An Old School Catholic Message Board

Teens Pledge Allegiance To Obama...

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671194' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:43 PM']Obama, and some of his supporters are pathetic.

America is [b]not[/b] pathetic, because her people are not, perhaps parts of her government.
America is not by any means perfect but she has stood as a force of good, and still does.[/quote]

She's been about as savage and ruthless as any other Empire.

I love this, The American people are not pathatic, but Obama and his supporters are.

So half the country is pathatic but America's people are not pathatic?

huh?

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671195' date='Oct 5 2008, 09:46 PM']She's been about as savage and ruthless as any other Empire.

I love this, The American people are not pathatic, but Obama and his supporters are.

So half the country is pathatic but America's people are not pathatic?

huh?[/quote]

I'm sorry but do you have a problem with the thought that America is pathetic or dont you? Your not being very clear, trying to be both ways.

The supporters in the context of this thread, I was speaking of where the ones who made there children shoot these video's.

Obama is pathetic for his support of infanticide.

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671201' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:55 PM']I'm sorry but do you have a problem with the thought that America is pathetic or dont you? Your not being very clear, trying to be both ways.

The supporters in the context of this thread, I was speaking of where the ones who made there children shoot these video's.

Obama is pathetic for his support of infanticide.[/quote]

I found your comments contradictory. You claim the American people are not pathatic (a universal claim about all Americans) yet also claim that some Americans are pathatic.

KnightofChrist

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671214' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:29 PM']I found your comments contradictory. You claim the American people are not pathatic (a universal claim about all Americans) yet also claim that some Americans are pathatic.[/quote]

As explained, the ones I was speaking of where the videos makers. Clearly you at did not under what that 'some' meant when you stated half of America supported Obama, and you stated I was calling them pathetic. I wasn't talking about that, I was speaking in context of this thread about the praise obama songs.

Obama and some of his supports do not define America.

Edited by KnightofChrist

[quote name='KnightofChrist' post='1671218' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:34 PM']As explained, the ones I was speaking of where the videos makers. Clearly you at did not under what that 'some' meant when you stated half of America supported Obama, and you stated I was calling them pathetic. I wasn't talking about that, I was speaking in context of this thread about the praise obama songs.

Obama and some of his supports do not define America.[/quote]

koc i think it's your bedtime :P

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671186' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:37 PM']That sounds aweful unpatriotic :detective:[/quote]
The virtue of patriotism can never be separated from truth. Thus, as I see it, anyone who thinks that Obama is a "savior" or a "messiah" figure is pathetic.

[quote name='Hassan' post='1671195' date='Oct 5 2008, 10:46 PM']She's been about [b]as savage and ruthless as any other Empire[/b].[/quote]
I see our American education system isn't faring too well either.

As bad as this is, was Hiliary the one in this spot I think things would be MUCH worse. People still sing her praises. *gag me with a spoon*

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1671267' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:22 AM']The virtue of patriotism can never be separated from truth. Thus, as I see it, anyone who thinks that Obama is a "savior" or a "messiah" figure is pathetic.[/quote]

Yeah, but...maybe it would have been better to have said Obama supporters are pathetic and not America is pathetic. Although, in reality, there is cause for that argument, too. I personally don't think America is faring too well--on many levels...

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Apotheoun' post='1671267' date='Oct 6 2008, 12:22 AM']The virtue of patriotism can never be separated from truth. Thus, as I see it, anyone who thinks that Obama is a "savior" or a "messiah" figure is pathetic.[/quote]
Don't forget placing him in what looked like a Greek Temple, and Obama having his own emblem. I think widespread relativism sets us up for something really bad.

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Socrates' post='1671074' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:49 PM']The widespread blind cult-like devotion to Obama is still pretty darned creepy. I've really never seen anything quite like it with any other U.S. politician - not Bush, not the Clintons, not Kerry, not Gore.

It does closely resemble the "cult of personality" surrounding Communist and Fascist dictators, though. Extremely unsettling, to say the least.[/quote]

I have been thinking the same thing about the campaign promises from the Obama camp.They go well beyond typical promises that may or may not be kept. What Obama promises are simply impossible to obtain if you just look at all he promises---they do not make sense. But people are hearing what he sais, and nodding their head because they "sound good."

Obama has generally stated that America cannot afford the war, but we can afford to feed all the people in the world? He claims he will not raise taxes (except on the evil dirty rich), yet he makes promises on all the State will provide. It all doesn't add up.

In fact, recently [url="http://townhall.com/columnists/RobertDNovak/2008/10/02/what_is_a_loophole"]Robert Novak requested a copy of the Obama[/url] tax plan from the campaign. Usually at this point a campaign starts to clarify, but Obama hasn't. What Novak received was "a 19-page single-spaced paper on the candidate's 'tax plans.' In fact, there was precious little about tax policy in the paper, which amounted to a repeat of Democratic campaign oratory..."

But it doesn't matter. Obama is a rock star, or a prophet, or something akin to a greek god, or however he is being looked at. It doesn't matter if it's true; it only matters if people think it's true. It's all true enough if it "motivates the masses."

Madame Vengier

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1671424' date='Oct 6 2008, 10:09 AM']I have been thinking the same thing about the campaign promises from the Obama camp.They go well beyond typical promises that may or may not be kept. What Obama promises are simply impossible to obtain if you just look at all he promises---they do not make sense. But people are hearing what he sais, and nodding their head because they "sound good."

Obama has generally stated that America cannot afford the war, but we can afford to feed all the people in the world? He claims he will not raise taxes (except on the evil dirty rich), yet he makes promises on all the State will provide. It all doesn't add up.

In fact, recently [url="http://townhall.com/columnists/RobertDNovak/2008/10/02/what_is_a_loophole"]Robert Novak requested a copy of the Obama[/url] tax plan from the campaign. Usually at this point a campaign starts to clarify, but Obama hasn't. What Novak received was "a 19-page single-spaced paper on the candidate's 'tax plans.' In fact, there was precious little about tax policy in the paper, which amounted to a repeat of Democratic campaign oratory..."

But it doesn't matter. Obama is a rock star, or a prophet, or something akin to a greek god, or however he is being looked at. It doesn't matter if it's true; it only matters if people think it's true. It's all true enough if it "motivates the masses."[/quote]

A chunk of people who support Obama can barely read and write and are poorly educated. Another chunk are not American-born and lack a proper education on our government and how it works. Another chunk support him solely on his race and nothing else. Another chunk hates everything Republicans and conservatives stand for and just vote the opposite. Another chunk don't speak English well or at all. Another chunk are ignorant and believe whatever looks and sounds nice. Another chunk just vote Democrat across the board with no questions asked. Another chunk hates America.

These are the people who will put Barack Obama in the White House.

princessgianna

[quote name='filiusInFilio' post='1671159' date='Oct 5 2008, 08:57 PM'][img]http://studentorgs.umf.maine.edu/~pos136-6/HitlerYouth(kenneth).jpg[/img][/quote]

that is sad! :sadder:

and VERY disturbing :huh:

:pray: :))

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lounge Daddy' post='1670948' date='Oct 5 2008, 07:20 PM'][img]http://drudgereport.com/tpa.jpg[/img]

Already little children are [url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=85420"]singing to "Dear Leader" Obama[/url].

And now[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUEQz5dltmI"] teens are pledging allegiance to Obama[/url]. As if going into combat. Coercion. Threat. Fascism is coming.[/quote]

Lounge dad, shouldn't you say communism is coming? What I mean is, Facism is reserved for the right not the left.

: )