An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

ToJesusMyHeart

I have been accepted into postulancy with the Sisters of Life. My entrance day is in 9 months on Saturday, September 6, 2014. :) Thank you for all your prayers!

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

I have been accepted into postulancy with the Sisters of Life. My entrance day is in 9 months on Saturday, September 6, 2014. :) Thank you for all your prayers!

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

YAY!!!!!!  :YAHOO:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

VeniJesuAmorMi

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your special news. I don't know if its because I was volunteering today at the Pregnancy Care Center or because of the Community your entering, but when I read 9 months my first thought was about a full term baby! I thought as Our Lord prepares and lovingly forms the baby in the womb before entering into the world, that He is also going to very lovingly prepare you and form you more to be able to live your vocation faithfully before you enter your Community. Interesting thought I had! A nice one to share though. :)

domenica_therese

Gloria in excelsis Deo!

You should spiritually adopt a baby to be born around your entrance day!

ToJesusMyHeart

You should spiritually adopt a baby to be born around your entrance day!

Since I work at a crisis pregnancy center, I can probably easily find a client of mine who will be due around that time. Sounds like a brilliant idea! Thanks!

domenica_therese

Since I work at a crisis pregnancy center, I can probably easily find a client of mine who will be due around that time. Sounds like a brilliant idea! Thanks!

My entrance day was 9 months away a month ago ( :P ) and I was thinking, "Hey, gestation period! :smile3: I still have time to have a baby before entrance, and no one would be the wiser!" Not that I had the desire or means to do so.  :hehe2:  I didn't spiritually adopt a baby though, because I tried spiritually adopting one before and I was simply horrid at remembering to pray for her. Poor dear. I figured that, seeing as you're joining the SOL, you'd probably be better at that sort of thing.  :like3:

Edited by domenica_therese

My discernment is a bit on hold for the next month or so. I'm ok with that because I'm going to be going through a major move and starting a new job (YAY!). I figure give the dust time to settle before moving on in discernment. I'm still hoping for a spring visit with the community but we will have to see.

My discernment is on hold indefinitely as I still cannot find a regular spiritual director even after a Consecrated Virgin in another diocese helped me find someone here.  She led me to a priest in a neighboring parish but he travels quite a bit so he hasn't been able to respond to my requests other than a short email explaining he'll get back to me later (which he never does unless I email him again but then I get the same response).  It's so frustrating not being able to get regular direction as I could be preparing while I get my Bachelor's and starting the preliminary steps.  I guess I'll have to be patient.