An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Are You In Your Religious Discernment?

mariaassunta

Benedictus, praying for you!!!!

Staretz, I am so happy you have found a community where you seem able and ready to put down roots.   God is good.   I think they are blessed to have you... and you to have them.  A Benedictine needs a place for to be rooted.... it is at the core of Stability, isn't it!

I am glad you are working on the garden and Fr. Aidan on the community.  One day at a time.

Do you still do any cooking?   I know you had gotten to be pretty expert with bread and cookies... not necessarily in that order!

Hna.Caridad

I'm not sure where to put this--I can't find the Random Vocations Thread, and I don't seem to be able to send private messages, either.

I'm aware that there are at least 3 PMers (correct me if I'm wrong) who are preparing for entrance in the next month or so:  Domenica_Therese, ToJesusMyHeart, and LoveLetsLive.  I'm not on here very often, so I wanted to tell each of you (while I had the opportunity) to please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers as you begin this next stage in your discernment process.  May you experience much grace & joy during these coming years.

TheresaThoma

Yup lots of upcoming entrances!

Also I just booked the ticket for my third visit to the community.

Discernment is starting to really annoy me now. :annoyed:

After the discernment retreat in April, I thought that I was called to marriage more then anything but now I am not so sure. I have questions that are not easy to answer. With school starting up next week, I won't have much time to explore my options.

Maybe I am reading to much into things but then again maybe not. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

AccountDeleted

Discernment is starting to really annoy me now. :annoyed:

After the discernment retreat in April, I thought that I was called to marriage more then anything but now I am not so sure. I have questions that are not easy to answer. With school starting up next week, I won't have much time to explore my options.

Maybe I am reading to much into things but then again maybe not. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Focus on school and wait for things to unfold in your heart. You can't pull on a plant to get it to grow faster - you just have to be patient and let the thing grow in its own way and its own time.

:)

veritasluxmea

Just sent an inquiry asking if spots are open for a retreat at the Motherhouse... I've talked with them before and things have been going well but it's still early yet. Right now I'm just looking forward to visiting them. So, if you could pray for me that would be great. :)

Edited by veritasluxmea

I tried doing a bit of baking since my return to monastic life but I have lost my touch. The bread was not very good. People like my cookies however.

TheresaThoma

Staretz I'm sure with a bit of practice your bread will be awesome again (and I don't think your Brothers would mind terribly if you practiced....)

One week until my monastery trip for the feast of the Assumption!  :)

It's the first time I will have taken 2-3 days off work during the week for the past several months so that will be nice as well.

I'm visiting the only Orthodox monastery in Sweden when I go to see my ma later this month. And at the turn of the month I'll be doing a mini nun run with a nun friend.

So I'm happy :)

Clare~Therese

I'm aware that there are at least 3 PMers (correct me if I'm wrong) who are preparing for entrance in the next month or so:  Domenica_Therese, ToJesusMyHeart, and LoveLetsLive.  I'm not on here very often, so I wanted to tell each of you (while I had the opportunity) to please know that you're in my thoughts & prayers as you begin this next stage in your discernment process.  May you experience much grace & joy during these coming years.

Make that 4.

I haven't really been on Phatmass much in the past few years so some of you newer faces (there are a lot of you!) might not know about me.

Anyway, I have been contacting and discerning with a particular community of Poor Clare Colettines for some time. In February, I received the necessary paperwork for applying to enter. I worked on those papers and sent them back, finished, during the next 3 months.

I'm going to be entering near the end of this month and I'm very excited about it.

The Sisters are almost done sewing "our" postulant jumper, etc.

:dance5: :nun2: :dance5:

AveMariaPurissima

Make that 4.

I haven't really been on Phatmass much in the past few years so some of you newer faces (there are a lot of you!) might not know about me.

Anyway, I have been contacting and discerning with a particular community of Poor Clare Colettines for some time. In February, I received the necessary paperwork for applying to enter. I worked on those papers and sent them back, finished, during the next 3 months.

I'm going to be entering near the end of this month and I'm very excited about it.

The Sisters are almost done sewing "our" postulant jumper, etc.

:dance5: :nun2: :dance5:

That is so awe.some!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :woot: A dear friend of mine joined the PCC's earlier this year, so they have a special place in my heart.  :nun1: