An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

petitpèlerin

You had a nice time in France? :french:

Edited by petitpèlerin

TheresaThoma

Lovely time in France. I also forgot sunscreen and was outside a lot so I came back a couple shades darker....

OnlySunshine

Lovely time in France. I also forgot sunscreen and was outside a lot so I came back a couple shades darker....

At least you tan instead of burn - like I do.  If it was me, I'd be burnt like crazy!  :P

Cistercians are SO COOL.

:smokey:  I know. They accidentally found out that I like beer and sausage pizza; I like it here. (No that isn't the real reason.)

chrysostom

They accidentally found out that I like beer and sausage pizza; I like it here. (No that isn't the real reason.)

Now they've got you! :cheers2:

:evil:

inperpetuity

Visiting two monasteries of contemplative nuns in August. I hope my 1st choice is also God's,lol, but whatever He wants.

I am learning patience and lots of it. Thanks to some health problems I may never be able to enter RL but I certainly can't even begin to discern with orders for another two years. Fustrating!! :unsure:

petitpèlerin

Well, I turned a major corner not too long ago and all I need to do is talk to my spiritual director about the details, but he was out of town last week and I've been stuck home sick with some mystery illness since last weekend. I haven't been really sick in 10 or 15 years, and . . . right now?! What the heck?!

Edited by petitpèlerin

chrysostom

Well, I turned a major corner not too long ago and all I need to do is talk to my spiritual director about the details, but he was out of town last week and I've been stuck home sick with some mystery illness since last weekend. I haven't been really sick in 10 or 15 years, and . . . right now?! What the heck?!

Praying for you!

petitpèlerin

Praying for you!

Thank you! I'm feeling better this evening than I have in a week! If this keeps up I'll see my spiritual father Saturday!

Thank you! I'm feeling better this evening than I have in a week! If this keeps up I'll see my spiritual father Saturday!

Hopefully the mystery illness is about to solve itself.

TheresaThoma

Making more progress and learning to be docile to the Holy Spirit and following the community's guidance.

Credo in Deum

I am learning patience and lots of it. Thanks to some health problems I may never be able to enter RL but I certainly can't even begin to discern with orders for another two years. Fustrating!! :unsure:

I can so identify with this.  I'm discerning the priesthood and due to health reasons it will likely be about 2 years before I can actually go to the seminary -if that is God's will.  Right now I'm resolved to offer my hopes and dreams to God and just continue fighting for better heath both physically and spiritually.  I'm asking for the grace to offer whatever happens to Him and to love His will always, even if that means being a sick single male for the rest of my life.  Thy Will Be Done, Lord!

I will pray for you.  Please pray for me.

Also thank you to everyone for your prayers.  They have helped so much.

PAX   

Cantantibus

Is is okay to contact a religious communty's vocation director just to schedule a time to meet? I've been in contact with a vocations director, but only over the phone and email. I would like to meet her in person, but I don't want to waste her time since this would be nothing too important. What do you think? And how do you suggest to go about asking? Thanks :)