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/09/17/politics/p185733D40.DTL&type=politics"]Oh, the link to the article.[/url]
That would help.

Note the supporter quoted near the end likes what Obama is suggesting because he is tires of the "bickering." I suppose shutting down debate is one way to stop the bickering and arguing. It also is a move toward fascism. But Obama, who grew up fascinated with ideologies like Marxism might not see a problem with that.

Why is it so easy for Obama to appeal to the poor and the working-class? It seems that this group gets fascinated with hollow promises all the time, and this is why the Democratic party tends to pander to them the most. I still don't see what Clinton ever did for the African Americans in our country, or the Hispanics for that part. I still don't see how Obama expects to do all the things he promises. These issues come up in every election, and yet, a Democratic-run Congress hasn't helped resolve any of these issues. Are people really this ignorant & easily fooled?

Edited by dominicansoul

KnightofChrist

I doubt McCain would seriously ask that, arguing in 'someones face' is threatening.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1658210' date='Sep 18 2008, 11:19 AM']i dont think mccain would say anything differently.[/quote]

And if he or Sarah Palin were the ones to say it, everyone would likely be agreeing.

For Pete's sake, it's an EXPRESSION people. Or maybe it depends where in the US you live... Lounge Daddy, where does it say that he told them to shout, yell, or even raise their voice?

Anyone who buys into the theory that raising taxes for the rich but cutting taxes for 95% is 1. possible, or 2. going to put more money in their pocket, is living in la la land. Here's what happens when you "cut" taxes.

Rich people are going to stay rich. If you tax them more, they will recover their temporary losses by doing - gues what - RAISING PRICES.

Who do you think owns businesses? Poor people? Stop fooling yourselves. Say you're the guy in the $200,000 annual income bracket, subject to Obama's higher taxes. What do you do for a living? You either own real estate, operate a business, work in a corporation, or work on Wall Street. If your taxes go up, you raise the cost of the service you provide to cover your losses. Who ends up paying? The consumer... you know, the one that pays $1100 less in taxes per year, but needs to spend $1500 per year more on gas, groceries, medical care, insurance, clothes, utilities, and housing.

Unless he is going in to the counterfiet money business, Obama can't make money appear out of nowhere. The money has to come from somewhere. It will come from us.

All these people that have been shelling out contribution money to Obama are going to come looking for a reward for thier investment. What did he promise to do for them in return? (MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THEM!)

Pray that God will have mercy on us, and that McCain/Palin win the election.

like rush Limbaugh says , the democrats have been making promises for the last 40 years, talking about
how they will save the worlds poor and middle class. Its the same ol' same. communists trying to change our government from democracy to a communist regime...

princessgianna

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1658181' date='Sep 18 2008, 09:58 AM']"I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face."[/quote]

funny thing happened to day that this quote reminded me of

today we were at a stop light and this guy with a Obama pin was getting this other guy some sort of petition and
i heard him convince the guy by saying "those republicans are so wealthy and it is about time to spread the wealth" the only thing i can't understand is what is keeping that guy for getting his own wealth!!! By working hard! I thought we as Americans took pride in having a equal opportunity not necessary a equal paycheck but hey isn't that how capitalism works???

but i could be missing something!! Like according to that Obama guy- republicans should work and democrats should get paid ?!?!?! where is that logic!!!??!?!

[quote name='Akalyte' post='1658820' date='Sep 19 2008, 12:00 AM']like rush Limbaugh says , the democrats have been making promises for the last 40 years, talking about
how they will save the worlds poor and middle class. Its the same ol' same. communists trying to change our government from democracy to a communist regime...[/quote]
they've all been saying that, democrats and republicans alike....

screw politicians.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1658854' date='Sep 18 2008, 11:48 PM']they've all been saying that, democrats and republicans alike....

screw politicians.[/quote]
Hate politicians if you want; they're running your country. :)
Every once in a while someone even does a good job.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1658859' date='Sep 19 2008, 12:53 AM']Hate politicians if you want; they're running your country. :)
Every once in a while someone even does a good job.[/quote]
well i say a politician is a politician is a politician. sometimes they are okay... most of the times, they arent.

[quote name='Terra Pax' post='1658869' date='Sep 19 2008, 01:12 AM']well i say a politician is a politician is a politician. sometimes they are okay... most of the times, they arent.[/quote]

Absolutely!