An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

VeniJesuAmorMi

I will be getting my letter of either acceptance or not this coming week. I also have a flight booked to go visit them for a week on Dec. 12th...so if I don't get accepted that trip will be just a wee bit awkward. 

Fiat mihi! 

Praying with you and for you! This sounds like an exciting time for you and with the trip coming soon. I'm anticipating a favorable letter also. Please say a prayer for me. :)

VeniJesuAmorMi

Well, I didn't expect to hear so soon (though of course I was hoping I would! :)) Thank you all so much for your prayers. Reverend Mother has told me I have been approved for entrance! Its quite certain that I will be entering Carmel January 5th, in time for the feast of The Epiphany. My postulant items now make up my Christmas list. If you read this MaterMisericordiae, I found an item I needed on the list you made, so thank you for your help! :)

This is such a wonderful Christmas gift from Our Lord; to now be able to live my vocation as a Carmelite and so I get to return this gift to our Lord by giving Him myself. I'm so excited and thankful!

Well, I didn't expect to hear so soon (though of course I was hoping I would! :)) Thank you all so much for your prayers. Reverend Mother has told me I have been approved for entrance! Its quite certain that I will be entering Carmel January 5th, in time for the feast of The Epiphany. My postulant items now make up my Christmas list. If you read this MaterMisericordiae, I found an item I needed on the list you made, so thank you for your help! :)

This is such a wonderful Christmas gift from Our Lord; to now be able to live my vocation as a Carmelite and so I get to return this gift to our Lord by giving Him myself. I'm so excited and thankful!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I'm so glad my list helped.  If you need help finding anything else, just let me know.  So exciting!  :nun1:

PhuturePriest

YEAH JESUITS!

Haha. I've honestly never looked into them before, but everyone from spiritual directors to religious keeps recommending them to me, so I decided to give them a try. I went on the website, and I liked what they did, and Ignatian spirituality seems to click with me so far, so I decided to message them and begin corresponding with them.

Julie de Sales

:nun2: That's wonderful! And so little time left. 

Congratulations VJAM!! I was away on retreat with the Slaves when you first posted about this so I'm just seeing it now. I am so happy for you. I remember that there was a time not to long ago that it seemed as though it would not happen for a very long time. Now, your entering. God is so good, He gives us exactly what we need when we need it.

VeniJesuAmorMi

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I'm so glad my list helped.  If you need help finding anything else, just let me know.  So exciting!  :nun1:

:nun2: That's wonderful! And so little time left. 

Congratulations VJAM!! I was away on retreat with the Slaves when you first posted about this so I'm just seeing it now. I am so happy for you. I remember that there was a time not to long ago that it seemed as though it would not happen for a very long time. Now, your entering. God is so good, He gives us exactly what we need when we need it.

Thank you all so much. Please continue to pray for me! :) I've been especially asking Our Blessed Mother for Her help for preparation and Her protection.

It does seem to be coming so soon, but it is so right. Nothing is holding me back and everything is leading me closer to the Monastery. He is so great in His mercy and faithfulness and I pray that I am faithful as well. There was some times when it did seem to be that it would be a lot longer of a wait or even that I was being called elsewhere. Whatever I did or prayed, I was always led back to Carmel. There seemed to be so many obstacles and I would wonder, "I know this is in my heart, but how will this come about?" So by His grace I just remained faithful to what I believed I knew to be true and trusted that when He permits these obstacles He is also going to be sure to move them out of the way when the time is right, and then it all comes together. So it did at the perfect time!  :)

Edited by VeniJesuAmorMi

ToJesusMyHeart

My anticipated letter has not yet come in the mail, and tomorrow morning I fly to NYC, so I won't know their decision when I meet them at the airport, but I'm assuming they will just tel me their decision when I see them.

If it's a yes, woohoo! But if it's a no.........that will be super awkward. 

Pray for me to be at peace. 

VeniJesuAmorMi

My anticipated letter has not yet come in the mail, and tomorrow morning I fly to NYC, so I won't know their decision when I meet them at the airport, but I'm assuming they will just tel me their decision when I see them.

Many, many prayers! I think they may have thought the same way since you are coming to visit this week; what a great way to get an acceptance! Perhaps they are thinking the same thing. Prayers of peace and safe travels on the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us! :)

That'd be awesome to receive good news in person!  Maybe they'll celebrate while at the convent?  If not good news, you will be in my prayers.  I'm sure God has a reason and purpose for all things.  ;)

Spem in alium

Oh my. What an exciting time it must be for you, yet I'm sure a somewhat anxious one too. You have my best wishes and my prayers for safe travels and for peace. May God be with you.

VeniJesuAmorMi

Reverend Mother called me on Friday. My entrance will not be the first week of January, what was mentioned before, but it will be January 18th! :) It is very exciting to now have a set date and that it is final that I will be entering Carmel. This is it... I am going for life, and to love. 36 days to be exact! It couldn't come soon enough but the time I have will be enjoyed with my family. Many thanks again for prayers, and please continue them.