An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

petitpèlerin

Entering in a week. A couple weeks ago I went to Carolina and learned to surf - number one item on my bucket list and the only worldly thing I'd ever regret not doing - so nothing stopping me now. Except the idea of moving to the beach and surfing . . . ;)

Entering in a week. A couple weeks ago I went to Carolina and learned to surf - number one item on my bucket list and the only worldly thing I'd ever regret not doing - so nothing stopping me now. Except the idea of moving to the beach and surfing . . . ;)

Really moved by this for some reason. It's so great that you actually did something from your bucket list! I feel like an amazing gift has been given back to me ever since my monk friend told me, 'Of course you can go swimming! So long as no one sees you, there's no reason why you shouldn't. They do it on the Holy Mountain after all.' (That's the Orthodox version of 'The Pope said so.') It seems so silly but I'm absolutely over the moon about it, and I feel it's a tiny taste of being given back a hundredfold what you give up for the Lord.

And I'm so happy for your entrance and wish you all the very best in your journey!

Félicitations! Je penserai à toi et je te souhaite de tout coeur un bon début!

petitpèlerin

Really moved by this for some reason. It's so great that you actually did something from your bucket list! I feel like an amazing gift has been given back to me ever since my monk friend told me, 'Of course you can go swimming! So long as no one sees you, there's no reason why you shouldn't. They do it on the Holy Mountain after all.' (That's the Orthodox version of 'The Pope said so.') It seems so silly but I'm absolutely over the moon about it, and I feel it's a tiny taste of being given back a hundredfold what you give up for the Lord.

And I'm so happy for your entrance and wish you all the very best in your journey!

Thank you! And I know what you mean. I was having a hard time with the decision to enter, since I am so physically active and believe in enjoying God's creation, since it was made for us and all, until I learned this summer that these sisters do swim, and that there's nothing in their constitutions prohibiting them from surfing, if they ever happened to be at a beach with a board at their disposal. ;)

Félicitations! Je penserai à toi et je te souhaite de tout coeur un bon début!

Merci beaucoup! Je prierai pour vous tous!

Thank you! And I know what you mean. I was having a hard time with the decision to enter, since I am so physically active and believe in enjoying God's creation, since it was made for us and all, until I learned this summer that these sisters do swim, and that there's nothing in their constitutions prohibiting them from surfing, if they ever happened to be at a beach with a board at their disposal. ;)

If this happens I want pictures!

I'll be praying for you and maybe I'll see you in November!

petitpèlerin

If this happens I want pictures!

I'll be praying for you and maybe I'll see you in November!

Thanks. I'll be praying for you too and I'm sure our paths will cross again. :)

Good luck! You've always been one of the nicest posters, so it's sad to see you go (I'm assuming your community doesn't use the internet), but I wish you all the best!

P.S. Surfing is awesome.

Prayers for you PetitPelerin.

I'd be interested in something like a headcount or a list of PMers who have left the world, but perhaps for privacy's sake that wouldn't be the best idea for everyone.

I'd be interested in something like a headcount or a list of PMers who have left the world, but perhaps for privacy's sake that wouldn't be the best idea for everyone.

They used to have one but yeah, because of privacy and things like people leaving religious life the thread was deleted. 

Mine is taking some interesting twists and turns, and I've requested to do a live-in with a religious community. :) No prizes for guessing which. It won't be until next summer though.

Right now I am preparing to visit a Poor Clare monastery for a four-day discernment retreat. It's a directed retreat which I've never been on before so there will be a lot of new experiences! And then shortly after I'm attending the Nashville Dominican October retreat. If you're going I'd love to meet up, send me a pm :) 

After that I'm going to take it easy for a year or so, maybe go on a few retreats. I'm trying to get into college but unfortunately I can't afford it so I may just be working over the next year or two. Hopefully by the time I'm twenty one I can finally join an order! 

Mine is taking some interesting twists and turns, and I've requested to do a live-in with a religious community. :) No prizes for guessing which. It won't be until next summer though.

AAA! That's a long time. :headmelt: (<--- can I have this emoticon? My birthday is coming up.)