An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teens Pledge Allegiance To Obama...

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1671045' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:19 PM']Probably not, since it very likely never happened.[/quote]

It very much did happen :annoyed: some of the good little catholic boys from the schools I talked about in the other thread were in it, too. It took me along time to see Bush was not a grand hero. Its all I knew of polotics and I believed it. I (along with the others) thought we knew everything about the world becuase of the hand-fed bits of information we recieved and we, especially the boys, without adult prompting or with it would express their loyality in such a way. I know he's not the worst, I won't demonize him, but I see reality now, much more then when I was filled with all their chants. The allure of these groups is just as much as a gang. Its a community that will take care of you and has your back. Just like I was taught Bush was....Bush was going to make everything ALL better.

Anyway I don't have video. Not sure it exists. Some stuff was viedo taped but most of it wasn't since there was a few wacko "camera will steal your soul" boys from one christian school involved for a while.

Shouldn't this be in Election section? I notice more and more political threads in Open Mic these days...

That said, the video didn't creep me out any more than the usual stuff. I'm actually just as creeped out by Palin trying to label Obama a friend of terrorism. For an "outsider" she sure she seems cozy with Washington's ways of attacking people.

The widespread blind cult-like devotion to Obama is still pretty darned creepy. I've really never seen anything quite like it with any other U.S. politician - not Bush, not the Clintons, not Kerry, not Gore.

It does closely resemble the "cult of personality" surrounding Communist and Fascist dictators, though. Extremely unsettling, to say the least.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='BG45' post='1671064' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:39 PM']Shouldn't this be in Election section? I notice more and more political threads in Open Mic these days...

That said, the video didn't creep me out any more than the usual stuff. I'm actually just as creeped out by Palin trying to label Obama a friend of terrorism. For an "outsider" she sure she seems cozy with Washington's ways of attacking people.[/quote]

Palin is being truthful, Ayers has [b]never apologized, and said he wished he did more[/b], of the [b]bombings[/b] he and his group set off in the Untied States. In fact he said on 9/11, to the NYT, ‘I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.’

Obama served chairmen on Ayers charity organization. Obama and Ayers also worked on other community boards together. Ayers also held a meet the candidate event at his home for Obama when Obama first ran for office.

Obama’s campaign had previously described Obama's relationship with Ayers as “friendly.”
Obama has a friendly relationship with a man who is not sorry for bombings in the Untied States.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671083' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:58 PM']In fact he said on 9/11, to the NYT, ‘I don’t regret setting bombs. I feel we didn’t do enough.[/quote]

Misleading. Typical. He didn't say that on 9/11, he was interviewed before 9/11 and the article in which he stated that was published on 9/11. This has all been cleared up numerous times before on the internet, I am surprised people are still pushing this rumor. Someone who wrote a smear book about Obama even said that the Obama-Ayers link was mostly just hype and that that is why he didn't include it in his book.

What do you mean facism "is coming"? As near as I can tell, it has slowley worked it's way here, bit by bit over the years

princessgianna

[quote name='Selah' post='1671095' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:06 PM']What do you mean facism "is coming"? As near as I can tell, it has slowley worked it's way here, bit by bit over the years[/quote]
Wow i am hearing that more and more!

KnightofChrist

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1671090' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:04 PM']Misleading. Typical. He didn't say that on 9/11, he was interviewed before 9/11 and the article in which he stated that was published on 9/11. This has all been cleared up numerous times before on the internet, I am surprised people are still pushing this rumor. Someone who wrote a smear book about Obama even said that the Obama-Ayers link was mostly just hype and that that is why he didn't include it in his book.[/quote]

Ok, but [b]so what[/b]. If on 9/11, before 9/11, or after 9/11 Ayers has [u][b]never[/b][/u] [b]apologized[/b].

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Socrates' post='1671074' date='Oct 5 2008, 07:49 PM']The widespread blind cult-like devotion to Obama is still pretty darned creepy. I've really never seen anything quite like it with any other U.S. politician - not Bush, not the Clintons, not Kerry, not Gore.

It does closely resemble the "cult of personality" surrounding Communist and Fascist dictators, though. Extremely unsettling, to say the least.[/quote]

Agreed. There was a great list of quotes on some blog I can't remember now, back in the early days of Obama's campaign, where various celebs and liberal commentators had made comments about him--it was just stupifying, the things they were saying, the gushing, and the near-worship. Scary. Nothing good has EVER come of a human being adored this way--even scarier when it's liberals doing the adoring.

Madame Vengier

[quote name='BG45' post='1671064' date='Oct 5 2008, 07:39 PM']Shouldn't this be in Election section? I notice more and more political threads in Open Mic these days...

That said, the video didn't creep me out any more than the usual stuff. I'm actually just as creeped out by Palin trying to label Obama a friend of terrorism. For an "outsider" she sure she seems cozy with Washington's ways of attacking people.[/quote]

Obama IS a friend of terrorism. There are numerous sources of evidence in this matter and much of it has been posted here at PM. Some people choose to ignore it. Or forget it.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671100' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:10 PM']Ok, but [b]so what[/b]. If on 9/11, before 9/11, or after 9/11 Ayers has [u][b]never[/b][/u] [b]apologized[/b].[/quote]

he hasn't apologized, and that's horrible, but to say "he said _____ on 9/11 makes it sound about 15000 times worse than it actually is. it was a horrid and chilling coincidence.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1671013' date='Oct 5 2008, 06:47 PM']Proof please? I have not heard of this happening since the '30's...[/quote]

ummmm...Have you ever seen "Jesus Camp"?

princessgianna

[quote name='Madame Vengier' post='1671117' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:17 PM']Obama IS a friend of terrorism. There are numerous sources of evidence in this matter and much of it has been posted here at PM. Some people choose to ignore it. Or forget it.[/quote]
OR they are so convinced that hope is better than reality!

As my mother so wisly told me "if Obama brings change like he is promising than we will no longer be free for America would be communistic!
The whole essence of Democracy is to not give too much power to one person and that the Government be for the people not the people for the government! So if Obama does have that much power to bring the change the way he wants than Obama is a communist ! And America be no longer free!
Hopefully that does not CHANGE!!
St. Jude pray for us~! :pray:

KnightofChrist

[quote name='SpareTime' post='1671120' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:20 PM']he hasn't apologized, and that's horrible, but to say "he said _____ on 9/11 makes it sound about 15000 times worse than it actually is. it was a horrid and chilling coincidence.[/quote]

Really doesnt matter, after alone 9/11 was even more reason to apologize. But also because it was published on 9/11 and [b]he did not retract it that day[/b] is just as bad as saying that day.