An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Defines Your Generation?

socalscout

I miss the early 90's.

People have already mentioned some of my highlights:

Are You Afraid of the Dark
Goosebumps (I wasn't much of a reader, but everyone was reading these books, I should read them again)
Bobby's World
Duck Tales
The ORIGINAL Power Rangers
NES, Sega, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64

[quote name='thegoodpippo' post='1679290' date='Oct 16 2008, 06:22 PM']it was MC Hammer, Full House, Vanilla Ice, Pee-Wees Big Adventure, Nirvana, and Pearl Jam... Green Day, Saved By the Bell, Reality Bites, Salt N Pepa, Alanis Morrisette, Transformers, Thundercats, TMNT, Macgyver, Beavis and Butthead, Dumb and Dumber, Wayne's World, Cross Colours, Cavarecci's, Rayon Shirts, Doc Martens, Flannel Shirts, Street Fighter II, Mortal Kombat, and of course... What Would Jesus Do???[/quote]
:yes:

I would add X-Files, the Real World, Family Ties, Sega, Cindy Crawford, Braveheart, the Voyager, Notre Dame (football), Silk Shirts, Bowl Cuts, the Gulf War, Top Gun

gosh I could go on & on I wonder what God thinks?

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Nadezhda' post='1679318' date='Oct 16 2008, 06:32 PM']a bad perm[/quote]
<sigh> Thanks... :ohno: sad, but true.

Definately Sid and Marty Krofft
Rankin/Bass holiday specials (Rudolph, Year without a Santa Claus, etc)
Superfriends
The Muppet Show (and the Muppet Movie)

and, of course, School House Rock

Disco then Urban Cowboy
muscle cars
bikes with sissy bars and banana seats
window pane blue jeans
platform shoes
mood rings
pet rocks
streaking

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1679390' date='Oct 16 2008, 05:06 PM']Disco then Urban Cowboy
muscle cars
bikes with sissy bars and banana seats
window pane blue jeans
platform shoes
mood rings
pet rocks
streaking[/quote]
I had a Schwinn Stingray

missionseeker

[quote name='Noel's angel' post='1679194' date='Oct 16 2008, 04:49 PM']I am of the Nickelodeon generation.

Clarissa Explains It All, Pete 'N' Pete, Doug....you know you love 'em.[/quote]

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1679197' date='Oct 16 2008, 04:55 PM']Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, Figure It Out and Double Dare...

Rugrats, CatDog, Angry Beavers, Invader Zim, and the premier of Spongebob...

Sailor Moon, DBZ, Pokemon and Digimon, and Sonic on Saturday mornings...[/quote]

[quote name='MissyP89' post='1679241' date='Oct 16 2008, 05:38 PM']Tamagotchi![/quote]

haha... YES
lol.

[quote name='T-Bone _' post='1679307' date='Oct 16 2008, 06:29 PM']GI Joe, Transformers, Thundercats, Shirt Tales, You Can't Do That on Television, Mr. Wizard's World, Fraggle Rock...[/quote]

FRAGGLE ROCK :woot:

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1679336' date='Oct 16 2008, 06:46 PM']<sigh> Thanks... :ohno: sad, but true.

Definately Sid and Marty Krofft
Rankin/Bass holiday specials (Rudolph, Year without a Santa Claus, etc)
Superfriends
The Muppet Show (and the Muppet Movie)

and, of course, School House Rock[/quote]

I LOVE THE MUPPETS!!!!

They are my favourite! favourite thing in D.C. --- oh yeah... the muppet exhibit. Specifically the Swedish chef...

That's kinda sad... :lol:

Ash Wednesday

I'm on the tail end of Generation X, i.e. born in the mid 70s. My early childhood consisted of:
Evel Knievel, disco, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, the Carter and Reagan presidencies.

Then mainstream childhood was the 80s -- there was Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Smurfs, Transformers, music like Michael Jackson and Duran Duran, break dancing, and being afraid of the Soviets.

Adolescence was the New Kids on the Block craze, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, frosty eyeshadow, big earrings, neon mascara, and stone washed jeans and watching communism collapse.

Then as a teenager and in college it was all 90s, grunge, Clinton, flannel shirts, mosh pits.

The post-college 2000s have been a pretty exhausting decade for me. All I can think and bother to say about this decade is, "adulthood is tiresome."

[quote name='Ash Wednesday' post='1679755' date='Oct 17 2008, 08:46 AM']I'm on the tail end of Generation X, i.e. born in the mid 70s. My early childhood consisted of:
Evel Knievel, disco, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, the Carter and Reagan presidencies.

Then mainstream childhood was the 80s -- there was Cabbage Patch Kids, Care Bears, Smurfs, Transformers, music like Michael Jackson and Duran Duran, break dancing, and being afraid of the Soviets.

Adolescence was the New Kids on the Block craze, Tiffany, Debbie Gibson, frosty eyeshadow, big earrings, neon mascara, and stone washed jeans and watching communism collapse.

Then as a teenager and in college it was all 90s, grunge, Clinton, flannel shirts, mosh pits.

The post-college 2000s have been a pretty exhausting decade for me. All I can think and bother to say about this decade is, "adulthood is tiresome."[/quote]

I had the Evel Knieval motorcycle that jumped over the RV. He was the coolest at the time.

I remember how I dressed in the late 70s early 80s when I was 12. I remember OP corduroy shorts, Sex Wax t-shirt (I still wear them) Vans slip-ons, no socks and a Senor Lopez pullover, pictured below. Jeff Spicoli was an image of how we surfers actually dressed back then not just an over exaggerated joke.

[img]http://www.netwalk.com/~truegger/ftrh/pizza4.jpg[/img]

Later, depending on the time in the 80s, we had either polo pastel shirts with Sperry Topsiders and later towards the mid eighties it was flattop hair and rolled up pants with black shoes, white socks and a button up short sleeve shirt left opened with a wife beater underneath or and I am afraid to say this a concert t-shirt with parachute pants. Funny very funny.

In the 90s it was Z. Cavaricci then Grunge.

Responsibility and growing up is not what its all made out to be. :)